The Two Friends

Possessed

Kevin yawned. School was always bored him. Neither the teacher nor subject could grasp even a bit of the bronze-blonde’s interest. Physic wasn’t his favorite. He felt like didn’t need it when everything he want to do in his future was singing, singing and singing.

“You’re so ugly when you’re yawning,” a husky voice cooed beside him. Hearing that, Kevin shot a glare toward the boy.

“No one asking your opinion, AJ!” he snapped exasperatedly. AJ just chuckled, seeming oblivious with Kevin’s annoyance.

“Yea, yea, I know that,” AJ smirked and continued to look at their teacher.

Kevin huffed. ‘Obviously. Being the smartest in the class made AJ should pay attention to the every single lesson very well,’ he thought sarcastically.

“Hey, Kevin, let’s go to the book store after class on the way home. I need some new books,” AJ said when the bell rang. That was when Kevin realized if he had been daydreaming for a whole thirty minutes.

“Sure—… huh? Hey! Who said I would go home with you?! And who said I would come with you to that stupid book store?!” Kevin snarled, pissed off. AJ was always pushing things to him and he disliked it. But—…

“Oh, everyone knows you would,” AJ smirked.

…—Kevin couldn’t refuse it.


“Buying a book with you is more annoying than shopping clothes with girls,” Kevin muttered annoyingly on their way home.

“Well, that’s because you love shopping like those girls,” AJ replied casually.

“I am not!” came Kevin’s immediate reply. He was blushing and despite he hated to admit it, AJ was right.

It was seven already and they were on the way home. Kevin and AJ were neighbor so their home were in the same direction. At the time they walked on a crossroad that was relatively empty, Kevin spoke again.

“I heard there was an accident here a week ago.”

AJ turned his head toward his friend and then examined the empty asphalt road before said, “Yeah. A boy at our age was hit by a car and died right away.”

“Poor him,” Kevin’s eyebrow frowned in sympathy. Out of nowhere, AJ smirked. His joker side suddenly wanted to tease his childhood friend.

“You know what, Kevin,” AJ whispered seriously. “People said that the boy didn’t rest in peace yet. He still roams this street, waiting for something. And who knows that he is watching us right know…”

“KYAAAAA!!!” Kevin’s screamed like a girl and jumped on AJ who burst into laughter.

“Hahahaha!!! You should see your own face, Kevin!! Hahahahaha!!”

Realizing that AJ was playing him, Kevin blushed in embarrassment and punched AJ on the shoulder.

“You idiot!! Don’t make such an unfunny joke!! Stupid! Do you have any idea how scare I was?!!” Kevin shouted angrily. But it didn’t stop AJ to laugh.

“Boo, you scaredy-cat. But it’s true though,” AJ winked, earning another punch from Kevin.

“Stop it! Idiot!!” Kevin shouted again and walked faster ahead, leaving the still chuckling AJ.

Unbeknown to them, a figure watching them since the very beginning and decided to follow both boys home.


Kevin couldn’t sleep well. He felt cold despite the temperature wasn’t that low and he wasn’t sick at all. Besides, he felt… narrow. His breath hitched and he felt something pressed his body, as if someone was sitting on him. He tried to sit up, but his body refused the command. However, he managed to move his head. And when he looked up, he saw something that surprised him, very much.

A boy was really sitting on him. Both of his knees were on the each sides of Kevin. He bowed his head so Kevin only saw his dark-brown hair. The boy was thin, but wasn’t as thin as the skinny-Kevin. And Kevin wasn’t sure if he saw it right but… wasn’t the boy a bit… transparent?

Fear consumed him and cold sweat started to be produced by his skin. Kevin wanted to scream, waking someone to help him but he couldn’t. Fear kept his voice inside.

The ghost slowly lifted his head. And that was the time Kevin could see his face. The boy’s face was so pale and blood never stopped dripping from his head. The boy was actually so handsome if the sign of death wasn’t so clear on his face. The ghost stared at the frightened Kevin with his dull eyes before he opened his mouth and whispering those pleading and sorrowful words,

“…help me…”


The alarm rang loudly inside Kevin’s room the next morning. The bronze-blonde boy jumped in his bed in surprise. He was sweating and also panting. He looked around his room, finding nothing strange.

Still not believing his own eyes, he blinked them several times before examining the room again. The sun was so bright since it was nine already, luckily it was Sunday or else, Kevin would scream because he was late for school. Moreover, Kevin slowly shoved the bedcover, expecting the ghost boy beneath it—like those in horror movies. But he wasn’t. He sighed in relief and looked around closely again just to find nothing suspicious.

“It’s just a dream,” Kevin breathed out and took his leave toward the bathroom.

When Kevin was about to wash his face and looked at the mirror, he saw it again, the ghost boy. As pale as last night, as death as last night and the same blood dripping down from his face. The ghost stared at Kevin through the mirror with his dull eyes. At once, Kevin stiffed as fear hit him again. He abruptly turned around in case the ghost wasn’t actually there, in case that everything was just a dream, an illusion. But it turned out that it wasn’t.

The ghost stood there, still staring at Kevin. And Kevin noticed that he wasn’t only bleeding, but also bruising, all over his body. The blood dripped and its drop landed on the floor of Kevin’s bathroom but disappeared right away. Kevin’s kneescouldn’t support him again and he slipped on the floor. He was shaking violently and his hands covered his mouth. He wanted to scream right now, but even breathing was found to be so hard.

The ghost crouched, so he was in the eye level of Kevin. He put a finger upon his bleeding lips as if telling Kevin to be quiet, to not screaming.

“Don’t be afraid, I won’t harm you,” the ghost said. His voice sounded so sad and again, pleading.

“…please, I really do need your help.”

“W- Who are you?” Kevin managed to ask. The ghost smiled at him and answered,

“I’m Kiseop. Lee Kiseop.”


First chapter. I don't know if it's good enough. What do you think?? Just point at my mistakes and I'll try to fix it ^^)/