Awkwardness

Eternal Love

 

            Sooyoung was the first one who broke the hug. Changmin was still in blank expression, too much thought, too complicated that he  failed to notice the hint of little sadness on her face. “Are you perhaps...hungry?” her voice woke him up from his ‘little’ thought.

              “Maybe…”

 

 

          The whole breakfast was dead silence, no sounds but spoon and fork and none of them tried to break the silence. It’s not like they wanted this situation either, just a ‘little war’ deep inside their minds. Meanwhile, Changmin kept eyeing on her while  she was busy eating and when she seemed to notice his action, he would act like a pro, munching deliciously like there’re only him and food in the world. And that’s how their first breakfast moment.

           Honestly he was quite surprised at what he saw in the dinning table. Like almost all Changmin’s favorite foods were there, it was all looked so yummy that he could drool upon seeing it. How could she know all his favorite foods? Is it fate? But fate never seemed as simple as that. If it’s really fate, he would just propose her and officially married with her the next day.

          Time passed and still, none of them started conversation. Changmin was the first one who finished breakfast. He didn’t know how to act nor how to react infront of her. Then, he finally spoke out. He told Sooyoung that he’d go to the town, quite far from the village Changmin was living. He also said something about wanted to relieve his stress and not to wait for him because he might go home late.  He only looked at the table, not even dared to facing her, looked into her eyes. Her eyes ware his biggest weakness, he afraid if he looked at her beautiful eyes, he’d lost in it and he’d forget all his intention to forget his love for her.

 

‘Now that she’s human for real, and I can finally hug her, can hear she said my name for the first time, and also can feel her heartwarming smile but why can’t I just be with her happily ever after just like those stupid fairytales?’

 

 

           Sooyoung smiled at the guy who was infront of her, waved at her and murmured ‘I’ll see you later.’ A single tear came out as his back-facing figure iwas nowhere to be seen then she closed the door. She was extremely excited when she could feel her eyes blinked for the first time, see the world for the first time, and could feel everything for the first time. That night she thanked Aphrodite for changed her into human, and Shim Changmin, how she really wanted to thanked him, for everything. She wanted jump into Changmin’s bed, woke him up, and said at him that she’s now human thanks to him out loud but she knew it would be  just so rude. So she decided not to sleep, enjoying her very first day became human, and made him special breakfast ofcourse. She had no idea how she wasn’t awkward at all in using the kitchen utensils, and she also felt grateful for this. Sooyoung was curious what is his reaction when he first seen her? Just thought of that made her giggle. But expectation is surely different than reality. Even she once heard  Changmin said to her, before she’s human, that expectation sometime leads to disappointment. Just like what she feels now.

 

 

         “Sooyoung?” Changmin called her name slowly once he stepped into the house. No answer. Maybe she was already sleeping, since he already told her not to wait for him . He sighed for the nth times.  Why fate made everything in his life seemed miserable? He walked in and realized all the lights were off except the kitchen. And there she was, sleeping peacefully on the chair, hands and head rested on the table. Her puffy cheek against the cold table, and her hair covered his beautiful face. Yes, she’s beautiful whatever she was doing. And whatever she’s doing she never failed made his heart beat faster that it should be. He slightly hope his fast heart beated didn’t woke her up.

         He leaned closer to her, removed her hair which covered her beautiful face, seeing her perfection this close for the first time. Her long dark brown hair, her puffy cheeks, her lips, screw this girl how could she looks so gorgeous? Unconsciously his head made its moves to kiss her forehead. It didn’t last long though, only few seconds, but somehow could express what he was feeling, what she was feeling. Changmin could only smile bitterly after that.

            “I sorry Sooyoungie..”

            “You’ve suffered a lot even when it’s your first day, and it’s all because of me”

            He left out a heavy sigh.  So she prepared all the food for dinner, insisted to wait him till this late night while he already told her not to, and fell asleep in this cold and hard table. Those fact made Changmin suddenly felt a pang of guilt inside of his heart. She must be  feeling so  disappointed because of him.

            Changmin moved to the other side of the table, sat at one of the empty chair. The foods were already cold but he insisted to eat them all. The foods might be cold but somehow he could feel Sooyoung’s love inside of it, or maybe it’s just what he felt…

            The girl across the table opened her eyes and lifted up her head slowly and found Changmin munching the foods happily. A small smile crept up from her lips.

           “Sooyoungie? Am I disturbing you? Sorry for ruining your peaceful sleep” he apologized to her, but there’s just one thing in her mind, she loves it when he called her name like that. She could feel her face heated up.

           “No, not at all” she said, fought hard not blushed in front of him. She didn’t know why she’s acting like that.

         Changmin said no word and continued eating his food, made her sighed unconsciously. The she realized something, with the speed of light she took a bowl of soup Changmin was eating. The tall guy gave her horror look and she could only replied with sheepish smile.

           “Yaaah! Whyyyy?” he protested

           “You can’t eat this soup. This one’s already cold. Let me cook you the new one”

       Just when she about to walked away, Changmin held her wrist. “You don’t need to do that, it’s still delicious though” his voice was softer compared to before, plus added with sincere smile, Sooyoung wasn’t sure if she could hide the blushed on her face any longer.

 

 

           Changmin just finished doing dishes and found Choi Sooyoung sleep again with the same position like before. He pinched her cheek slowly to wake her up, “Hey sleepyhead, wake up” he whispered, she opened her eyes once again and yawned, “Ugh?”

           “You can sleep with me in my room. Don’t worry I won’t do anything”  he said while stratching the back of his head eventhough it’s not itchy at all

 

 

           The lights were already off, and it’s raining outside. The weather was cold but strangely Changmin felt otherwise. Changmin turned and rolled his body from left to right, from right to left, closed his eyes then opened it then closed it again. He couldn’t sleep.  He woke up from his position and peeked at the sleeping Sooyoung. Once again her peaceful face while sleep made him smiled, but behind her peaceful face he somehow noticed a little gloomy and sorrow.  He then layed back on his bed again.

          “Sooyoungie, I’m sorry I’m being jerk here. I’m the one who wanted you all along and acted like absurb stranger. I just hope you’ll never, ever, fall in love with me, and I’ll try to forget my love for you as well” with that Changmin tried to close his eyes again, failed to notice inaudible sobs beside him.

            “It’s the only way we could be together” and it broke his heart into pieces when he tried hard to say those words.

        It’s been few minutes Changmin tried to sleep but failed. He ruffled in hair in frustration. Why should Aphrodite banned him inlove with Sooyoung anyway? She’s Goddess of Love right?  She should be spreding a lot of love in this world, not banned them. It’s not like Changmin would hurt her like the other girl anyway. ‘Silly, you already did morons! Didn’t you see her disappointed face and those awkward smile?’ a part of him said that, made him even more frustrated.

            With full of carefulness he moved out from the bed and walked outside the house. It’s almost 2 a.m. but Changmin didn’t even care. He sat at one of the chairs in his terrace. The rain was still pouring hard, Changmin closed his eyes, feeling the cold breeze against his skin.

          “Why it’s so hard?” he whispered to himself, teardrop started to fall from his big eyes as the memories from the past day started to make a short movie in his head. He remembered it, in past days, he watched the rainfall from here, waited the rainbow to come, having a nice chat eventhough he’s the only one who’s speaking, just like what in those romantic movies. But everything was now in the opposite. The sky was dark, no rainbow nor love nor warm feeling, just cold, and loneliness.

         “What should I do?” he ruffled his hair in frustration. He must be crazy, he thought. Talked to himself and even cried like a crybaby just like those stupid angst story.

          “Changmin you’re such a fool” he cursed himself

        He wanted to just ignore her, forget all the love and those hopes and memories. He can’t love her that’s  the best way he could be with her. He couldn’t love her, never. He didn’t love her, ever. He tried to convince himself about that. But the harder he tried to avoid, the more he tried to ignore, the  love grew even stronger, he noticed that but he put it aside. The promise with Aphrodite keep echoing inside his head.

        “Do I have another choice? Or… Can I beg for second chance?” he asked slowly to the dark night, to Aphrodite, no one answered.

        “Who am I kidding to? What’s so hard about not loving that girl? You’ve already dumped all the girls in this town, geez!”

       Without him realized, a slim figure leaned against the door, slowly fall down on her knees, tears started to fall out from her beautiful eyes, sobbed behind the door. Tears keep falling as harsh as the hard rain that night.

 

 

           The next day Changmin woke up and he suddenly got the mini heart attack when he saw Sooyoung was nowhere to be seen. He looked at the clock and it’s already 10 a.m. , ‘Maybe she’s already wake up Changmin and why are you acting like this when you shouldn’t?’ Changmin then opened the closed window, strangely it’s a beautiful sunny day, despite the hard rain the day before, just like the opposite of what Changmin felt.

           Changmin somehow felt a little doubt. He kinda wasn’t ready to see Sooyoung, only he knew why. The mixed feeling he always get and torn between choices when he saw her.

           “Hey!” familiar voice greeted him, made his heart jump a little.

           “I just made sandwiches for us, would you try some?”

           “Never mind, I not really hungry” his cold voice was enough to turn Sooyoung’s smile face into the frown one. He tried to put straight face, not to look at her eyes.

           Almost before Changmin reached the door she called his name.

           “Yes?”

           “Well, since it’s my second day…and…I still know nothing…of course if you’re not busy. Would you mind to…well it’s no offence…accompany me looked around this place?”  Sooyoung closed right away after saying those words. Her face turned into a crimson red. Changmin’s lips unconsciously formed a sincere smile.

           “Is that a yes?” she asked shyly

           “Well, you decide it!”

           “Yaaaay! Just wait there I’ll change my clothes for a while”

           She’s about to walk away when Changmin suddenly said

           “No, you don’t need that. You look…great”

 


 

Chapter 4 already updated ^ ^ since today is the last day of submitting, I'll do double post xD thanks for all your support, and I hope you like this chapter. Feel free to comment guys : D