Be Brave and Tell Her

Be Brave and Tell Her

Boa's POV

"Yundol-ah! Let's go to that new coffee shop together!" I say

"Oh, Bboa-ya. I'm sorry, I still have schedules. Maybe next time?" He smiles apologetically.

"Okay. Tell me if you have free time. It's been a while since we hang out together." I smile back.

"Well, I reckon it has been a long time. Sure, I'll tell you."

With that, he left. I sigh. I just asked him out and he has schedules. Why is it always like this? Does that guy even know I have feelings for him? I can't even be more obvious! He's so oblivious, for God's sake.

"Unni! How is it with you and Yunho oppa? Are you guys going out yet?"

"Not yet, Ara. I don't think he likes me too."

Go Ara cheers me up, "Aw, don't be like that, unni! I know he likes you back. And for a long time already. He always asks about you during the filming for our drama back then."

"He did?" I ask, surprised.

"Of course, he did! I told you he likes you. Don't you notice the way he looks at you? Don't you notice how jealous he looks when you dance with other male dancers? Don't you know he has posters of you on his wall back home? Oh, yes he has, unni. And don't you know that he loves to watch over your music videos on youtube?" Ara laughs, "He's definitely in love with you."

Well, that lifts my spirits up a bit. "But he still didn't ask me out."

"Don't worry, unni. He will." I sigh. Will he really?

 

Yunho's POV

"Changmin-ah, eotteokhae?" I say with desperation.

"Hyung, what is it?"

We just came home from our schedules and are currently watching TV at our dorm.

"It's just, every time Boa asks me to spend time together with her, we always has schedules! I want to just say yes, but manager hyung will get mad, won't he?"

Changmin just nods. He knows I like Boa. In fact, only he knows. And probably Ara since I'm being too obvious of my feelings for Boa around her when we were shooting for our drama.

"Ah, eotteokhae? Changmin-ah, go in my place for the scheduled activity the next time Boa asks me out, eo? Please?"

"Ya!" Changmin shouts, being the evil maknae as always, "Hyung! Never would I go in your place! It's better playing games at home. Or eating. Now, if you want to go out with her that badly, why don't you ask her? Why do wait for her to ask you first?"

Well, Changmin has a point.

"But, Changmin-ah, I don't think I can ask her first. I don't have enough courage."

And Changmin immediately laughs out loud, "I hahahaha don't know hahaha that our hyung hahahaha is a coward with girls hahahahaha" he says in between laughter.

"Ya, shut up!"

 

Boa's POV

"Boa-ya!" Someone calls me.

"Ne, oppa?"

"Boa-ya, Lee Soo Man-ssi asks you to pick out male dancers from the company to be your partner for the Only One comeback stages. He wants you to dance with one of our artists instead of the back dancers. So, who are you gonna ask?" My manager asks me.

I think for a moment, "Let's see, I think it's better for me to dance with Luhan and Sehun to promote EXO more, since they're pretty new. And I think I'll ask Yunho, Eunhyuk, and Taemin too."

"Okay. I'll arrange the schedule." He says while writing down the names that I just listed, "Who do you want to be your partner for your first comeback?"

I don't even think first, "Yunho."

Manager oppa smiles, "Arraseo. Now you better ask them."

I go to EXO-K's practice room first and knock. Chanyeol opens the door, "Oh, Boa nuna! You sure you don't come to the wrong place?"

I laugh, "I'm pretty sure, Chanyeol-ah. I come to see Sehun."

"Oh okay, wait a moment."

Chanyeol calls Sehun's name and he immediately appears, "Boa nuna! What brings you here?"

"Sehun-ah, Soo Man sonsaengnim asks me to choose male dancers from the company to dance the couple dance with me for my Only One comeback stages, do you want to be one of them?"

Sehun and Chanyeol stare at me with their eyes wide and mouths open.

"Hello? Sehun? Chanyeol?" I wave my hand in front of their faces.

"Chanyeol slap me. I'm not dreaming, aren't I?"

Chanyeol hits Sehun's face playfully, "Apparently, I'm not. Nuna, are you serious?"

I laugh at their actions. They're such cute hoobae, "Of course, I am. Oh, and ask Luhan too, will you?"

"Okay, nuna!"

He then go back inside with Chanyeol while jumping and dancing around, "Waa, I'm gonna dance with Boa nuna! This is so exciting!"

I laugh once again and walks off to find the other boys.

I walk to the cafeteria, "Donghae, do you know where Eunhyuk is?"

Donghae looks up from the food he's eating, "I don't know where he is. It's our free time, Eunhyuk could be anywhere." He says with a shrug.

"Did anyone say my name?" Eunhyuk says.

"Oh, Eunhyuk. I was looking for you."

"Me? What's the matter?" He asks, looking confused.

"I just want to ask you if you want to be my partner in the Only One couple dance for my comeback." I explain.

He smiles widely, "Of course I want to! Who doesn't want to dance with the legendary BoA!"

I smack his arm playfully and the three of us laugh.

"But why didn't you ask me? I'm a great dancer too." Donghae pouts.

"Oh, um, well.." I don't exactly know what to say.

Donghae laughs, "I was just kidding! Don't take that too seriously!"

He continues to laugh and Eunhyuk joins in as they high-five each other. Boys. I couldn't help but smile.

"Oh yeah, do you guys by any chance know where Taemin is?"

"I think he's with Park sonsaengnim." Eunhyuk says.

"Okay, see you guys around." I say while waving.

I decided to just text Taemin, not wanting to disturb his vocal training with Park sonsaengnim.

'Taemin-ah! Do you want to be my partner for the couple dance on the upcoming comeback? ^^' I text Taemin.

A few minutes later, he answers, 'It'll be such an honor, nuna! :D'

I smile and walk around the company, knowing that the last guy I haven't ask will be walking around the hallway at these hours. For no reason. He just loves to walk around, he says.

 

Yunho's POV

"Jung Yunho!" Someone calls out to me I turn around and see Boa coming towards me.

My heart starts to beat faster.

"Bboa-ya, what is it?"

"Umm, I just wanna ask you if you want to be my partner for the couple dance on the comeback." Boa says while blushing.

Ooh, Boa is blushing, let's a bit, shall we?

"Oh, Bboa-ya." I say while cupping her cheeks in my hand, "Why are your cheeks so red?"

She widens her eyes and starts to mutter things I couldn't understand. I laugh at her reaction and she smiles.

"So, what's your answer?" Boa asks.

"Do you even need to ask me, Bboa?" I say, my face turn serious, "You know that the answer will be no."

Her smile faded.

I grin, "Just kidding, Bboa-ya! You take everything too seriously, you know that?"

She sighs in relief, "Good. So that means you agree?"

I decide to a bit more, "I didn't say that."

"Jung Yunho!" She glares at me.

I laugh, "Okay, okay! Of course, Bboa. How can I refuse?"

 

BoA's POV

Okay. This is it. My comeback.

"Boa! 5 minutes!"

"Ne!" I answer.

"Bboa-ya, are you nervous?" Someone grabs my shoulder from behind.

"A bit." I answer Yunho.

He smiles, "You'll do great, Bboa."

Then he leans down, kisses my cheek and walks away. I just stand there, dumbfounded, touching the place where he just kissed me.

"Boa!" Someone calls.

"Boa!" That person calls again.

"BOA!!" That person finally screams.

"Ne!" I answer, looking for the person.

"Ya! Are you gonna stand there all day?! It's time to go out there! Come on." My manager leads me to the stage.

"Good luck Boa-ya. Amaze them all and show them who's queen!" He winks and left the stage.

I smile and then, the music starts. I dance and sing with all my heart.

Oh dear, it's time for the couple dance.

Yunho walks in, looking as handsome as ever. We start the routine. His face is so close. Too close. I could kiss him if I want. Well, actually I want to but it's not the right time. The routine comes to an end and he left the stage. I release the breath I don't realize I'm holding.

After the stage's finished, I go and see Yunho, "Thanks for the help, Yundol."

"My pleasure." He smiles, "You did really great, Boa."

I smile back, "We both did."

"Hey, do you want to go for a walk with me?"

 

Yunho's POV

This is it. I have to tell her. I must. Be brave, Yunho. Be brave.

We are walking on the park on the outskirts of town. A secluded part of the town where not much people can see us.

I walk with her, purposely brushing my hand with hers. Boa rolls her eyes and grab my hand. I smile and she smiles too, my heart is ready to jump out of my chest.

Okay, I need to tell her.

Now.

"Bboa-ya." She looks at me. Yaahh~ That face is so beautiful.

"Bboa-ya, I like you."

Her smile fades, she looks surprised.

"Look, I'm sorry I told you this but I'm glad I can finally say it to you. If you don't like me, it's okay, just pretend this never happens. I don't want to ruin our friendship so--"

I'm cut off by her lips crashing into mine. I don't hesitate and kiss her back, my arms wrapping around her waist. Her arms slowly make their way around my neck. When we finally pull back, I see her grinning like crazy. I grin too and we stay like that in each other's arm.

Boa looks up and meets my eyes, still smiling, she says, "I thought you'll never say that."