Talent Month

The Art of Life

I.

Several days later, life has returned to normal

I don't have anything to practice for so let this piece of work by my entry.

All the students gather at the Court to witness a day of epic and talented proportions. The day when the most talented students in the land clash for prestige, honor, and glory.

Some do it for fun. I'm one of those people.

I go over to the upper part of the Court to be able to get a clear view of the performers. I clutch my bag and suddenly feel the CD. I jump out of my seat to give it to a judge before I forget. I walk over to their table and hand them the CD.

"Excuse me, but what is this?" asks one judge.

"That is the entry of my sister Seohyun. You see, she died a few weeks ago and she wanted me to give this to you. Actually, she knew she was gonna die prior to her confinement so she recorded it. And now it's here." The judges' jaws are hanging open.

"Seo Joo Hyun? The new student?"

"Yes."

"She's your sister?"

"Most definitely."

The judge stands up and goes to the MC of the day. The word of Seohyun's death has not yet spread so I think it's about time the school finds out.

"Min Hyun, a student has passed away. Kindly offer a small prayer for her before the competition starts." the judge whispers.

"Sure thing!" replies the MC. I go back to my seat and tightly clutch my handbag which contains my notebook. I look at the performers getting ready. I spy Yuri and her crew brainstorming and praying together.

"Alright guys." Yuri, the team captain, says. "This is the big day. Remember, we worked hard for this. We did everything we could and if the outcome is not as pleasing as we expect it to be, let's accept it with open arms. I don't want no bitter loser after this. Whatever happens, we'll always be a team!" The other crew members nod. Yuri places her hand forward.

"Are we a team?" the other members place their hands on top of one another's and raise them with a victory/good luck cheer.

"YEAH!" Just so happens the Gahee and her girls overheard their little chatter.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Ms. Kwon or should I say, Mistress Choi. Such a shame what happened to you! You got caught in a web of lies." Gahee teases and takes a strand of Yuri's hair and twirls it around her finger. Yuri pushes her hand away and tries to level up to the much taller Park Gahee.

"Shut up, this isn't about him. You shouldn't even be talking about that! Thing is, you're going down, Gahee. We're gonna bring you down!" Yuri says cockily.

"As if! You losers just wait and see what we got!" Gahee boasts.

Yuri and Gahee glare into each other's eyes and turn their backs.

"Ignore her." Min says. "She's not important."

"Right. What's important is we have fun today. Everybody game with that?" the others cheer and give one another high fives of good luck.

The MC steps up to the podium and begins the program. He shuffles and arranges his cue cards before clearing his throat and reaching for the microphone to speak.

"Good Morning everyone! Today is the day you've all been waiting for. Right now is the start of Talent Month." Cheers envelope the place. "But before everything else, I would like each and every one of us to stand up and offer a silent prayer for the soul of Seo Joo Hyun who passed away a few days ago. Let us also pray for the soul of another student who died on the same day. Kim Hyun Joong."

Gasps and short cries fill the Court. I look over to Seung hyun's place and see him place a hand on his face. Nobody knew about it. Nobody cared. It makes me feel sad. All of us bow our heads and offer silent prayers for Seohyun and Hyun Joong. After a few seconds of solemn prayer, the MC begins once more.

"God Bless the soul of this talented woman." continues the MC. "And now, for the moment you've all been waiting for. Let the show, begin!" Cheers and roars envelope the place once more.

FIRST: ART CONTEST

Ji Yeon and the other art contestants line up with their works. Silence fills the place as the judges check their works. Some works appeal to their eyes. Some make them cringe deep down inside. When they reach Ji Yeon's work, they're surprised to see two paintings.

"Why do you have two paintings, my dear?" asks a judge.

"Because the other one is my boyfriend's. Hyun Joong's. He painted this several days before his demise and he told me to present it in case he doesn't make it. It's his entry. This one on the left is mine." The judge fixes her spectacles and moves on.

SECOND: WRITING CONTEST

All the Writing Department students submit their essays, me included. The judges read all the entries and decide on a winner.

Now, it's time for the motion-related talents. For those that need movement.

FIRST: ACTING CONTEST

The actors are in groups and are to present their respective rehearsed plays. Minho is part of Group B, the second out of 4 groups. Minho and his group are to present a dramatic-tragedy act that they hope will bring the audience to tears. I mean, the best actor in school is there. Minho has guaranteed victories for his group for years and what makes this even any different from any other year?

The fact that Minho's pride and reputation have been stained.

Minho looks over to the are where Yuri is. Yuri is moving around a lot so she doesn't really notice him but their eyes meet at one point. Yuri tries to shy away from his stare and focus on her main goal but Minho gazes longer, so long that she starts to feel his gaze from afar. Remembering what he did to her a few days ago, she looks at him and gives him a really mean stare. One that says, ' you, . This is my day and you're not gonna ruin it.' Minho smirks at her and waits with his group for their turn to perform.

A few minutes after the first group has finished their act, Minho and his group step forward and warm themselves up, preparing for their turn. Minho glares at Yuri again and Yuri stares at him. Minho gives her a dirty smirk but Yuri retaliates with something even worse.

She raises her middle finger and mouths the words " you! I hope you lose!" Minho understands this and points his finger at Yuri, mouthing "You watch your mouth, !" Finally, the next group is called and they go on stage altogether to present their act. They act out a dramatic scene which involves love, betrayal, and death. Minho dies in the play.

After the play, the group receives a sea of roars, cheers, and yelps and howls from the audience. Especially Minho. Kind of funny because despite of what happened, he still receives praises from the others, especially the girls. This just shows how shallow the girls are in our school. They love him because he looks oh-so-dashing there.

Yuri scoffs at the pandemonium and continues to exercise in order to prepare for her dance number with her group. She scans the place and eyes all her detractors. Park Gahee. Choi Soo Young. Kong Minji. Kim Hyun Ah. Choi Minho. It drives her crazy. She just needs something or someone to make her stop thinking about the haters. Scoffing and shaking her head, Yuri ties her hair up in a bun and puts her jacket on.

"Where are you going?" Nicole notices Yuri walking away from them. Yuri looks back and walks on, refusing to answer Nicole. Nicole runs after her and taps her on the shoulder. Yuri coldly receives her friend by ignoring her.

"Look, if this is about Minho, I'm sorry. I know everything that happened between-" Yuri took Nicole's hand from behind. She turns around and embraces her friend. Nicole embraces Yuri back.

"You don't have to be sorry." Yuri says. "It was my fault for not listening to you. I could've saved myself from humiliation and heartbreak, but I chose not to."

"You didn't humiliate yourself, Yuri." Nicole says. "You did the right thing. You didn't take things lying down. I heard your story and I heard how you fought back. That was just right. I'm proud of you." Yuri smiles slightly and pulls Nicole in for a hug.

"Enough of this drama." Yuri says energetically. "We've got a competition to win!" Nicole and Yuri gleefully skip back to the court.

SECOND: SINGING CONTEST

Raina is nervously wringing her fingers for it is time that the singing competition takes place. She prances about with her lyric sheet in her hands. She shoots looks at Minho and at Yuri while trying hard to get the tune of her song right.

"So I hate you~" she sings. Ga In overhears her and stares at her. Raina feels Ga In's cold gaze and looks her way. Ga In smiles at her and looks straight back. Raina is taken aback by the smile and smiles to herself while trying to cram the lyrics into her brain.

[Ga In's song: "I'm Alone" by Tiffany]

The melody takes me by surprise. I turn to Ga In's direction and watch her with eyes wide open. Then, I start to remember days from 3 years ago when Ga In an d I were friends and I was very much into song writing. I wrote her a song and since I knew of her talent, I made her sing it…

That's my song she's singing. After 3 years of being apart despite studying in the same school, she still has the copy of the song. It's still with her. She still knows it. And now, she's on the stage about to perform it. Ga In sings the song with all the emotion in the world, just like the time I wrote it. The raw emotion that she shows while singing garners a lot of attention from the audience and wins her an ocean of claps.

Ga In bows after her number and eyes the crowd for Minho. Minho notices Ga In and looks away from her, afraid of being glared at. Ga In smiles and shakes her head before going down the stage.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. My eyes widen and as I carefully turn around, arms envelope me into an embrace. I awkwardly respond to the kind gesture by hugging back and as the hugger pulls away, to my surprise, it's Ga In!

"Thank you so much for writing that song!" she says.

"You're welcome."

"I'm sorry if I changed. You know, sorry if we drifted apart because of me. If ever you want to talk to me and be friends again, you can always come to me." I nearly tear up at Ga In's words. Despite of all the chaos that's going on in my life right now, there's always one person there to calm me down. And it just so happens to be my old friend, Ga In.

"You don't have to be sorry. You never did anything wrong." I hug her and feel her hug back.

Next up, Nana.

[Nana's song: "Lies" by T-ara]

Nana prettily walks up the stage, prettily grabs the mic and introduces herself. After a short moment of silence, the music starts and Nana's pretty belting voice echoes throughout the court. Everyone's eyes widen in amusement and shock. Who knew a girl with such a sweet face had a voice that powerful?

While Nana is singing, Raina feels her heart shaking and trying to burst out of her chest. She inhales and exhales rapidly. She tries everything to calm herself down but the atmosphere just won't let her. There, in her beautiful black, long sleeved, above the knee dress, stands Raina about to sing a piece that has practiced for. While prancing about in her place, a few minutes before she goes up on stage, she feels a hand on her shoulder. She frantically whips around and sees her former rival, Kwon Yuri, supporting her in this very moment.

"Don't sweat it, Raina. You'll do good." Yuri assures her friend. Raina grabs Yuri's hand and clasps it in hers.

"I'm doing this not just for me. But for us. For you, Ga In, and Nana. All of us girls who were played and fooled by Minho." Raina says.

"Well actually, I noticed something." Yuri says.

"What?"

"That Ga In and Nana sang really vengeful, sad, angry songs."

"That's because I talked to them." Raina says. "I told them that our theme should be against unfaithfulness. Those songs were aimed at Minho and I'm sure he knew that, too."

"Is your song aimed at Minho?" asks Yuri.

"Damn right! I'm the leader, remember?"

"Well, good luck. Win or lose, it doesn't matter. For as long as you prove your point. I love you, Raina. Go get it!" Yuri and Raina embrace before Raina goes to the stage and sings her part.

Next up, Raina Oh Hye Rin.

[Raina's song: "Two Different Tears" by the Wonder Girls]

Raina stands on stage and waits for the piano to start playing. Once it starts, she sings the first line with all her power. She looks straight, at no one in particular, then closes her eyes to immerse herself in the emotion of the song. Upon reaching the high note, everyone cheers for her, even the teachers who disqualified her. Yuri cheers the loudest.

Geuraesseo niga jun apeum…senggakhae

Neo ttaemunae heullin nunmul…senggakhae

Upon singing those lines, Raina scans the place for Minho, who seems to be hiding from his ex-girlfriend. Raina spots him and gives him the evil eye, even changing the tone of her voice and the notes of the song just to make him feel guilty.

Halfway through the song, Raina is waiting for her record to play the rap part but to her surprise, it doesn't. This worries Raina as it's supposed to go that way. But a bigger surprise awaits her.

Key comes out and raps for her which makes the students cheer louder. He, who was fooled by his best friend Minho, eyes Minho, too and even points at him while rapping. Once the rap part is done, Key bows down to Raina and gives her the stage. Everyone goes wild at Raina's singing. As her performance comes to an end, Raina excites the crowd by striking a pose. Yuri gets so excited that she goes up on stage and hugs Raina.

"GODDAMMIT! YOU WERE SO GOOD!" Yuri yells at Raina amidst all the cheers. Raina is able to hear it and grabs Yuri's hand.

"Thanks. Good luck with your dance, too. I heard you guys are first." Raina says.

After Raina's performance, the judge that I talked to earlier goes to the MC and hands him the CD.

"Seo Joo Hyun's entry. Even from beyond the grave. This girl is unstoppable." the MC gets the CD and tells the DJ to play it.

"Everyone, the next performer is not with us but I know that she is looking down upon us from heaven. So she worked on this CD prior to her death." The MC signals the DJ to play the CD. Everyone turns sentimental at the sound of the piano

[Seohyun and Seung hyun's song: "TTL" by T-ara and Supernova]

Upon hearing this, I sit down on my chair and cry my heart out. Nobody is looking at me because all are too busy talking about her death. Raina and Yuri-who are still holding hands-look up and back at each other. They don't know what happened but they sort of have an idea.

"God that's sad." Yuri tells Raina.

"I know. She was our classmate. She had so much potential." Raina replies. "Honestly, I don't mind if I lose this competition to her."

While in my sentiment, I feel a warm hand on my shoulder. I ignore it because as of the moment, no hand or arm or what can comfort me. Nothing can bring Seohyun back.

"I know how you feel. I cried all night when I heard about this, too." says the deep voice. All cried out, wet and haggard, I raise my head and look to my left. A huge surprise greets me. Seung hyun has his arm around me, comforting me. My eyes grow larger in shock and in pleasure but I don't want to emphasize the pleasure. It's because of this guy that I grew cold towards Seohyun. I look down and continue to cry.

"I'm a bad sister." I blurt out.

"Why?"

"I ignored her and grew cold towards her. I felt jealous of her."

"Why?"

"Because she was really popular. All the boys liked her and even the girls wanted to be her friend. Besides, she had you. You and her were friends. Who could ask for more? And another, you like her. You had something for her."

"What the heck are you talking about?"

"Huh?"

"First of all, Seohyun wasn't that popular. She was friendly, but not popular. She liked going near strangers and striking conversations with them but popular? No way! After talking to her, most don't even remember her name. That's why when she died, only very few people knew about it. Second, nobody ever tried to court her. Seohyun was way too al or girly or pure for their tastes. It didn't meet their standards, her personality that is."

Seung hyun really opened my eyes to the reality that was. I didn't honestly know that Seohyun wasn't popular. I think I was just belittling myself.

"And what did you say about us having something? We never had anything. Nobody wanted to do the rapping for her so I volunteered to do it. For friendship's sake."

"Oh."

"Yeah. But do you know what we often talked about?"

"What?"

"We often talked about you."

"Me? Why me?"

"Yeah! You. Do you know why?"

"Uhm. No. Duh! That's why I'm asking you!" Seung hyun tells me to come closer. I lean closer to him and I feel butterflies in my stomach as he sweeps a few strands of my hair to the side.

"Because I like you."

Shock. Surprise. Pleasant. Pleasure. Excitement. Guilt.

Choi Seung Hyun likes me. Oh. Hot. Damn. Oh. My. God.

It makes me feel even more guilty. Seung hyun liked me all along. And all this time I thought it was my sister he liked.

"Your mystery enchants me. That's why we often talked about you. When she said that you were her sister, I got excited. I love everything about you, Tiffany Hwang. From your eyes to the things you write, you're beautiful. You may not be that popular but definitely, you're the one for me!" I am star struck at his words. I feel my heart sinking and fluttering at the same time.

"You're beautiful, Tiffany. Don't let anyone tell you that you're not!" Seung hyun gets up and takes my hand. My eyes widen in surprise. He kisses it and winks at me before walking away. I clasp my hands and place them on my chest, feeling my heart beating swiftly. I cry silently. Tears of sadness and joy.

THIRD: DANCING CONTEST

Now's the time. Here it is. The moment Kwon Yuri and her crew have been waiting for. The dance contest is about to start and they are all mighty anxious to perform. They all fix their costumes, say their prayers and recall some moves.

"Guys! Gather round!" everyone gathers around Yuri and place their arms around one another, bowing down and whispering amongst one another.

"Alright, here's the key. Attitude, emotion, determination. You guys have to have those three. If we have those three, we can win this and we can win the crowd. If they're not enough to guarantee us the victory, don't feel bad. What's important is, we'll have fun and we'll win the crowd's hearts. Confidence! We have to have confidence. Don't care about the haters or the onlookers who aren't paying attention to what we are doing. Just remember, we're doing this for us not for them. This is for the sake of expressing our love for dancing. The steps! We practiced real hard for weeks so you guys should have mastered them already! Avoid looking down! Heads up at all times. Swagger people! Swagger! And another, don't forget to pray. Before the music starts, say a short prayer in your minds and hearts. This is for us! Don't let anyone bring you guys down! We can do this! I want you to say it with me! We can do this!"

"We can do this!" replies the crew.

"Louder!" Yuri coaches.

"We can do this!"

"Energy! Power! The loudest you got!" Yuri coaches.

"WE CAN DO THIS!"

"THEN LET'S DO THIS!"

"YEAH!" The crew cheers and raise their arms in determination. Gahee and her crew on the other hand smirk confidently.

"We don't need no pep talk! We can blow them away!" Hyun Ah says.

Before the dancing starts, all the crews assemble at their respective places. Yuri and her crew are in jackets and shorts/skirts for the girls and baggy pants for the guys. Gahee and her girls are going y while the guys are shirtless, showing off the proof of their hard work.

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! IT'S TIME FOR THE MAIN EVENT!" The MC roars. The crowd that was emotional earlier is lively and happy again. "IT'S TIME FOR THE DANCING COMPETITION!" The cheers are louder this time.

"The first performers are the Foxes led by Park Gahee. Let's give them a round of applause!"

GAHEE'S GROUP:

[First song: "Real Lips" By Sori]

For the first part, the girls flirtily step forward and gyrate to the seductive music. They do everything ual. From rolling on the floor to steps that make them look as if they're ing. The chorus is anything but decent. They have steps that touch their s and some -like steps with the guys (they use whip like things and tie they guys, ride on their backs). The guys are of huge help in this dance as they add to the 'libido' factor. A lot of guys are aroused by the performance but most are really grossed out.

[Second song: "Bonamana" by Super Junior]

It's the guys' turn to show off. Of course, they picked something that's just as y as the girls'. Since they are shirtless (most of them for that matter), you can just imagine the screams that I am hearing here. The girls are like going crazy and you can see the respective girlfriends of the guys going forward to take pictures of their boyfriends. I don't find it y, actually. Neither did I find the girls' performance astounding. Not because I don't like Gahee (well, partly) but because I know that Yuri and her crew have more potential and they don't even have to be all dirty like these guys. But since it's art for art's sake, then by all means just go!

[Third song: "Toc Toc Toc" by Lee Hyori]

This is the group dance. The girls and boys dance altogether, now reaching an all new level of iness. The formations are good, well practiced actually. It's not that bad, you can actually see that they worked hard to put this thing together and quite honestly, it's good! But they just need to lessen the iness because this is a talent show in a school not at a bar so they have to limit the explicit things that they're showing. They have steps that look like they're having or steps that are just downright eye-opening (ehem…? Whips?). And their costumes…don't even get me started on that.

Their performance ends with a very y group pose, eliciting deafening screams from the crowd and cringed faces from the judges. They 'ily' exit the stage and brush through Yuri and her crew. Gahee stares Yuri down and sarcastically says,

"Good luck, new girl! You're gonna need it! With all those screams, there's no way you're winning!" Yuri raises an eyebrow and smiles. She turns to her crew and motivates them even more.

"Guys, it's our turn. Let's make this happen!" Yuri says.

A few minutes for resting and preparation…

"Tiffany!" calls Raina. She is walking towards me with Key. "Let's go and cheer for Yuri!"

"Oh! Raina! Key!" I say. "I enjoyed your performance!"

"Thanks. Now let's go and cheer for Yuri. Let's give her some pep talk!" Key says. I stand up and go with them.

"YURI!" Raina jumps on Yuri with her hands on Yuri's shoulders. Yuri spins around surprised and hugs Raina tightly, mainly because of nervousness. She sees Key and shakes his hand. She sees me and smiles. I smile back and extend my hand for a handshake. Yuri grabs it and pulls me closer for a hug. I hug her back.

"Yuri, good luck with your dance! We know you'll do good!" I say.

"Thanks. Thank you so much for supporting us. And Tiffany, thanks so much for coming with them. I know we aren't that close and we only talked once but still, thanks!" Yuri and I hug once more. Yuri hugs Raina and Key and bows.

"It's our time now, gotta go!" Yuri runs from us and we wave goodbye.

"KWON YURI, HWAITING!" the three of us yell together. Yuri looks back and salutes us.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Our next performers, Beat Street crew, led by Kwon Yuri!" this elicited MORE screams. Minho turns away and hides once more. He's been nervous all day.

[FIRST PART: "Bad Girl Good Girl" by Miss A]

This is the girls' part. Yuri is in the very front of course. In identical jackets and shorts and boots, the girls dance altogether. The choreography is very complex and well-thought of. You can see the hard work they put into forming the dance. The steps

aren't very easy to follow and just a little secret, Yuri and her three friends planned all of this. There's a step where they lie on the stomachs on the floor and move their legs about. The girls heeded Yuri's advice to always look up, stay confident, and give it their all. The formations in the later part of the song are also very remarkable, as well as some stunts and adlibs. For the last chorus, Yuri and Nicole share the stage while the others are posing in the background. And finally, the ending. Yuri actually has a lapel with her and she sings the 'you don't know me' part while pointing at Minho.

"SO SHUT UP BOY!" the girls yell altogether, like a pep squad.

"SO SHUT UP BOY!"

The dance ends beautifully! They pose and exit as the boys enter.

[SECOND PART: "Lollipop 2" by Big Bang]

Now for the boys! The boys in this group are more wholesome as they are fully clothed. Remember when Yuri was dancing this in the dance studio? She was actually choreographing for the boys and judging by what she did, the outcome is pretty good. The boys are in sync and have a lot of swagger. Their all-black hip hop attire is very striking despite having only one color. The steps surely make up for whatever they are lacking in costume. At least it's decent. The steps for this dance are very hard to follow, too. Yuri must be a really good choreographer. There's also a creative aspect in the dance. In the last chorus, the boys pull out lollipops and on them while dancing ferociously (they're experts, so don't worry about them choking on the lollipops). At the end of the song, the pose coolly.

[THIRD PART: "Can't Nobody" by 2NE1]

This is the mixed part. Yuri leads the group and once again shows her dancing prowess. The other girls and boys keep up with her and viciously execute the steps that they made. Before the first verse ends, they their jackets and throw them on the floor, revealing brown halter tops that extend just above the belly button for the girls and black wife beaters for the guys. This heightened the crowd's excitement.

"CAUSE I'M SO BAD! BAD BUT I'M SO GOOD GOOD!" the crew yells. They form a line with Yuri in front and alternatively sway to the left and the right. Yuri poses and gyrates in the middle. The chorus really blows the crowd away. Yuri and a guy dancer get their game on by flaunting their hip hop dance moves. Gahee's knees tremble in fear. She looks at the judges and see their smiling faces. She tries to go near the crew with hopes of distracting them but wrong timing.

For the second part, the crowd goes hip hop and shows their vicious dance moves, part of which look as if they're sending Gahee away. Gahee and her crew back up and cower. Yuri goes near Gahee, runs a hand through her messy hair and smirks…

"LET'S ROCK, JUST TAKE IT TO THE TOP!" the crowd goes even wilder. Gahee, the sore loser, steps forward and challenges Yuri to a dance off. Yuri steps forward and says,

"You had your turn. Now it's ours." Yuri smiles and dances with her crew once more.

Their performance ends with a pose. Raina, Key, and I yell out loud but the crowd's cheers are even louder. They just love Yuri. Minho walks away. Yuri and her crew exit the stage and the three of us greet her with hugs. Her crew is just going crazy because they know they're gonna win this thing. I mean, they're competing against only one crew so…it's clear!

II.

Winners…

"And now, this is the moment we've all been REALLY waiting for" stresses the MC. "After some thinking, arguing, and deciding, the judges have come to a conclusion. We have a set of winners for each category…"

Everyone's all nervous. The judge hands the MC the envelope.

"For the Art Department. The winner is…Park Ji Yeon!" Ji Yeon clasps her hands and covers her face. She walks up to receive her diploma and medal.

"For the Writing Department, we have…" The MC looks at me and smirks. It gives me a bad/good feeling. "Tiffany Hwang!" I run up the stage with all my confidence, and get the diploma. I stand next to my best friend Ji Yeon and scream with her.

"For the Acting Department. The winner is…" Minho places a hand on his forehead. "Group A!" Minho's group didn't win and because of this, Minho is very disappointed. What a way to end the day! Group A comes to the stage and receives their trophy.

"For the singing department, we have…" Ga In, Nana, Raina, and the other singers join hands… "Raina Oh Hye Rin!" Raina comes to the stage and I clap happily for her. But she has a sad face on and she grabs the mic from the MC.

"Do not give me this trophy. I dedicate this trophy to one of the most hardworking students in our class. She is no longer with us. Seo Joo Hyun, this is for you! We shall display this in our classroom in your honor!" the audience cheers. I run to her and embrace her for her kindness.

"For the Dance Department…only two crews battled for this…" The MC raises his eyebrow and smirks. "The winner is…"

Gahee and her crew join hands, so do Yuri and her crew.

"BEAT STREET CREW!" Yuri and her crew jump for joy and yell. They receive a standing ovation. They run to the stage and we greet them with hugs and squeals and everything.

"I KNEW YOU WOULD MAKE IT! I KNEW YOU WOULD MAKE IT!" Raina yells.

"I KNEW YOU WOULD WIN TOO!" the two hug and shed tears. All their hard work has finally paid off. Raina and Yuri hug me too. Key runs to the stage to congratulate and hug us as well as the other winners. We're all having a party on stage.

"As a consolation prize," the MC begins, "We're gonna reward all of you with a small dance party. So DJ-put it on! Everyone, let's party!" we all rush to the dance floor and party like we've never partied before. I see Yuri approach a very sour-faced Gahee.

"Hey!" she taps Gahee on the shoulder. "Let's close this fight, shall we. You guys did good, too. Congratulations!" Yuri extends her hand for Gahee to shake but since Gahee is such a sore loser, she crosses her arms in front of her chest and walks away.

"Don't mind her." Nicole says. "She's always like that." Yuri laughs and joins the party.

Art is life in this school. Actually, life is like art. It is what we make it. A masterpiece is what we paint on the canvas. We have control over our lives and we have the ability to make the best and be the best we can be.

-Tiffany Hwang Mi Young.

[DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING BUT THE IDEA HERE!]