Trouble Trouble Trouble

The Art of Life

I.

Yuri is walking down the hall to dance class with her earphones on when she feels a push from behind. An intentional push. Yuri takes the earphones off and whips around, looking for whoever did it.

As expected, it was just Gahee and her girls.

"Hey Yuri!" hollers Gahee. "Where you headed? Dance class?"

"Where do you think? Ask yourself!" Yuri snaps back.

"Well, we've got some news for you and your crew!" Minzy says half-laughing. Soo Young puts an arm around Yuri but Yuri removes it quickly.

"What do you want this time?" Yuri crosses her arms on her chest.

"I know how much you love dancing, Yul." Gahee teases her while twirling her hair. "And talent month's coming up. It's next month to be exact. So that's a lot of time for you and your girls to prepare."

"What the hell, Gahee? Stop the teasing and just get straight to the point."

"Since you're really excited, our crew is challenging you to form a crew and to compete against us in Talent Month." Gahee plays with Yuri's hair, much to Yuri's smirking and head shaking. "After all, you're the 'queen dancer' now, Yuri. After what you and your girls did to me last time, I'm officially surrendering the crown to you. But being the dancing queen doesn't mean you're the best. It ain't nothing but a title. Wait til you see the Dancing Goddess."

Yuri's stare becomes colder. "Bring it on, Park Gahee." She isn't even sure of what she's saying. The other girls holler at Yuri's spunkiness. Since day one, Yuri has always been full of spunk.

"Woah! Tough!" Soo Young teases. "You're pretty gutsy for a new girl. But I must warn you, Yuri. Many new students have challenged us. Not one emerged as the victor. Think you got what it takes?"

"I'll show you more than that!" Yuri steps up to Soo Young. Her height shrinks in comparison but what she lacks in terms of feet and centimeters, she makes up for in courage.

"Okay. We trust you. But we'd like to stay in our comfort zone. We'd like to believe that you and your crew will end up like most of the other girl groups that competed against us in the past. Total failures." Gahee responds.

"It's because those girls were new. Weak. Meek. Uncompetitive. Much like yourself, Gahee!" Yuri hits back. This enrages Gahee and makes her lunge forward at Yuri and grab her shirt.

"You take those words back, Kwon Yuri." Gahee grits her teeth at the new girl. "Or I'll make you eat them!" Yuri pushes Gahee with all her might and answers back.

"You're a coward! You don't know dance! If there's one thing you and your minions are good at, that's being sore losers!" This really angers Soo Young, thus forcing her to grab Yuri's shirt and throw her to the floor, causing a huge uproar in the hallway. Yuri tries to get up but Soo Young grabs her hair and wrestles her on the floor.

"This is something I should've done 3 days ago!" Soo Young raises her fist about to punch Yuri. Yuri covers her face with her hands but miraculously, the punch doesn't happen.

Someone lifts Soo Young off Yuri.

Choi Minho. And I think he's just trying to cop a feel again. Ugh!

"You get your hands off my best friend, you ing !" he grits at Soo Young. Soo Young's eyes widen in fear and disbelief.

"Best friend? Choi Minho? Is best friends with this loser new girl? Unbelievable!" Soo Young is helped up by her friends and they cower together.

"What? You're her best friend?"

"Don't question us." Minho helps Yuri up. The other students look on with confused faces because they know that Minho and Raina are together…

So what's he doing with the new girl?"

"Are you alright?" Minho asks Yuri. Yuri nods and smartens her outfit.

"Yeah. I'm cool." Minho places his arm around Yuri and gives the girls a mean stare. Min, HyoYeon, and Nicole sense the commotion and run for Yuri.

"Yuri! Yuri! Are you-" Nicole stops in her tracks when she sees Yuri and Minho together. Yuri doesn't even look at them. They suddenly remembered the words Yuri told them about Minho.

"What are you doing with Minho?" she walks over to Yuri and asks this. Yuri looks at her and gives her the elevator eyes, staring her down.

"Yeah! I thought you hated him?" HyoYeon butts in.

"Why do you care? He's my friend and he just saved my face from getting broken by that brute Soo Young." Yuri snaps. Min is taken aback and answers for Nicole.

"Well FYI, Yuri, I saved your from Soo Young's wrath, too. Don't you remember?"

"Girls, please. I nearly got my face busted, alright. I need some time to cope. Let's talk some other time, okay. Not now." Yuri and Minho walk away. Nicole is left dumbfounded with the other girls consoling her.

-LATER ON-

"I can't believe it!" Nicole says exasperatedly. "Yuri's here 1 week and she's left us already! And to think we even defended her." The three are talking in the restroom cubicle. Nicole is seated on the toilet (the lid down) seat while the two are leaning on the walls.

"I know. It's been quite some time now…God. She changes fast!" Min shrugs.

"What could've pushed Yuri to change?" HyoYeon asks.

"Minho. It's Minho. Just the other day she said she hated him but why is she hanging out with him now?" Nicole wonders.

"Maybe it's because she has something for him."

"Right after saying that she hates him. Min, I'd love to think the same way as you do but it just doesn't make sense."

"Maybe Yuri's into him, Nicole. I have to agree with Min." HyoYeon says.

"It's because she's noticed that things between Minho and his girlfriend aren't going so well that's why she's making her move now." Min clarifies.

"!" Nicole stands and slams the cubicle door. Good thing there's no one in there. Nicole leans on the door and slides down and as soon as she is seated, she runs her hand through her short bob-cut hair and thinks deeply with her head down. Min and HyoYeon comfort her.

"I can't believe it. We just got her and now we're about to lose her to Choi Minho! She's such a fox! A playgirl!" Nicole yells.

"Hush now, Nicole. I do believe Minho's a playboy-"

"And he has a girlfriend! Did you see how cuddly they were there? Dammit!"

"But-"

"Just because Minho's in a rocky relationship with Raina? What the hell? Is Yuri really like that?" Nicole yells.

"We don't know her. We can't say anything about her." Min defends.

"I don't care. We know something now." Nicole says. The three stay locked in the cubicle in silence.

II.

"Key! Please help me! I don't know what to do!" Raina exits the auditorium trailing Key. Key looks at her and smirks. He turns his head back front and walks, ignoring her pleads.

"Listen, Raina. I've warned you countless times about Minho. You never listened to me." Key walks off arrogantly. Raina runs behind him, pulling his jacket hood and begging for help.

"There's got to be something I could do. Something you could do for me. Please, Key. I'm really paranoid. Minho's really starting to take me for granted."

"Starting? You haven't been listening, haven't you?"

"Huh?"

"Minho's not 'starting to take you for granted'. Minho's been taking you for granted since the day you became his."

"What do you mean?"

"I already explained this to you. Countless ing times. But you'd rather stick to your own weak principles. "

"Please. I just want to feel happy…"

"What has Minho been doing to you?" Key asks. Raina looks down in shame. She raises her left arm and pulls her sleeve up. She shows Key the beating marks that Minho left on her arm.

"What happened there?" Key looks at her arm with a look of shock and disbelief.

"Minho beat me up and cut me with a razor." her eyes swell up with tears again. Her face is now streaked with mascara and her hair, a hellish mess.

"What for?"

"…ah…" Raina can't speak properly. Each time she recalls that day, those days, tears form in her eyes and it makes her just want to break down and sob.

That's exactly what she's doing now.

"You've got to stop crying and start living. Each day I see you, all you do is cry and cry and cry. I've never seen you happy before." Key says.

"It's because there's nothing worth being happy for. Everything's a huge pile of depressing crap. My boyfriend's an , I have no friends…"

"Hold that. You have Sun Ye and Hye Rim." Key says.

"They're not supportive. I can't get anything from them. They comfort me but they don't really help me!" Raina sobs harder. "Besides, they don't know what I'm going through so they can't help me no matter how much they love me."

"Your parents." Key suggests. Raina's head shoots up and she looks down once more.

"That's useless…" Raina says weakly. "They don't care about me, Key!"

"There's only one way to get Minho off your mind." Key says with a smirk.

"What? How?"

Key's smile grows wider upon the willingness of Raina to cooperate.

"You have to be my girlfriend." Key says with his arms crossed.

"What?" Raina sweeps her bangs to the side and wipes the mascara tears off.

"Yes. I'll help you forget about Minho. If you become my girlfriend."

"For how long?" Key smiles and gets all giddy at her willingness.

"For around…I don't know. Until you get over him."

". If this is the only way to get that off my mind, then I'll do it." Raina agrees but is a bit doubtful about it.

"I swear. You'll have a better time with me than with Minho." Raina looks down as Key widens his smile and opens and closes his fists.

III.

Ji Yeon and Hyun Joong become close friends. They've been hanging with each other for quite some time so that doesn't really surprise me. I kind of expected it to happen, actually. Ji Yeon told me that they sit together in Art Class and he's really patient and friendly and gentlemanly. All is well between them.

Until Ji Yeon comes out one day and tells me something. Something that I really loathe.

"Tiffeny! Tiffeny!" Ji Yeon's high pitch voice pierces my ears. I turn around and see her running to me excitedly. I roll my eyes and walk to her.

"How many times do I have to tell you, it's Tiffany. What do you want?" I ask impatiently with my arms crossed on my chest.

"Hyun Joong asked me out. We're gonna go on a date this Friday." she says excitedly. My jaws drop and my eyes close in anger. And jealousy. I walk away from her with my notebook nearly covering my face. Actually it's covering half of my face. Ji Yeon walks after me and places a hand on my shoulder.

"Tiffany, what's wrong?" Finally! She gets the pronunciation right. I want to turn around but I can't because…

Because I'm tearing up. For the first time I'm tearing up over something shallow.

"Tiffany!"

"Ji Yeon!" I raise my hand with my back turned. "Let's talk some other time, okay. If you want, you can come to my house and let's get ready for your date." Being the naïve angel that she is, Ji Yeon automatically says yes.

"Okay! What time?"

"Anytime before your date." I walk away from her quickly with my face covered by the notebook.

Now most of you may be wondering why the hell I'm crying. Well to be frank with you, I am jealous. Not because I like Hyun Joong but because Ji Yeon's getting a boyfriend. And I'm not. You see, I've been in this institution longer than that girl and not a single guy has looked at me. Ever. Ji Yeon is someone whom I consider lower than me but here she is getting a boyfriend. A boy took notice of her. Not a single boy has noticed me.

And don't even get me started on SeoHyun's existence here.

[FRIDAY NIGHT BEFORE 8 PM]

I am sitting on my couch watching TV with my eyes half-closed when the doorbell rings. I jump from where I am seated and rush to the door. I open it and see Ji Yeon with a big bag of clothes, makeup, and accessories with her. I roll my eyes, smile and let her in.

"Gosh! Your house has changed!" she marvels.

"That's because we rearranged most of the things her. We didn't buy anything new or paint the walls or something." I explain sarcastically to her.

"Well then, let's get started! Let's go to your room and get me fixed."

"What time is it anyways?" I ask looking around the room, searching for the clock. Ji Yeon has a watch with her and tells me the time before I could find the clock.

"It's 6:30 pm. Come on! It takes forever to get me dressed."

"Alright then. Let's go up." Ji Yeon and I rush to the stairs and enter my room. We lock the door and I throw myself on the bed. She takes the pink frilly dress out of the bag and places it on top of her body, spinning around like a ballerina.

"What do you think?" she asks as she faces me. I take the bag of chips and stuff 8 or 9 in my mouth.

"I think it looks great." I say. Ji Yeon purses her lips and furrows her brows, then turns around to dump the dress on the bed. She grabs her bag and takes another dress out. A black, long-sleeved one this time.

"Bout this one?"

"How's about you actually put it on so I can see." I suggest. Ji Yeon runs to my dresser and tries all the dresses on. It bores me to the bone but for her sake, I try to make my mind up.

"So…which one should I wear?" she asks cutely.

"I think you should wear the pink one. You look like a doll in it." I say half-heartedly.

"Are you sure?"

I stand up and place the empty bag of chips on her side table drawer. I go to her and fix her curls, sweeping them to the side and taking a small pin from my pocket and clipping her hair. She looks more immaculate than any other girl I've seen.

"Ji Yeon, it doesn't matter what I think about your clothes. What's important is what you think about your dress. If it makes you feel beautiful, then it'll turn you into the most beautiful girl in the world." She smiles at me and makes her way to the mirror that I have. I take her bag and take the makeup out. I fix her 20 minutes before her date arrives.

[20 MINUTES LATER]

We have just finished fixing up when the doorbell rings. Hyun Joong is waiting outside the door with a bouquet of flowers for Ji Yeon. Ji Yeon's heart skips a beat at the sound of the doorbell. I run down the stairs, nearly tripping, and answer the door.

"Hi Tiffany! Is this your house?" he asks shyly.

"What does it look like? Of course it is!" I answer jokingly. "Anyways, how'd you know Ji Yeon was here?"

"She told me she'd be at your house. And I think she's somewhere upstairs?"

"Wait. Don't come in." I slam the door at him and rush upstairs to tug Ji Yeon out of the room. But a big surprise greets me the moment I enter my room.

Ji Yeon is all made up. All by herself. And she looks so different. So different from the bland and plain Ji Yeon I know.

"Ji Yeon! He's outside. He's waiting for you." I tell her. Ji Yeon places her hands on her heart and feels the skipping of it. She backs away and lightly shakes her head. I grab her hand and tug her out of the room. I tug her all the way down the stairs and as soon as we reach the door, I place her in front of me and pull the door open, revealing her to Hyun Joong.

Hyun Joong is speechless.

"You…are…so…pretty. I can't believe it!" Hyun Joong smiles. Ji Yeon blushes and twists from side to side. I smile at the two of them. They couldn't be any cuter.

"Thanks." Ji Yeon tosses some curly locks back. Hyun Joong is so lost in her beauty that he forgets about the flowers behind his back.

"For you, Ji Yeon." he reveals the flowers, shocking Ji Yeon. "Are you ready for our date?"

Ji Yeon smiles and nods. Hyun Joong extends his hand for her to take. She takes it and walks along with him to his car. He opens the door for her and lets her in before closing it. Hyun Joong then walks over to his side and drives away.

[song to match the mood: "Ready to L.O.V.E." by Brown Eyed Girls]

Hyun Joong and Ji Yeon arrive at the café' where they are to have their first date. Hyun Joong's been checking Ji Yeon out and they've been spending a lot of time together.

Upon arriving, Hyun Joong steps down first to open the door for Ji Yeon. He extends his hand to aid her, which she accepts. They walk hand-in-hand to the café. Inside, they look for a table.

The café is anything but romantic but for two quiet, boring people, the café is the most romantic place in the universe. Hyun Joong orders a cup of frappuccino and asks Ji Yeon what she'd like to have.

"Uhm. I'll just get the Mocha Latte." she answers shyly and sweetly. Hyun Joong smiles at her.

"I think our drinks would go good with some cake! How's about 2 slices of the chocolate melt?"

"I'd love that!"

After ordering, Hyun Joong walks over to Ji Yeon and they start talking while waiting for their orders.

"I didn't know you were this pretty!" Hyun Joong exclaims.

"I didn't think I'd become this pretty. I thought I was so ugly!"

"Don't say that about yourself! You're very pretty, Ji Yeon. Just fix yourself even more."

"I'm not really that pretty. You've seen me without makeup on and with ordinary clothes. I don't stand out."

"You may not stand out for the others but to me, you're prettier than the popular girls at school." this really makes Ji Yeon blush. She likes Hyun Joong and the sound of him saying that she's prettier than the popular girls is just a compliment higher than a compliment.

"Thanks. I think I'd like to keep looking this way." Ji Yeon finally accepts his compliment.

Their food arrives a few minutes later. The cake and the coffee are good and they seem to enjoy their light night getaway. As soon as they've finished, they both set out.

"Where to next?" asks Hyun Joong.

"I'd like to go stargazing at the park." Ji Yeon replies.

"Alright, then."

They both get in the car and drive to the park. Once there, they see the tranquil park that has lasted for several generations. Still ever so peaceful. They park their car somewhere and step down to walk around. After two rounds around the park, Ji Yeon sits on the grass and Hyun Joong sits beside her.

"That star is really pretty. It's so big and shiny." Ji Yeon says.

"Yeah. You know what, you're like a star." Hyun Joong blurts.

"Huh?" Ji Yeon looks at him confused.

"A star is very small, but it's very shiny and beautiful that's why it stands out." Hyun Joong explains. Ji Yeon stares at him, obviously still not getting it.

"I-"

"You may not be the most popular girl. You may not be the friendliest girl around. You may be the most forgotten one, so-called, but you're beautiful and talented and for that, you stand out." Ji Yeon marvels at his depth. Hyun Joong is really a deep thinker and this trait of his attracts her.

"You are such a nice guy. I've never met anyone this nice before. All the guys that I've come across are jerks . You're different. I'll remember you forever." Ji Yeon smiles. Hyun Joong takes her hand in his. Ji Yeon is startled but calm. Funny cause her reactions are contradicting. She sits calmly, waiting for Hyun Joong's next move.

His next move is about to make Ji Yeon feel the best feeling in the world.

Hyun Joong kisses her hand. Ji Yeon's eyes widen in surprise, excitement, happiness, embarrassment, and delight. Never has she been kissed by a guy.

"You made my night. Simple night, I know. But your presence and your beauty made it the best, most glamorous night. Ever." Hyun Joong and Ji Yeon stand up and go back to their car to drive away for a joyride. Part three of their beautiful night.

IV.

Yuri and Minho walk to the dance studio where Yuri is to practice. Minho smirks and grins and his head to the side while walking, proud of his new "friend."

Of if he sees Yuri as his friend, then yes.

"Minho, wanna practice with me?" asks Yuri.

"Sure. But I'd like to watch you first." Minho says with that certain coolness in his voice. Yuri doesn't feel anything nor does she think about anything. She just smiles back and does what she's supposed to do.

Before dancing, Yuri usually warms up. Yuri stretches and jogs a bit. But since Minho is watching her, she opts not to warm up rather, she goes straight to the point. She takes off her really loose hoodie, revealing a white crop top, baggy pants, and a really nice set of girl abs. Minho can't help but look at her beautiful build.

"Stop staring, !" Yuri takes notice of his staring and curses at him playfully. Minho shakes his head and looks down with his face all red.

[song to match the mood: "Lucifer" by SHINee]

Minho sits in the corner, watching Yuri dance. Yuri is a really decent and quiet but somewhat feisty girl but when she dances she turns into a beast. Not the beast like the scary beast but a y beast. Like, monstrously hot! Even I can't help it.

"Hey Yuri!" calls Minho.

"Yeah!" Yuri replies while trying her best to concentrate.

"Where'd you get those hot packs?" since Yuri's not much of a street-talker, she didn't understand what Minho just said. She stops the music and looks confusingly at Minho with her hand through her hair.

"Hot packs? What bull are you talking about?" she asks him.

"Those hot packs!" he points at her girl abs. Yuri looks at them and covers them with her arms, ashamed.

"Shut up, dickhead! You're such a ert! Do you really go around asking girls where they got their "hot packs" or "double Ds" or what?" Yuri asks annoyed.

"Sorry, sorry! Just kidding, mah dear!" Minho replies with a flamboyant accent. Yuri rolls her eyes and shakes her head. She goes back to dancing.

"I'm thinking of entering that dance contest on Talent Month." says Yuri while vigorously dancing. "I can't wait to beat the out of Park Gahee and her crew!"

"Woah! You got spunk! Pretty competitive, too!" Minho marvels.

"Sure! I never back down! I may be new but you can't break my spirit, chah!" Yuri says.

"Why? You got your crew?"

"Course I do! Nicole, Min, and HyoYeon along with some other people! We'll be the baddest crew ever!"

"Nicole. Nicole Jung?" asks Minho.

"Nicole Jung…hmmm… Not familiar with her? Mind introducing her to me?"

"Sure. When I got time."

"Can I dance with you?" Minho stands up and walks to Yuri. Yuri stops, eyes him from head to toe and recalls the dirtiness of Gahee's dance.

"Why not?" Yuri answers. Minho smirks and gets down with her.

Unfortunately for them, someone passes by.

Someone in the form of them.

Key and his newfound girl.

Raina.

They hear the music and peer through the window. They see Minho and Yuri dirty dancing, grinding on each other. Yuri and Minho both getting hot. Key shrugs it off but Raina is furious…

And the mascara's about to spill again!

Raina tries to hold them back and looks at Key. She grabs Key's arm and walks away.

"We have no time for this!" she says with her voice shaking. You can tell she's about to cry anytime.

"Yeah!" Key answers.

After their hot dancing session, Yuri and Minho exit the dance studio exchanging high-fives and laughs. They catch Key and Raina arm in arm, acting all sweet. Yuri's eyes widen while smoke's just coming out of Minho's ears. And nose.

"And you said she called me a ?" Yuri asks Minho with a disgusted look on her face.

"Raina! My God!" Minho yells. "With Key? !" Minho chases them, leaving Yuri behind. Wanting to stay out of trouble and controversy's way, Yuri enters the dance studio and remains there.

"Raina! Oh Hye Rin!" Minho tugs her arm and pulls her away from Key.

"What do you want?" Raina yelps and cries as she tries to break free from Minho's grasp. She pushes Minho away and runs to Key who takes her hand and intertwines her arm in his. Key looks slyly at Minho and Minho stares at him with a smirk on his face. He returns to the dance studio and sees Yuri packing her things angrily.

"!" Minho his hair and his cheek. Yuri looks at him confused and grabs her backpack, slings it on her shoulder.

"What the hell was that?" Yuri asks Minho perplexed. Minho shakes his head and runs his hand through his hair.

"Nothing. Raina and I aren't in good terms right now. I'm not even sure if our relationship will last long."

"Yeah but what was your best friend doing there? Key's your best friend, ain't he?"

"He is. Was." Minho makes clear use of the past tense, indicating that he and Key are no longer friends.

"Raina's a . And to think she's been calling me a behind my back." Yuri indignantly says.

"Don't care about her. She's none of your business." Minho storms out of the dance studio, slamming the door behind him and leaving Yuri in a shocked state.

"." Yuri shakes her head and sits on the floor. She leans her head on the mirror and thinks to herself.

Is it right for her to be with Minho? Could she be the cause of Raina and Minho's growing apart. Could her presence possibly lead to their breakup?

As much as Yuri dislikes Raina or to put it in a nicer way, as much as she is not fond of Raina, she hates to be the cause of friction between two lovers. She-as Minho's new friend-wants nothing but the best for her new companion and she hates to see him in such a depressed and stressed mood. For Minho, she wants them to be happy and she wants them to love each other not to fight and grow apart. But something in her, her gut-feel that is, is telling her that she's the root of their relationship problems. Why Raina's been crying for the past few days is because of her. And this affects Minho in a huge way because Raina is Minho's girlfriend and when Raina is sad because of their [Yuri and Minho] closeness, it angers Minho.

It's very stupid, actually because Yuri had a choice then. If she knew that their relationship would crumble at the entrance of another girl or guy, she should've stayed away from Minho but she chose to stay with him and she is now his "best friend".

Worst part of it is, their friendship is creating a huge gap between Yuri and her friends, Minho and Key, and worsening Raina and Yuri's relationship with each other. They didn't start out well and Minho and Yuri's friendship is only aggravating it.

Now, sitting on the floor with her head up straight, Yuri says these words in her mind,

"But why can't I stay away from him? We've been friends for a few days but it's like something's going on."

Yuri stands up and plays the music and dances again.

Minho on the other hand, is roaming around the campus angrily. He ignores everyone in sight and gives those that get in his way a mean stare. He sits by himself and covers his face with his hands.

"I just can't stay away from Yuri."

V.

Son Ga In is seen roaming around the campus, fixing her side bangs and twirling her finger in her hair. She is chewing gum and blowing a bubble with it. The boys all stare at her legs and her s and her curves. She knows how to make guys stare and drool.

Raina-who is Ga In's long time rival in the singing department-runs into Ga In with Key. Key sees her and leans over to whisper something to her.

"Hey, it's Ga In…" Key whispers. "Your arch nemesis."

"I don't care." Raina says with a poker face. Key smirks at her feistiness and knows that she's just this way because she's hurt. Ga In spots Raina and approaches her. Raina sees her coming and avoids her by leading Key to the other hall. Ga In quickly grabs Raina's arm and pulls her.

"Hey Raina! Going somewhere?" asks Ga In. Raina stares blankly at Ga In.

"I was about to until you pulled me! What do you want? Hurry up, I'm not in a good mood!"

"I'm challenging you to a singing contest in Talent Month." Ga In states boldly. "Think you're really good? Step up to the challenge." Raina breaks free from Ga In angrily and backs off.

"I'll do better than stepping up. I'll stomp on you, !" Raina walks away from Ga In with Key on her arm. She feels much better now as she has released all her negative energy on Ga In.

Key snickers at her spunkiness. "Do not mess with Raina when she's angry!" Raina looks at him and purses her lips together, a face of frustration.

"Come with me. I'm gonna practice…" they walk to the voice room to practice.

"What are you gonna sing?" asks her 'boyfriend' Key.

"I have no idea. Something angry perhaps." Raina sits and covers her face with her handkerchief. Her white handkerchief starts to get stained with her mascara. Key knows what this means.

"Oh! Don't tell me you're turning white handkerchiefs black again!" Key groans and gives himself a face palm.

"Shut up, Key! If you're not gonna be a responsible and caring 'boyfriend', then just go away. "

"Well it's not my fault that your life's a living hell right now!"

Raina wiped her mascara tears. Her white face is once again stained with mascara, eyeliner, and fading foundation. Key could only laugh at the way she looks right now.

"Get out!" Raina stands up and points to the door. "If you're just here to make fun of me and make me realize how stupid I am and how I screwed up, get out!" Key smirks and leaves and the moment he exits the room and his entire presence is gone, he slams the door behind him, making Raina cringe.

"God! What have I gotten myself into this time? Minho's angry with me. Yuri's angry with me. My friends doubt me. And now Key…my only rock and source of strength…is about to hate me!"

Raina suppresses her tears this time. She goes to the recording booth to record her practice song.

[song: "2 Different Tears" by the Wonder Girls]

Raina plays the piano while singing to "2 Different Tears", her first song choice. She lightly presses the keys and lets the words musically come out of . The song speaks of her current situation, in her relationship with Minho so each lyric is laden with heavy emotions. She is thinking of Minho, Yuri, and Key while singing. Since Raina is an emotional girl, she can feel her warm, dark, cosmetic tears flowing from her eyes.

Suddenly, the door opens. Raina doesn't hear it because her heart, mind, and body are in the song. Who entered?

Sun Ye.

Min Sun Ye sits next to her friend who is emotionally playing the piano while trying hard to stop the tears from flowing. Raina's white dress is once again stained with mascara yet she continues to play the piano and sing her piece. She didn't feel Sun Ye sit next to her.

"What's up? Singing contest?" Sun Ye asks.

"Yeah."

"Woah? Since when did you consider joining the singing contest?"

"Since the day Ga In challenged me."

"Ga In challenged you?" Sun Ye asks in disbelief. "Doesn't she know that you're like, the best singer here?"

"Ga In's got some pipes. Like really powerful ones."

"Why did she challenge you? I mean, out of all the singers here, why you?" asks Sun Ye.

"Ga In used to be Minho's girlfriend. She was dumped by Minho when he saw me. No, actually, they were still together when he was courting me." Raina confesses.

"Then why is she angry with you?"

"Because she thinks that I broke them up."

"You didn't! I mean, unless you knew that Minho and Ga In were together but you didn't! So that doesn't make it your fault."

"Exactly! Ga In's hated me since Minho and I got together."

". Just don't care about her, Raina. Focus on this competition."

"I know."

"Besides, did you have any plans to join that contest?"

"Yes. " Raina continues to play the piano and sing the song.

VI.

Seo Joo Hyun (my adopted sister) is being shown around the school by Choi Seung Hyun (my long time crush). Seung Hyun shows her to the Voice Department where she'll be studying.

"Wow! So this is your classroom?" exclaims Seohyun with all her innocence. I look at her and smirk. There goes my little sister, using her innocence to get the guys that I like.

"Yep! This is where we learn how to sing, play instruments, rap, whatever! Anything related to making music, we develop it here!" Seung hyun says.

"I can't wait to learn!" Seohyun excitedly says. "I mean, I've been singing since I was a kid and for me to be here is just a great honor!"

"I know. I can't wait to hear you!" Seung hyun compliments her. Seohyun blushes and enters the piano room where Raina once was. (she has left) Seohyun sits down and gracefully places her fingers on the keys of the piano. Seung hyun watches her with twinkling eyes. She seems to have him captivated. My sister begins to play the piano and sing.

[song: "Take It" by the Wonder Girls]

Seohyun sings the first verse which truly captivates Seung hyun. He can't help but close his eyes and drift away to Seohyun's lovely voice and excellent piano playing skills.

And I can't help but feel jealous. That should be me sitting next to Seung hyun, making him doze off like a baby.

But I can't. I'm no singer. I'm just a boring writer.

A boring writer who will NEVER get any recognition in this school.

Seohyun stops after the first chorus. Seung hyun applauds and praises her which makes me even more jealous.

"Wow! You're really good? For how long did you train?" asks Seung hyun.

"Since I was, I don't know, 5?" replies Seohyun shyly.

"No wonder you're a pro! You've been at it since you were a kid! Keep it up!" Seung hyun gives her a pat on the back which makes my blood boil.

"Thanks. But my sister Tiffany is even better! She's been playing the piano since she was 3! I swear! You have to hear Tiffany!" Seohyun exclaims, pretending to be proud of me.

"Uhm. I'd love to some other time. But I don't know who this Tiffany is. I have yet to meet her!"

"She's here in this school, too. Would you like me to introduce you to her?" asks Seohyun.

"Nah! I'll find time for that. Right now, I'd like us to focus on our Talent Month entry." Seung hyun replies.

"Talent Month? What's that?" asks Seohyun innocently.

"It's the month after this month. It's the month when we show our talents. Think of it as a huge talent show!" Seung hyun describes with matching hand gestures.

"Ohhh…I'd like that!"

"Of course you would! Now get playing! I want to hear your voice and your piano playing!" Seohyun gracefully places her fingers on the keys of the keyboard and plays away, hypnotizing Seung hyun.

I spy on them from the small corner of the other room. My door is half closed so I can still see what they are doing from where I am. They're acting all sweet and it's pissing me off! My eyes glint at their laughter and my lips pout at their togetherness.

That should be me…