Slowly Falling

The Art of Life

I.

Raina and Key are together again. And as always, they display their "affection" for each other to the entire campus. They don't care about the stares and the snickers. What matters is their "love" for each other.

Their fake love.

Honestly, Key doesn't love Raina, neither does Raina love Key. They're only together for the sake of Raina. Raina wants to forget about Minho and his playboy ways so she decides to give Minho a dose of his own medicine by pretending to be in a relationship with his best friend. Key's enjoying every minute of it as he knows that Minho's not being a true friend. Besides, he'd like to teach his best friend a lesson on how to treat girls.

As for Minho, he doesn't care. Or does he?

Earlier in the story, you witnessed Minho trying to call Raina and Raina leaving him for Key. That gravely upset Minho and now, he's in depression.

Fast forward to the present, Key and Raina are "making love" on the bench beside the drinking fountain. All the students passing by give them strange looks but they could care less. All that matters is Raina is getting her revenge and Key is teaching a lesson.

Unfortunately for them, Ga In is one of those passerbys. And she just happens to have her camera with her.

"Ah! Oh Hye Rin! The who stole my boyfriend! Let me teach you how to not get what's others'." Ga In takes her camera out and smartly positions somewhere far from the two. She turns her camera on and presses zoom. With her zoom mode on, she can see the couple clearly from a distance. She turns the flash off and takes several shots. Shot after shot after shot. And the two are completely unaware of it.

This is one of the benefits of being the all seeing, all hearing, all knowing narrator. You get the juiciest gossip!

Once satisfied with 15 shots of Key and Raina publicly displaying their affection for each other, Ga In shuts her camera and walks away, dashes to the Principal's Office. Bad news for Key and Raina, not only the Principal is in the office.

Most of the Department Teachers and the Talent Month are there, too. And if they find out about Key and Raina's PDA, the two could be disqualified from the Talent Month contests.

"Finally! Revenge! Calling me a ? Let's see who's the bigger now!" Ga In walks stylishly away.

II.

Ji Yeon is on cloud nine. Her date with Hyun Joong was the best night of her life. She still can't believe that she has a boyfriend, though. She may get a little shy with him sometimes but she loves the feeling. It upholds her. It exalts her.

So one day, Ji Yeon comes looking more beautiful than ever. Her bangs that used to hang loose in front of her face are now clipped to the side with a beautiful bow to match. She used to wear big jackets, jeans, and sneakers but today, she's in a pretty white, sleeveless summer dress. And her shoes…white lady shoes with wedge heels. To top it all off, Ji Yeon has make up on, something that she's never had on before. As for her jewelry, a simple shell necklace did the trick.

"Hi Tiffany!" her greeting is fluffy and sweet, kind of like drunk actually. "Have you seen Hyun Joong?" she asks. I roll my eyes and smile lazily at her.

"He's over there!" I point. She sees Hyun Joong and of course, Hyun Joong sees her, too. They run to each other and embrace. I roll my eyes and walk away. I am a bitter person. And I'm even more bitter because the only guy I like likes my sister. My adopted sister. My fake sister!

"So…what are we gonna do today?" asks Ji Yeon. She tucks her hair behind her ear and Hyun Joong her hair.

"We can eat lunch together. You can bring Tiffany if you want to." I heard their conversation and whip around to face them.

"No thanks! I'm eating by myself." I say arrogantly before walking away. Ji Yeon and Hyun Joong shrug and look at each other with eyes so in love.

"After this? Where to next?"

"To my place! I want to introduce you to my parents!" Ji Yeon shyly tucks her hair behind her ear and takes Hyun Joong's hand. My eyes glint in anger and jealousy. Why is it that Ji Yeon got a guy before me? Seung hyun won't even look at me. I walk quickly away from them. The two just look at me (or so I feel) weirdly but I just shrug it off. I have better things to do than to melt in jealousy seeing my best friend and her boyfriend together.

I head to the library to finish my essay for Talent Month's writing contest. I love the library. It's a haven for writers and artists alike. Ji Yeon and I used to hang out here a lot. Used to. That was before Hyun Joong came and destroyed our beautiful friendship. Anyways, I sit at one of the tables and place the of the pen in my mouth, twirling it like a lollipop. I try to think of something good to write, well I've started but thoughts of Ji Yeon, Hyun Joong, and my sister in this school haunt me, preventing me from concentrating.

"! Tiffany! Get your act together and finish your essay! You want to win this, don't you?" I thought to myself. I take the pen and continue my essay. "What's the use? I didn't enter myself in this contest! What's the use of working hard for a contest that you didn't even sign up for!" I put the thought at the back of my mind and prod on with my writing. I list each and every single women's rights violation that's happening in our school down.

Minutes later, the library door opens. I am no longer alone. And to my surprise, I see Hyun Joong and Ji Yeon sweetly coming in with Ji Yeon's arm intertwined with Hyun Joong's. I stand corrected. I am no longer alone.

"Hey Tiffeny!" Here she goes again with her mispronunciation. I want to correct her but I choose not to. It's not worth it. She's better than me, now. Ji Yeon's more beautiful, more popular, and friendlier than me now. Now that she has Hyun Joong, she's changed. Anyways, they sit with me at my table and act all sweet. I try not to mind them and focus on what I'm writing but their sweet words and sweet actions keep getting in the way of my concentration.

"Hey! If you two want to make sweet love I suggest you do it outside of the library and not in front of me!" I say snappily. "I don't have time for any of your mushiness! If your goal is to make me look a loser, then leave!" I don't know what got into my head and I said that. Whatever it was, Ji Yeon is really angry right now. She looks at me with angry eyes and shakes her head.

"Sorry!" Ji Yeon snaps back. That's something rare. How often does Ji Yeon snap? And at me? I thought I was gonna get a docile response. I was wrong. "It's not our fault that someone's bitter here."

"Excuse me!" I shut my notebook and stand up, pointing at Ji Yeon. "How dare you say I'm bitter?" I see the librarian put her specs back on, lowering them a bit to see us clearly.

"Well it's just that, ever since Hyun Joong and I got together, you've been really snappy!" Ji Yeon yells louder. I feel embarrassed for us, but I'm not gonna take her bull.

"It's just that you've changed a lot! You weren't like this before!" I yell louder.

"It's not me, Hwang Mi Young." Ji Yeon addresses me by my Korean name. "It's you. You have changed. Since we got together, you stopped hanging out with me, you've become more withdrawn and you've become colder. It's you who's wrong. You weren't like this before!"

A cold silence envelopes us. And I take a deep breath to calm me down.

"Listen-" Ji Yeon cuts me off by waving a finger in front of me. Hyun Joong remains seated in humiliation.

"I'm not listening to you anymore! You're just jealous because your best friend, whom you've taken for granted, whom you've underestimated, whom you thought would never get a guy, got a guy before you. You think you're better than me at all aspects in life but you're wrong, Tiffany Hwang!" The librarian looks at us and gives us the quiet sign by placing her finger on her lips. We look at her and look at each other again. Ji Yeon taps her boyfriend on the shoulder.

"Let's go. I'm not quite willing to waste my time and embarrass myself by arguing with this bitter, jealous, boy-less loser." Hyun Joong looks at me and shrugs. He stands up and follows Ji Yeon out of the library.

"Rot in hell! You…you…You best friend leaver! And best friend stealer!" I yell and sit back down, opening my notebook and continuing my essay despite teary eyes. The librarian approaches me and tells me to keep quiet. I nod and apologize.

I'm losing everything that I own. And because of that, I can't help but cry.

III.

Yuri walks around the campus and sees Minho waiting for her at her locker. She smiles at him and brushes her bangs to the side.

"Hey!" she says.

"Hey hot stuff!" Minho greets back. Yuri slaps his shoulder and leans on her locker.

"Doing anything tonight?" asks Minho while fixing his hair.

"Nah. Not really. Save for my dance practice but I can always miss out. Why?"

"I kinda wanna ask you out on a date." Minho says confidently, with all his playboy swagger. Yuri is taken aback.

"Are you serious? For real?" Yuri cries.

"Yeah. Do I look like I'm joking here?" Minho asks sarcastically.

"Well how am I supposed to know? You're never serious!"

"This time I am. So, what do you say?"

Yuri looks down confused. "But what about Raina?" Minho grunts at the sound of that name and runs a hand through his hair and gives himself a face palm.

"You saw what Raina and Key were doing. You saw what Raina was like when she met you! And you still care about how Raina would feel? Yuri, I don't give a about that anymore! She can with Key for all I care. I was honest. She wasn't. End of story."

"I think she has a purpose." Yuri answers meekly.

"What?" Minho takes her shoulders and squeezes them. Yuri tries to remove his hands from her shoulders.

"I said, I think she has a purpose for doing that. I think there's a reason why she's with that guy." Yuri stands her ground and makes her point clear.

"What's that?"

"She knows you're unfaithful. She knows you've been spending time with me and it's hurting her. It's Raina who's been faithful all along and you've been cheating on her. And…"Yuri walks away from Minho with her hand on her forehead. Minho walks after her and grabs her shoulder, turning her to him.

"What are you talking about?" Minho asks angrily.

"That I don't want to be involved in this." Yuri explains.

"Why?"

"Because I think Raina's thinking we're together."

"Let her think whatever she wants to think. As I've said, I don't give a damn about her anymore."

"But-"

"But nothing. Yuri, you don't have to dwell on others' opinions. I don't care and I think you shouldn't, too. Don't listen to them. Their words can't kill you. Remember, what doesn't kill you will only make you stronger." Minho says with a wink.

"Are you-"

"No. Keep quiet. Don't talk and don't worry. I'm not cheating on anyone with anybody. She is. But I don't care. And you don't have to care. You shouldn't. What's important is, you're with me and I'm with you. We can spend time and get to know each other. I think that you'd make a really good…" Minho sees Yuri smile at his pause and they both chuckle at what he just said. Yuri shakes her head.

"I think I just overreacted. Okay. I'll make time for you later. I'll see." Yuri says semi-confidently.

"Don't see. Do." Minho follows. Yuri shakes her head, laughs, and looks down.

"I do want to see you later. And I will see you later." Yuri adds before walking away.

"Alright. See ya!"

"See ya!" Minho hollers back. He watches Yuri energetically skips to the dance studio to practice with her crew. As soon as he is sure that Yuri is gone, Minho turns his back and shakes his head.

"New girls. They are so gullible." Minho laughs to himself and walks along the corridor…

[song: ".GO." by SHINee]

Just then, the most beautiful (well, one of the) girl in school walks by Minho and drops her violin sheet. Minho sees her and is struck in awe. So starstruck is Minho that he rushes to the girl's side and helps her with her papers. The shuffled papers are picked up by the two when coincidentally, their hands touch. The beautiful girl looks up and sees Choi Minho looking into her eyes. Menacingly. The girl shows a fearful expression instead of a glad one because she knows who Choi Minho is and what Choi Minho is like. This knowledge of Minho's reputation strikes fear in her heart, making her stand as quickly as she can…

And run away.

She doesn't care about her music sheet. It is in Minho's hands and he is about to give it to her, but she runs away from him. Still feeling the magic of the beautiful girl's stare, Minho chases after her, only prompting the beautiful girl to run faster.

Who is this beautiful girl?

None other than Im Jin Ah. Also known as Nana.

Minho chases Nana all across the campus. Nana, who is wearing stilettos, is really having a hard time running away from the malicious Minho. Well, Minho's intention is just to give the music sheet that Nana dropped but at the back of his mind…Minho's lusting for her. After chasing for 15 minutes or so, Nana trips next to the girl's bathroom and runs in there to hide. Right now, Nana looks like a little doll who's running from a giant e. Well there's some truth to that. Nana's a pretty doll who's running from Minho the maniac who has her music sheet and whose intentions are anything but pure.

Nana locks herself in the bathroom and sits on the floor. Like any suspense movie, she covers and prays that Minho doesn't find her.

Why is Nana so afraid of Minho? It's her first time to encounter Minho, what has she to be afraid of?

"No. No. No. Not again. I don't want this to happen again."

What really happened? Do you want me to tell you the story? Because I was there when it happened. I wasn't a participant. I was a mere observer. I saw what Minho did to Nana when he got drunk once.

But who is Nana?

Nana is one of Ga In's friends. Well, ex-friend now. When Ga In and Minho were together, Nana would always tag-along and feel out of place. So there was this party at this school once that they (and I) attended. There was dancing and music but strictly no drinking. But you guys know Ga In. She NEVER plays by the rules. She snuck in some beer and wine and gathered her friends to the corner and while the rest of the students were dancing, going crazy, and just having a good time, they were getting drunk and doing all sorts of malicious acts in the corner. Ga In was drunk but Minho was more drunk. Nana had some drinks but she was still in control, unlike Minho who was really out of his mind. Minho stood up and took Nana's hand. Ga In was surprised and snapped back into reality. She hit Minho with her bag but Minho wouldn't let go of Nana's hand. Nana tried to fight back but Minho was just too drunk. So drunk that he forced Nana to another corner and…did that. Ga In tried to stop Minho by drunkenly hitting him with her bag but to no avail. Minho just pushed her aside and continued to harass Nana. He had torn off her straps and pulled down her skirt before a guy came and pulled Minho away from Nana, allowing her to make her escape. Ga In slapped Minho and yelled at him, stopping the party.

How did I know this? Because I was there. I was one of Ga In's friends. I used to be really popular until they decided that I was too boring for them and dumped me. And because of what happened, Ga In dropped Nana from her list of friends and Minho with it.

Back to the present, Nana is hiding in the girls bathroom, her back against the door and her hand on her chest, feeling her heartbeat through her chest. Nana is damn scared right now and she knows that Minho is just walking around, waiting for her to come out. What happened to her traumatized her so much that she does not dare go near another guy. The small spaces at the bottom of the door reveal Minho's shoes. This makes Nana's heart race even faster. She knows that Minho is nearby and she doesn't want history to repeat itself so to keep safe, she runs to the cubicle, locks herself in, and sits on the toilet seat.

"Nana! Nana! Where are you? You dropped your music sheet." Minho yells. No one responds. He shrugs and carries the music sheet with him to acting class.

When Nana was sure that Minho has left, she comes out of the cubicle and exits the bathroom. Upon exiting and sighing a breath of relief, she sees Minho with her music sheet in his hand. Her heart starts to race and her fingers and legs begin to shake. She runs away before he sees her but too late! Minho whips around at the sound of her heels and sees Nana running away. Filled with the desire to return the music sheet and to victimize her again, Minho runs after her. Their chase continues and Nana trips once more, snapping the heel of her left stiletto. Minho runs to her and tries to help her but Nana pushes him away and stands up to leave but her injury leaves her in a slow pace, making it easy for Minho to catch up. Minho coolly walks to her and grabs her arm tightly. Nana struggles to get away but Minho tightens his grip.

"Come with me…" Nana tries to scream but Minho covers . Nana can't stop moving her limbs, trying to break free from his maniac grasp. Minho takes her to the janitor's storage room and pushes her there. He enters the room and as you all know…history has repeated itself. Nana is being harassed by Minho for the second time.

Unfortunately for them, they were seen by someone.

Nicole.

Nicole is a close friend of Yuri's, as you know. And Nicole knows very well that Yuri is really close friends with Minho.

"That ! Yuri has to know about this! She can't be next!"

IV.

All is well at school…until

"MISS OH HYE RIN AND MR. KIM KI BUM! PLEASE REPORT TO THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE IMMEDIATELY!" says the voice from the loudspeaker. The students hear this and look at Raina and Key. Key and Raina look at each other and rush to the Principal's Office. They knew they were in for something. Key slowly opens the door for Raina and enters afterwards. They see the Principal with a cross look on her face, her hands clasped together on her desk. Raina and Key could feel their hearts bursting out of their chests.

"Miss Oh, Mr. Kim, have a seat." offers the Principal. Key and Raina sit down, nervously waiting for the Principal's words.

"Why have you called for us?" asks Key.

"Because news has reached me that the two of you are dating? Am I right?" Now you know the Principal's not right. Key and Raina aren't dating. They're just pretending to be dating, just so that Raina will have something to show Minho and to prove to Minho that he's not the only one who can play polygamous. But I think Key took it a little too far.

"Y-yes?" Raina answers unsurely, looking nervously at Key. Key calmly looks at her and blinks.

"Oh? But you two know that this school is strict about public display of affection. It's alright for you two to date but please, know when and where to make love."

"Huh?" Key nervously asks. "What are you talking about?". The Principal raises her eyebrow and takes out an envelope with all the school documents. She opens it and fishes out 15 pictures of Key and Raina kissing and doing all sorts of things. This shocks Key and Raina as they never thought someone would take their pictures. The two see their pictures and Raina cries out loud, covering and this time, freely letting the tears flow. Her cheeks are streaked with mascara and Key places his hand on his forehead, stressfully trying to suppress the tears. So while Key's trying to internalize, Raina's bawling her eyes out.

"HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? WHO? WHO DID THIS?" Raina yells at the Principal. The Principal maintains her calmness and stares at Raina who is going nuts over the pictures. She takes them in her hands and angrily places them on the Principal's table. "WHO DID THIS?"

"I'm sorry Ms. Oh, but I am not allowed to disclose that person's identity. It shall remain a secret." This only makes Raina cry even harder. She falls to the floor crying. Key, on the other hand, embarrassedly tries to pick her up and calm her down. As if that wasn't enough, the Principal has more words for the two of them.

"And in addition to that, because the two of you violated a major campus rule, I hereby disqualify the two of you from the Talent Month competition." Key bites his lip and releases Raina. He stressfully leans on the door of the office before grabbing the knob to leave. Raina realizes that she is on the floor, bawling her eyes out and stands up. She glances at the Principal and angrily exits the Principal's Office. She bangs the door behind her and runs as fast as she can to the bathroom with dark eyeliner and mascara circles around her eyes and flowing from her eyes. She locks herself in a cubicle and weeps.

Key on the other hand, angrily prances around the campus banging every locker in sight. The students stop all their doings to stare at him and to shy away from him, fearing that he might grab them and unleash his anger on them. Key is nice when he's happy but when Key's angry, he's an entirely different person. Like the Hulk. I actually happen to pass by Key at the time and he looks at me. I fix my large, white-rimmed glasses and look at him back before sticking my nose into my notebook. But I feel Key's evil stare even though I am already several feet away from him. He's angry with everybody because I think he's holding everyone as a suspect. What that person did whoever he/she is (I think you already know because I've narrated it in the first part of this chapter) was wrong. But you know that person, she's always wrong and proud of it.

Ga In is walking down the hall with her hair bouncing like it's . She grabs a strand and twirls it around her finger while chewing bubblegum and blowing a bubble. The guys stare and the girls glare, yada yada. But if there's one guy who's not too pleased with Ga In, that's Key. Key knows what Ga In and Raina have going on and this just gives him hunches about the pictures. Ga In and Key cross paths and evilly glance at each other. However, their looks change after they have passed each other by. Key maintains his angry facial expression while Ga In goes from snobby and arrogant to guilty. She stops in her tracks and looks back at Key who keeps on walking. She looks down and shakes her head before looking up to walk on.

"What've I done?" thinks Ga In. Oh! And for the first time, Ga In's feeling guilty. She usually does bad things without feeling guilty.

Raina is still in the bathroom, sulking. Her white dress' sleeve is now black, pink, red, and all sorts of colors because of her makeup. Remind her to use waterproof mascara next time. Ga In enters the bathroom and hears Raina's wails, only making her feel more guilty about what she has done. She looks down and shakes her head before facing the mirror to re-apply her makeup with Raina's sobs as her background music. Each sob is filled with agony, regret, and guilt. Ga In can't help but tear up but she prefers to stick to what she said and to stand for what she just did.

"She's out of the competition now. You're gonna win. End of story." Ga In takes a deep breath and after a few retouches, she smiles and glances at the cubicle where the cries come from. She shrugs and laughs to herself. "See ya, don't wanna be ya!" Ga In dashes out of the bathroom and walks boastfully and proudly down the hall.

Sun Ye and Hye Lim have been looking for Raina but can't seem to find her. They see Key walking and approach him.

"Key! Have you seen-"Sun Ye is cut off by Key.

"NO! I HAVEN'T SEEN YOUR OF A FRIEND!" Key pushes Sun Ye away and walks off. Sun Ye rubs her arm and tells Hye Lim to look for Raina.

"We have to find Raina. Their names were broadcasted earlier." Sun Ye continues.

"I think she's in the bathroom. That's the place where she always hangs out." Hye Lim says.

Hye Lim and Sun Ye head to the bathroom and upon entering, a shrill cries and heartbreaking sobs greet them.

"That has got to be Raina." whispers Sun Ye. "There's no way you can deny the cry." Hye Lim nods and knocks on the cubicle door.

"Raina. Raina. Are you there?" Hye Lim calls gently.

"No! Raina's not here! Go away!" Raina shoos her friends.

"Raina, it's us. We want to talk to you." Hye Lim says

"How many times do I have to tell you, Raina is not here!" Sun Ye gets pissed and bangs on the cubicle door. God! Don't you hate it when Sun Ye's angry?

"Raina, now's no time to be childish. Open this goddamn door or I'm gonna bust in there and drag-" Raina opens the door. Sun Ye calms down and smiles at her friend who is seated on the toilet seat, her white dress turned black, her makeup all over her face, and her handkerchief a melting pot of colors.

"I'm here. In my messy glory! What do you want?" Raina answers.

"We want answers. What happened to you? What's going on?"

"Long story. It's best if you don-"

"We want answers." Sun Ye says with gritted teeth. Raina's lips shake and as soon as she feels the pressure rising to , she breaks down again.

"Ohhh God!" Hye Lim moans and gives herself a face palm.

"SUN YE! HYE LIM! I LOST EVERYTHING!" Raina buries her face in her hands. "FIRST, I LOST MY BOYFRIEND! HE'S CHEATING ON ME! SECOND, I LOST KEY! WE WERE CAUGHT MAKING OUT BY SOME WHO TOOK PICTURES OF US SECRETLY AND GAVE THEM TO THE PRINCIPAL! THIRD, I'M OUT OF THE ING COMPETITION!" Raina continues to bawl her eyes out. Sun Ye and Hye Lim feel for her so they go in the cubicle and comfort their friend.

"I mean, the Principal disqualified us from the competition! Because of the pictures! I am so stupid! Worst part of it is, my boyfriend, Minho, who's supposed to be comforting me, is nowhere to be found! I don't know where Minho is right now! I need him! Why isn't he here?"

"Raina, you have us. We're here for you!" Hye Lim says with a smile. Raina looks at her doubtfully and buries her face in her hands once more.

"That makes two of you! You girls are always here for me. But look what I lost! I lost my boyfriend, I lost my dignity, I lost the competition. I lost everything!"

"You know what, Raina? You don't need Minho." Sun Ye says.

"What do you mean, 'you don't need Minho'? I need Minho! He's everything to me!"

"If he's everything to you, where is he now? Yes, you proved that he's everything to you because you were there when he needed you. But now that you need him, where is he?" Raina falls into a deep silence.

"That's right." Sun Ye continues. "Because he's just using you. He's using you. But who does he love? He loves that Yuri girl!"

"I…" Raina starts. The two girls look at her awkwardly. "I don't give a damn. I don't care what you people think of us. What's important is he loves me and I love him-"

"FOR 'S SAKE RAINA!" Sun Ye curses out loud. "STOP THE SAPPY TALK! TO GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT, HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU! HE'S JUST USING YOU! HE LOVES YURI!" Raina cannot take it anymore. She stands up and runs away from her friends.

"WAIT!" Hye Lim and Sun Ye run after their friend. Raina-who is a colorful mess because of her makeup-runs down the corridors, attracting attention because of her appearance. Hye Lim and Sun Ye chase her and as soon as Raina gets to the Acting Department, a big scene greets her…

We're gonna cut this part for some suspense…

V.

Yuri, HyoYeon, Min, and some other dancers are practicing for their Talent Month competition against Gahee and her crew. Yuri dances the most energetically, maybe because she's inspired and excited for her date with Minho. Yuri has to admit, though, she's feeling something for Minho. It might not exactly be love but something's there for Minho. I mean, come on! Who can resist the Flaming Charisma that is Choi Minho (I'm not attracted to Minho so maybe I'm not a girl).

"Where the hell is Nicole?" asks HyoYeon.

"I don't know. She went to drink some water. I don't know why she hasn't returned yet." Yuri answers mindlessly, her focus on the dance and on her date with Minho.

Minutes later, Nicole comes bursting through the door, dazed and out of breath. The others gather round her, worried.

"What's wrong? Looks like you've just seen a ghost." Min says.

"KWON YURI!" Nicole yells while bent down. "DO YOU KNOW WHAT I SAW THIS MORNING? DO YOU?" Yuri looks at Nicole surprised and confused.

"What the hell are you saying?" Yuri asks.

"I saw…I saw your new friend…Choi Minho making out with some girl in the janitor's closet." Yuri stands up and walks to Nicole.

"Don't you dare spread rumors about Minho. He doesn't do that. He is not a playboy and he himself clarified that. He broke up with Raina, doesn't give a about her anymore, and we're going out on a date tonight." Yuri maintains.

"But you don't understand! Minho…he was making out with a girl… he even forced her to go with him to the janitor's closet."

"You're just making things up!" Yuri flares up. The entire dance class looks at her. They've never seen her this angry. "Why can't you accept that Minho and I like each other! Why? Are you the only person in this world that I should concentrate on?"

Well, Nicole has to admit, she is kind of jealous of the attention Minho's getting from Yuri. Nicole really likes Yuri as a friend and for Yuri, who's new in school, to completely ignore her because of a boy is just painful. So yeah, technically, Nicole wants Yuri to focus on the competition and on her friends, not on Minho. Part of me thinks that Yuri should really drop Minho and stop holding on to his words. I mean, who believes Choi Minho? Well, stupid and desperate girls do believe his words but Yuri isn't stupid neither is she desperate. She's new and she doesn't know any better about Minho. So to stay safe, I think it's best if she just listens to Nicole and take her advice, considering the fact that Nicole has been here longer than Yuri so she knows more.

But since Yuri is a girl of her own principles, one who never takes advices, she lashes back and insists on her beliefs. Nicole tries to talk Yuri out of it but to no avail.

"Yuri, listen to me please! This is not out of selfishness! It's out of selflessness, actually!" Nicole explains. "Minho is not a good man! He's a playboy! He's just saying that so he can play around with your feelings and leave you for good. Please Yuri, you're my friend! I don't want you to get hurt! Plus, I don't want this relationship of yours to affect our dance! Please Yuri! I beg of you!"

"You deserve an award for your stellar acting!" Yuri says sarcastically and walks away from dance practice. HyoYeon and Min try to stop her but she pushes them aside. "If you girls really are my friends, you'll support me in whatever decision! But since you're talking me out of something that's potentially harmless and even beneficial, then let me be the first to say that you are not true friends!' Yuri storms out of the studio and walks down the hallway. She heads to her locker and picks her things up and decides to go check on Minho in the Acting Department. However, she sees Raina standing at the door of the exact same room with a shocked look on her face. Wanting to hit back for the coldness that she received last time, Yuri snobs Raina but peers through the window just to check what Raina's so shocked about. What she sees almost made her drop her things.

Minho's not really doing his skit. He's in the acting room, forcing Nana to make out with him. The scene strikes Raina but strikes Yuri even more. Raina is used to Minho's casanovan ways and she sure knows how to live with them, but Yuri is relatively new to Minho and she believed what he told her last time. And now, here she is standing next to her so-called "rival" watching the guy they've been "fighting" over make out with a girl they don't even know. Raina stands there, all numb and cried out, her dress stained black. Well, not all though.

"There's your man." Raina says unmoved. Yuri looks at her with teary eyes, wiping them from time to time before they get the chance to flow from her eyes. "There's your boyfriend right there. Making out with another girl." Yuri takes a deep breath and says,

"B-but…"

"Yes. He is like that. He's always been a playboy. Ever since the day Ga-In left him, he's been going around hooking girls up and leaving them hanging either with a good sensation or a bad one. That guy is the most brutal guy here. I don't think he sees girls as humans. He sees us women as dolls. Dolls that you can do whatever you want with and throw away when you think it's "broken" or "old". That's what we are to him." Raina says in a dazed state. Yuri looks at her creeped out and confused.

"I don't understand. He said he didn't care about anyone but me. And that he changed his ways, and-" Raina turns to her and stares at her coldly.

"You go believe whatever you want to believe. I heard you're a stubborn, strong-willed girl. Maybe it's because you've never fallen in love before. Wait till you fall for someone, let's see where your strength will go." Raina walks away from her, leaving her in disbelief.

"It can't be. He's not cheating on me. He's just acting. Raina's just overreacting because Minho replaced her with me. Besides, why would he make out in a room where the door has a window, making them completely visible? He's just acting. Why should I believe Raina? She wasn't there when Minho told me he was faithful and he has changed. She can't speak for him. She doesn't care about him. For all I know, she's just bitter." Yuri maintains in her mind. It is clear that she's in a state of denial. She walks away and goes home to get ready for her date with Minho.

VI.

It's official. Seo Joo Hyun is now one of the most popular girls in school. So popular that it's pissing me off! And you know what pisses me off more? The fact that the guy I like is really close friends with her. It's so annoying. How is it that my sister, who's adopted and has just arrived, is so popular and me, who's been here for God-knows-how-long, is still unrecognized?

Even the popular girls love her! Ga In chats a lot with her. Gahee, Soo Young, and Hyun Ah think she's cool. Even Minho checked her out once! I used to be friends with those people and now look at me! Quiet, isolated, and down in the dumps.

And Talent Week is coming. Talent Week is coming and my sister's going to perform. Great! She's going to be even more popular! I have to do something to stop this.

Wait. I'm actually talking like a super villain! I'm supposed to be supporting my sister and I should be happy for her but instead, I feel jealous of her.

So I see her practicing the piano once more, and singing along with it. I smile slightly, proudly but the jealousy kicks in and I turn the smiley face into a frown. I stare at her. I try to think of the possible ways to put her down. She seems unstoppable. That fat face of hers! I just want to pop it.

What if I spread a rumor about her? Would that help? Yeah right! It'd help her become more popular.

What if I hook her up with Hyun Joong and tell…

No. I'm not even going to. I just need to find a fast, believable, and easy way. I thought of doing something that's so unforgettably traumatic she'll never show her face in this school again!

What if I align with the popular girls (Ga In, namely), kind of like re-join forces with my old popular girl friends and take a few bad shots of her, spread it, humiliate her and watch her popularity decline. And I will be on top of the world once more.

But I look at Seohyun once more, this time with a different mood and a different emotion brewing in me. I watch her innocently play the piano and sweetly sing her song. The sight of it warms my heart and makes me feel guilty about my thoughts. I pity her All she wants is to enhance her talent and possibly show it to the world. Although she's not my real sister, I should be supporting her because she still is my sister and she has a lot of potential in her. But jealousy and anger are such strong feelings. With them in you, you can't win.

Then in comes Choi Seung hyun with two cups of latte from the latte bar. Seohyun hears the door open and stoops playing for a while. I lean on the wall and eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Hi! What brings you here? Wow! Latte. For me? Thanks!" Seohyun takes the cup and places it on top of the grand piano. Seung hyun takes a sip from his cup and leans on the wall, looking at Seohyun admiringly.

"Nah, I just came to hear you sing and watch you play. Can't wait for that duet of ours." Seung hyun brings up the Talent Show competition. Seohyun's eyes widen.

"Oh! I don't know what we're gonna sing. What are we gonna sing, anyways?"

"It's just the most beautiful song I know." Seung hyun smiles. "Because I want to dedicate it to someone." Oh . He's gonna dedicate it to someone.

[song: "TTL" by T-ara and Supernova]

The tune is familiar. My ears widen at the sound of it I know that song from somewhere, my mind goes. I peer at the window and see them sitting really close to each other. Seohyun plays the piano gracefully and sings the first verse and as soon as the first verse ends, Seung hyun enters with his rap. I hate to say it, but their collaboration is very beautiful.

I can't be swayed. I can't. I must have Seung hyun for myself. Even if it means hurting my sister, I will. I've loved Seung hyun for so long that seeing him with my sister, even though they aren't dating, is just too much for me to bear. To me, Seung hyun is mine. He's been mine for 3 years.

"So you're dedicating this song to someone?" asks Seohyun innocently. Seung hyun takes his rimmed glasses off (which makes me melt) and answers, "Yes."

"Really?" Seohyun asks curiously. "To whom is it for?"

"You'll find out sooner." Seung hyun replies with a wink. I could only wish it was me. Seohyun tucks her hair behind her ear and continues her piano playing as I spy on them from behind the door.