White

Technicolor Love

 

White

 

Cold

 

Snow

 

It was early in the month of December, but you could feel it in the air. Christmas was coming. The streets were lit with string lights and decorations to reflect the holiday. His apartment was adorned in ornaments and garland. There was a tree, kind of scrawny, that leaned to the side from the added weight of the star on top. There was mistletoe right above the front door. Seunghyun's idea. Actually all of this was his idea. He stopped decorating years ago. And when he mentioned the fact, it was like he said that he had been deprived as a child from the festivities.

 

"What?! Hyung! We have to put up decorations! It's like the best part of the holiday! You get to decorate all night and eat cookies and laugh with each other and it looks so pretty with only the lights from the tree showing. How can you NOT decorate?! No we are going to the store right now to buy everything you need."

 

Normally he would have said that he lacked money. But he got a small part time job at a convenience store to manage his bills, and had a little left over.  He hated the idea of working for someone, but it's what he needed to do to survive.

 

 

 

As they put the finishing touches on the couch,(yes they had even decorated the couch because the younger said it looked bland with all the other pretty things hanging everywhere so they had tinsel going around the legs of the furniture) Seunghyun said he was hungry.

"Let's go out. My treat."

 

Sidewalks were busy with people doing their Christmas shopping. Subway vendors bargained with customers. Windows of shops had trees bathed in lights and ribbons. The snow fell and stuck to the beanie atop his head that covered his blonde fringe. Yes he was blonde now. His hair had been growing, refusing to cut it like he normally would have. He said it wasn't time yet. So he opted to dye it platinum blonde.

Seunghyun cut his hair. Instead of its normal teenage shag, he switched to a shorter cut with lighter streaks in the front. He denied trying to copy his hyung. He was simply showing his individuality. That was his story and he was sticking to it.

 

They arrived at a small restaurant that wasn’t as close to the apartment as the cafe they normally went to. It was a little nicer too. There was actual table linen.

 

He watched as the other sat across from him. He looked good. He had been working out lately. Spending more time at the studio to ready his students. His arms were filling out. Muscles forming. He wore dark washed jeans and a V-neck shirt with longer sleeves under a blazer. Scarf wrapped around his neck, and his sleeves were pushed up past his forearms. The veins in them were becoming more prominent. Under this light, he noticed just how gorgeous his muse was becoming.

 

They laughed at lame jokes and stupid hand games. Sure he looked more mature than when he had met the boy some three months ago, but he was still a kid. Even with his birthday right around the corner.

 

They finished an after meal cup of coffee and left. There was a large Christmas tree in the middle of a nearby park. People were surrounding it as a worker placed a huge star on top of it. Seunghyun's face lit up. He grabbed onto his hyung’s hand and began to run across the snow covered ground towards the tree.

"Come on hyung! Let’s go look!"

 

Approaching the tree, they heard the people begin a countdown from 10. They were reaching 6 when they finally arrived. The crowd became louder when they said 3. Seunghyun grabbed onto his hand a little tighter at 2. Ji Yong fell in love at 1. The tree lit up, and it seemed to fuel the smile on Seunghyuns face. Making it widen, if that was even possible. The colors from the lights illuminating the younger's skin, changing from white, to green, to red.  His eyes sparkled, the star's reflection almost center in his pupils.  Excitement was on his features. He cheered and laughed. He pointed at the tree like the child he was. Snow stuck in his hair, he looked like a Christmas angel. And with their hands still together, fingers intertwined, he was becoming his Christmas angel.

 

As they reached his apartment, the younger was still bouncing with happiness from the day’s events.

 

They never let go of each other, opting to stay close in the cold. The heat radiating from each other was too good for them to even think about separating. To be honest, Ji Yong was only using the cold as an excuse to keep Seunghyun’s hand deep in his coat pocket, with his own hand attached to it.

 

Opening the door, the room was dim. Only the lights from the tree showing in the room, causing glittered garland to sparkle in the darkness.

His apartment looked happy. It looked more like a home than it ever had.

"Aren't you glad I made you decorate?"

 

Ji Yong looked above them to find that piece of mistletoe hanging ahead.

 He smiled.

 "Yeah I am."

 

Seunghyun followed his gaze upwards to the decoration. Their eyes slowly connecting in the middle, they stared at each other.

"Hyung..."

Fingers still intertwined, he moved his exposed thumb across Seunghyun’s cheek and ran it across his bottom lip.  It felt good under his fingertip. He lifted the others chin gently, angling his face as he enclosed the gap between them.

 

Black

Blue

Pink

Yellow

White

Fireworks

Skin on skin. Lips on lips. Presses on presses. Labored breathes mingled together, the explosion of colors behind his eyelids were the most vibrant, most magnificent things he had ever experienced in his life. More than his first girlfriend. More than his first boyfriend. He felt this one deep in his bones. Tingling from all nerve endings. Body sizzling from the inside out. Their mouths moved at a slow but steady pace. They were feeling each other out. It was mostly lips. Tongues poking out for quick appearances. It was sweet.  Their noses bumped against each other and it was a bit awkward.  But to Ji Yong it was kind of perfect. Yeah it was definitely perfect.

 

He pulled back to look at Seunghyun, his eyelids fluttering open. His cheeks a full blown crimson. The most brilliant crimson he had ever seen before.

"Wow."

His laugh came from his gut. He covered his mouth with the back of his hand, his head thrown back, he felt this laugh. It was a laugh of pure joy.

"What?"

"Merry Christmas Seunghyun."

The younger’s radiant smile shining brighter than the lights on the Christmas tree.

"Merry Christmas hyung.