Gray

Technicolor Love

 

Gray

 

Wet

 

Clouds

 

The younger boy had asked him to meet him for coffee. He also hurriedly stated afterwards that it was NOT a date. No of course it wasn’t a date. Just the younger wanting to hang out with him. And of course Ji knew better by the way his cheeks flushed and how his eyes shifted that this was MORE than just hanging out. And maybe he was ok with that.

What he wasn’t ok with was the severe rain that showed up right as they left. Sure his apartment was the next block over but the younger wasn’t so lucky as to live so close by. So why not invite him over since he was so close and they were both soaked to the bone. He could stay until the rain let up right?

 

They ran down the sidewalk without umbrellas. Dipping under the awnings of stores when the rain got too heavy. Making a run for it like a couple of idiots when it slacked up slightly. Laughing like they were high when one of them just so happened to have fallen into a puddle that should have been labeled as a tiny lake. That damn thing should have had fish swimming in it. But Ji wasn't upset. No because the sound that came from Seunghyun, pure joy and happiness, sounded like the sweetest church bells.

 

It was clear that when they opened the door to his apartment, that he did indeed live alone. And that all the time he spent there was centered on his art. The sheets laid out everywhere, paints sitting on whatever surface possible. Even some balancing on a pizza box that was hanging off the side of the armrest of the couch. was that his underwear in the kitchen on the counter? He never realized how messy he was before. A partially eaten sandwich and empty beer cans strew about the place. He eyed Seunghyun from beside him. Praying that he wasn’t judging him too hard for his mess.

 

"Wow so this is where you live? It's so cool! Look at it!"

 

He would be impressed by this crappy place. Kids.

 

He noticed how the other began to shiver a bit. His nose turned red at the tip.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sorry all I have are t-shirts and sweats. They should fit you..."

"No it's perfect! They look so warm. I'm freezing right now."

He took off his shirt in the middle of the conversation. Ji Yong stopped listening. Does this kid have no shame? Just because he had abs...and looked well built for his age....skin a little more tanned than most. He was teenager scrawny. But a fit type of scrawny none the less. His arms flexed as he put his arms through the sleeves of the dry shirt first and pulled the bottom over his head. The hem falling slowly downward over his chest...his waist. Like a curtain closing on a peep show.

Wait what?

Then the pants were being ed...He turned his head quickly and shook it to clear his mind.

No shame at all.

 

 

"So do you?"

He forgot that Seunghyun was even talking for a moment. Which is saying a lot since all he did was talk.

"Huh? Do I what?"

"Hyung! I asked if you had anything to eat!"

He laughed to himself. "Yeah. It isn't much but yeah."

"Good!" He watched wet sock clad feet run and almost slip into the kitchen. Short fingers open up every cabinet until-

"Oh my God hyung! This is the biggest stash of ramyeon ever! God I could live here and never be hungry! You know how much I love this stuff? I can never get enough of it! My mom always said I would never starve because of how much of this I eat. I even mastered different ways to make it so I wouldn't ever get tired of it. My favorite meal ever!"

 

He would.

 

"I'll cook. You go change before you get sick. Then I'd have to take care of you because we both know you would be miserable and alone and did you know that honey is an antiseptic? And when you put it in tea and drink it while it’s super-hot that you are doing your throat a favor?"

 

Yep he had definitely found his muse