Blue

Technicolor Love

 

Blue

 

Sweat

 

Music

 

The two were inseparable. If they weren't together, they were texting. If they weren't texting, they were together. It was just that simple.  He was visiting Seunghyun at the studio. It was his first time and he found that watching the boy teach was actually....fun.

 The A team they called themselves. They called him Seungri.

Victory.

He was clad in sweats and a blue shirt with the sleeves jaggedly cut off and nearly hanging off his small frame. Wrists covered in sweat bands. He was showing the kids the new 8-count for the studio showcase in January.

 

"Ok let's do it again!"

 

The group let out a unified protest.

 

"But we don't wanna do it anymore!" A little girl in the far back said with a whine

 

A boy in the middle of the group added in his thoughts "Yeah we're tired!"

The rest all chimed in their "yeah's" and their "I wanna go home now's".

 

"But-"

 

"Hey Seunghyun!"

 

The kids all watched as this new man came to speak to their instructor.  The boys noticed how he was oddly dressed. The girls all noticed how incredibly handsome he was. But they all kept quiet. Somewhat.

 

"How about we call it a day and let the little ones go? Hmm? Besides I haven't had my Seungri play time today."

 

"Who are you?" A tiny boy asked. The rest leaned in to get a better look at the newcomer.

"Oh! This is Ji Yong Hyung! Hyung, these are my students. Say hi!"

 

"Hi there.  I'll be hanging around a lot more to visit you guys. So please take care of me!"

The little girls all screeched with excitement, the boys all bowing in respect to their new hyung.

"Ji Yong oppa? How do you know Seungri oppa? Are you oppa’s boyfriend?"

 

They both turned red at the statement. Hands fiddling with garments that now seemed to bother them both at the same time; feet shuffling on the floor.  

 

"Eww you're so stupid. Boys don't have boyfriends."

One kid from the group pointed towards the girl who asked the question.

 

"Yeah they do! My brother has a boyfriend! He's pretty like a girl only his voice is deeper."

Another little girl came to her friend’s defense, sticking her tongue out to the boy.

 

"No he doesn't I don't believe you! You're such a liar."

The boys and girls all began arguing about the difference between a girlfriend and a boyfriend and why boys weren’t “allowed” to date other boys.

"Hey hey hey! Class dismissed! Go get your stuff and go home!" That was exactly what they needed to hear from their teacher to get them to stop bickering. It was almost like they started the fight on purpose...

 

The room was booming with cheers and chatter. The girls talking about their new hair ribbons and colored pens. The boys plotting on how to scare them when they came out of the locker room. Normal children stuff.

 

Ji smiled as he was being left with the biggest kid of the group.

 

"Why exactly are you here?"

 

"No hi? No hug? No 40 questions?"

 

Seunghyun smiled and hugged his friend. "Hi hyung."

 

"Much better."

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

They were seated on the worn leather couch. Eating ramyeon. This time with egg, bean sprouts, pepper flakes, and sesame oil added. Seunghyun wasn't lying when he said he loved it and knew different ways to make it. This was so much better than his normal hot water...

 

"So hyung" His mouth was full as he spoke, broth dribbling down his chin.

Cute.

"Why did you want to be an artist?"

Ji Yong thought out his answer as he chewed. "Well....it's sort of my release. "

Seunghyun's head was tilted a bit to the side in a silent question, signaling for the other man to continue.

 

He sighed. "When I was in middle school, I had a hard time fitting in."

 

"Did you dress weird back then too?"

 

He sighed and shook his head.

"No I mean, I didn't have many friends. See, I kept to myself a lot. I was the only child. Daddy worked all day and night and mommy was his assistant. Had lots of servants to call me sir. I hated it. Hated being a Kwon. So I kept quiet.  By high school, I attracted all the girls for some reason. I guess the quiet mysterious type was ideal at my school. The guys hated me. I fought a lot back then. Mostly me bleeding everywhere. But I didn't care. They couldn't hurt me anymore than my own family had by ignoring me right? School art teacher pulled me aside one day. I was actually walking with a busted lip because a guy said I was flirting with his girlfriend. Anyway he told me to visualize my emotions, and to put them to canvas. I guess I've been doing it ever since."

 

"Hmm....but the day I met you, you were drawing grass. Is grass an emotion?"

 

He couldn't help but laugh. "No it's not. But I hadn't sold many pieces in a while. Scenery sells easier than my normal emotional pieces."

 

"What do your parents think about your paintings? Do they like them?"

 

"That's another no. Well my dad called them amusing. He prefers that I would take over the business. You know be the next Kwon to become the Chairman. My mom called them disturbing one night she walked in on me. I'm sure I looked crazy. Hands full of red and black paint. Face smeared with gray. I think I had just broken up with my first love? I'm not sure. But she has always supported my decision no matter what."

 

"That's dumb! Hyung he can't make you be what he wants! That's not fair! My mom tried to make me eat things other than ramyeon when I was little. I wouldn’t. I would refuse and I told her that it was my decision and that maybe we could have both. She eventually realized that I knew what I wanted and compromised with me by adding stuff to it. That's why I'm such a good ramyeon cook. Parents don't always know best. They just have deep rooted suggestions for you. That's all."

 

"Did you really compare my story to having a for ramyeon?"

Ji laughed. As silly as it sounded, what seunghyun was saying made sense. Sorta.

 

The younger revealed his toothy grin and nodded his head. He slurped the remains of his food and tilted the bowl back so that he could get all of it. Chin covered in access, lips glistening from the sesame oil, he his lips to get the last taste of what was once a full bowl.

 

His muse was ing adorable.

 

He didn’t want to admit it but he was attracted to the fast talking kid with dark circles. He was attracted to the way he in his breath through his teeth when he told a story. He was attracted to his crazy loud laugh that always got attention from passersby. He found his super cheeky smile cute. His love for his students. His love for dance. His love for ramyeon.  Cute