Time Well Spent

Stethoscopes and Heartbeats

As annoyed as you were about spending your time with Shinwoo, it was awfully nice of him to take you around. 

"Gelato, let's get gelato" He grinned, crossing his arm over his chest happily. Shinwoo paused the second he saw your face. 

You rolled your eyes, "Um, Dr. Shinwoo, it's winter right now" 

He huffed, hugging his arms closer to his chest. "You're right.. but we can get frozen yoghurt. It helps with the immune system" 

A scoff left your lips upon noticing his desperate pout, "Idiot.." 

Shinwoo beamed, throwing an arm around your shoulder as he led the way. A bell rung above you as you entered the shop, alerting the cashier who had been sitting a little too casually. 

"Hello, welcome to Yogogo" 

While you scoffed at the name, Shinwoo stepped forward with a happy smile. 

"Hi, I'd like to ge-" 

"Would you like to play a little game, sir" The cashier said all of a sudden, cutting Shinwoo off. The two of you raised your eyebrows but she merely continued. "Okay, so the game is that you have to order for each other. The right flavour and the right toppings. But you have to be honest, and if you both get it right, it's free" 

"That's easy" You laughed, "Wouldn't you get bankrupted if people constantly ordered the right thing?" 

The cashier shook her head, "We have over fifty flavours, not to mention amount of toppings we have" 

"So it's luck. If you get it right, then you have some kind of luck right?" Shinwoo asked. 

"You have to guess purely out of love and fate. You should know your girlfriend and what she would order, and vice versa" She explained, but it had only gotten the two of you slightly flustered. 

"He's n-" 

"Let's get started!" The cashier grinned, handing the two of you a napkin to write down what they would like. Once she received them, she clasped her hands together. "Would the lady like to go first?" 

You looked at Shinwoo who turned around, "Fine. Uh... order, that, with a whole lot of that" Pointing at the green tea flavour along with the gummy bear toppings. 

"Not even thinking about it thoroughly? You're one brave girl" She joked, "And for the sir?" 

You spun around as Shinwoo chose for you. Once the orders were made, the cashier called it out. 

"Green tea with double shots of gummy bears, watermelon with passion fruit topping"

Without hesitating, both you and Shinwoo stepped forward instinctively, the cashier smirking all too knowing. You glanced at him, shocked while Shinwoo looked unphased.

"Here you go" The cashier gave you both your orders, along with your napkins. "Have a good night" She greeted, waving her hands happily. 

As Shinwoo began to turn around, she called. "And if the two of you aren't already dating, you should think about it again" 

A blush appeared on your face as you hung your head but the young doctor just called back over his shoulder, "I've been her's for a long time now" 

"Ya!" 

Shinwoo shrugged, "I'm not lying" 

Rolling your eyes, you glanced down at your napkin and then back at your order, "How did you know that I wanted watermelon and passion fruit?" She asked, completely baffled. 

Shinwoo shrugged, "I guess, I just remembered" He smiled before taking a spoonful into his mouth. 

*

"Oh gummy bears, how I've missed thee in my mouth" Shinwoo let out a laugh before he nudged your arm gently. You looked up to see his cup, offered and colourful. Without hesitating, you dipped your spoon in and took an appropriate amount of frozen yoghurt. 

After a moment of letting the taste sink into your taste buds, you nodded lightly.

"Green tea's okay, but.. I prefer watermelon" You grinned at him, holding your own cup towards him. 

Shinwoo did the same, taking both a suitable amount of topping and yoghurt.

"Watermelon's... actually really nice" He said happily, nodding his head as his eyes turned into crescent moons. 

"Really?" You asked incredulously, knowing he was all too addicted to his usual order to ever consider anything else. 

He nodded, "But... the lack of gummy bears is disappointing" 

You laughed, pushing him gently as the two of you made your way towards your front door. "Thank you... for this" 

Shinwoo shrugged, "It's okay, I was happy to spend time with you" 

Before you could reply, the front door swung open and Jinyoung stood with his arms on his hips. 

"Oh dear lord, here comes the drama queen" You groaned, walking to Jinyoung. 

"Where have you guys been?" He asked, exasperated. "I've been trying to call you all day" 

"We were out oppa, and my phone was off" You explained. 

"B-But why did you come so late huh? Why were you out for so long?" He interrogated, crossing his arms over his chest, offended. 

"It's your fault for ditching" Shinwoo laughed, offering some yoghurt to Jinyoung who took it gratefully. 

"But my skin!" He complained seconds before he stuffed his mouth with the rest of Shinwoo's dessert. 

"Yeah, yeah you're skin" Shinwoo replied, "You eat so messily, let me clean it up or your face will up the oil and more pimples" He joked.

"Hold on" You cut in before he could move. Shinwoo and Jinyoung raised their eyebrows at you but you smiled sheepishly. 

"Uh.. can I have the napkin? I mean... for memories. It's the first time I won a game like that" You explained, slightly embarrassed. Shinwoo beamed, handing you the napkin with his order. 

"On one condition" He added as you looked down at the napkin. "We go on more of these...dates" 

Jinyoung coughed, having choked. "Excuse me, dates? The two of you aren't having any dates without me present. So it's on my condition" 

Rolling your eyes, you laughed. "Yeah, yeah oppa you can come" 

"Oppa. Damn, that should've been one of my conditions" Shinwoo mumbled to himself. You slapped his chest playfully, catching him by surprise. 

"Then I wouldn't have taken the napkin" 


Unfortunately, this wasn't my best. I just wanted to update but hey, we need at least one bad chapter in our stories right? Anyways, I love comments so please make my day! Also, subscribe if you wish. Until then!

@jennifer1801: I'm sorry for not updating love, and I pray this suffices! I'm glad you like this story, keep reading~

@saranghaeyo111: Ahh, thank you! I'm glad you like the story! Please keep commenting, and thank you for subscribing!

@LovesYoseob: Thank you for commenting love!

@pwincesso8: I hope these Shinwoo moments are satisfying, as silly as they are! Please keep reading :)

image

@jennifer1801: Yes, this stupid boyyyy is ma love hahaha! Yay! Another CNU fan, we shall love him together!

For those silent readers and subscribers, don't be afraid to comment! I won't bite and I think I have pretty cool gifs to reply to you with. But I'm not forcing you into anything. Thank you for reading, and until then!

Have some sekshi Jinyoungie