38

Gambling Lies

 

 “So let’s stop seeing each other,” I said ever so calmly, though on the inside, my almost-healed heart shattered for another time this month.

            “Lina…I was going to tell you…”

            “Tell me when?” An empty laugh escaped my lips. “Never. Probably the day when I die, right? No, that’s it Yong Sook. I honestly can’t stand liars.

            “It’s over.” I looked at Yong Sook before mumbling. “I’m sorry.” And I ran.

****

             “So did you place it where I asked you to?” A tranquil voice rang around the room as the owner of the voice calmly spun a pen in his hand.

            “Yes sunbae. I placed it in visible sight so that she could easily discover the envelope.”

            “Do you think she saw it?”

            “I have men stationed in the Axels’ territory. They’re supposed to hand me hourly reports, but nothing new has popped up yet.”

            “Notify me when something does pop up.”

            “Yes sunbae. I’ll be leaving now.”

            “Watch your step when you go out.”

****

            “Where the is Myungsoo.” Yong Sook growled after entering the Inspirits’ bar. He knew he could locate Myungsoo here and this was all thanks to his sources that had their eyes on every gang in Seoul. Sunggyu approached Yong Sook with Woohyun and Dongwoo quickly following behind.

            “Yong Sook-ssi, what do you think you’re doing here.” Sunggyu eyed Yong Sook.

            “You honestly shouldn’t be here.” Woohyun took a hasty step forward, his arms reaching out to grab Yong Sook’s arms.

            “Once L sees you, you’ll be toast.” Dongwoo nodded, taking one arm from Woohyun’s grasp.

            “You’re not welcomed here, Yong Sook.” Sunggyu summed up. “Leave.”

            “Then let me be toast,” Yong Sook clenched his jaw. “I lost Lina because of Myungsoo’s mischievous doings. If it weren’t him for being jealous and selfish, he wouldn’t have the need to break us apart.”

            “What the are you talking about, Yoon Yong Sook.” Woohyun knew the general meaning of Yong Sook’s words, but nevertheless, Myungsoo was still his best buddy. And best buddies stuck up for each other.

            “Lina broke up with me! It’s all because of Myungsoo. All because of him. Where the is he?!” Yong Sook wildly thrashed around before tearing his arms from Woohyun and Dongwoo.

            “If he isn’t too much of a coward, he should be right here, facing me.” Yong Sook pointed to the vacant space in front of him.

            Myungsoo’s tired voice reached everybody’s ears before Myungsoo showed up from the door at the back of the bar. “I’m here, so what do you want, you little son of a gun.”

            “You little-“ Yong Sook sprang like a cheetah, as if he was pouncing on his prey. He pinned Myungsoo against the wall, gripping his hand tightly around Myungsoo’s delicate neck. “I can snap your neck into pieces or give you a small concussion. Your choice, Kim Myungsoo.”

            “Hey, let go, Yoon Yong-“ Sunggyu, Woohyun and Dongwoo advanced forward, ready to remove Yong Sook from Myungsoo at any time.

            “It’s fine.” Myungsoo strained a small smile, though he had a hard time talking with all the air getting blocked in his throat. “This is our business, and strictly our business only.” His eyes then glued onto Yong Sook. “If you’re smart enough to not make any rash decisions at this critical moment, I suggest you hold back your fists.”

            “What the are you talking about, Kim Myungsoo?”

            “My brother’s back.”  

****

            “I’m honestly very hurt that you didn’t save me back in Hong Kong, Myungsoo.”

            “Jae Joong, cut to the chase. What do you want?”

            “Why do you always assume that everytime I call you, there’s something bad that will happen?”

            “Because I just do. What do you want with me?”

            “I’m back in Korea, my lovely brother. Do visit me sometime. If not, I’ll be sure to visit you, for I know you are one busy gangster, are you not?”

            “…”

            “By the way, how are things going with Choi Lina?”

            “Hyung, you better not do anything with her.” By addressing Jae Joong in this way, Myungsoo reminded him to keep his distance away from his own personal life.

            “I won’t. Just a few friendly checkups on her.” 


Super short chapter, super sorry for that. I've been booked this entire week and I dearly miss spring break. I missed a few classes for summer school, which a lot. D: Anyway. Hope you guys enjoyed this although it was very short. I'll try to update tomorrow if I have time.