A Visit

We Got Married with EXO's Baekhyun?

CHAPTER 38: A Visit

 

"I was humiliated."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"They told me I'm a ."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"They didn't understand me."

 

"I'm sorry." It was his nth time of saying sorry for the night. After the talk, you decided that you'll tell him what happened after he left you, pregnant. "I'm really sorry."

 

"They didn't know what I was going through. Who were they to judge? To tell me names?" You complained to him. He was sitting beside you, a meter distance between you two. You had your knees in your chest and your hands intertwined in your knee cap while Baekhyun... he was looking down the whole time you told him your story.

 

"My Mom and Dad were supportive of me, for that I was glad. I can never take humiliation from my own blood." You smile at the thought of your parents. "They're not mad at you if you are wondering. They may be at first but they understand you, even if you didn't explain to them."

 

"I'm glad," the relief wash through him like water in fire but it was only for a second for he suddenly felt guilt in him again. "But I'm still sorry."

 

"Stop saying you're sorry. Prove it to me instead."

 

"I will. I promise you."

 

"Don't make promises too. I may trust you but not your promises."

 

"I'm sorr-"

 

"I said enough, right." You looked over at him and he was still hanging his head low. "Look at me."

 

He hesitated for a bit before looking at you in the eyes. His were glassy compared to your gentle ones and you felt sad and pity on him for you can never take away the guilt that is in him. All you can do was smile reassuringly and pat his back which he cringed at, "Why are you patting my back? Am I just your friend?"

 

Your eyebrows met in confusion and you debated for a while if he is still an enemy to you. No, of course he is not. "Are you not my friend?"

 

He huffed in response and you can see that he is already lightening a little bit. "Of course I'm not your friend! I am your man, you are my lady. Don't treat me like a companion!"

 

You can only laugh at his silly persuasion. "Really?"

 

In a blink, he was already hovering over you, his hands had pinned yours down and you can feel his breath in your own lips. "Do you want me to prove it to you?"

 

You didn't back down though. Instead, you tilted your head to the side and made eye contact to him for you know that he can never do anything that will go against your will, "and how are you supposed to that?"

 

You can feel his lips brush against yours when he spoke. But that didn't surprised you, what surprised you was his answer.

 

"I'll take care of you and I'll never do anything to hurt you. I will fight for you because I know that you feel the same way as I do. I'll take responsibility for all the things that I have done and of course, take care of our child which we beared not out of drunkness and lust, but out of love."

 

You didn't know what has gotten into you, but you pecked his lips. Of course, it surprised both of you and you just stared there at each other, both wide eyed and unmoving before you spoke and pushed him, "I'm sorry."

 

You stood up and made your way upstairs, "I'll be going to bed now. Good night."

 

 

You woke up when a loud bang downstairs was heard. You stretched and squinted your eyes at the sun, wait wait wait…

 

Why am I in bed?

 

You remembered sleeping in the floor blanket last night because of the deal with this variety show but how the heck did you end up sleeping in the comfy bed?

 

Oh, Baekhyun.

 

Speaking of Baekhyun, where is he? Is he the one making noises downstairs?

 

Because of the suspicion, you decided to go downstairs and was greeted by the staffs. You bowed politely and smiled brightly at them, "Good morning."

 

Once you reached the living room, they told you to start the filming by clapping once. Baekhyun already started his an hour ago, they said and without further ado, you counted to three and clapped.

 

But then you realized your face was bare and you still have bed hair so with the thought of bad image, you went to the bathroom with a camera man following you. You washed your face and brushed your teeth before combing your hair and tying it in a bun.

 

"Is this your daily routine?" The camera man asked and you smiled and nodded. "Yes, but when we have a schedule, I'll just usually take a bath and change."

 

"Do you have any plans for today? Hyun Ji was sent to school by Baekhyun earlier." Your eyes widened in shock before you wiped your face with a face towel. Baekhyun sent Hyun Ji to school? Alone? What the heck. He should've woke you up!

 

So ignoring the question of the camera man, you dashed to the kitchen where Baekhyun is. He was making pancakes you supposed. "Hey, Baekhyun."

 

His head shot up at your sudden presence and a small smile immediately lit up at his face. He turned and his smile dropped when he saw your irritated expression. "Hey, what's up?"

 

You frowned and walked to where he is, "I heard you sent Hyun Ji to school, alone."

 

He nodded and tilted his head to think, "Yeah, is there any problem with that?"

 

You huffed and puffed your cheeks in irritation. Can he not really get it? "You should've woke me up. We're both parents, we're supposed to do things together, right?"

 

Baekhyun was trying to hide the smile on his face and for a moment he forgot that there were camera men filming them. "I'm sorry. But I thought you were tired so I didn't wake you up."

 

You frowned and nodded, forgiving his little mistake. He has a good reason so you let it slip - just like how you forgave him last night because he has a good and acceptable reason. Also because you know that he always stayed loyal to you.

 

"I'll never repeat the same mistakes again."

 

 

"So, how do you find the pancakes?" Baekhyun asked while you're munching on the breakfast he had made. He made pancakes with strawberries and raspberries. You contemplated on whether you should tell him that it tastes good or that it tastes great.

 

"It's wonderful." You smiled and gave him a small nod of acknowledgement. Your answer was definitely nt in the choices. It was out of instict, you're not really used to saying lies so instead, you told the truth.

 

He beamed and continued eating his breakfast. It wasn't long until the two f you finished and you stayed in the dining table to talk about the plans today. "Hyun Ji is actually on a school trip today. He won't be home until late afternoon." He informed and you nodded.

 

You hope that Hyun Ji will be alright.

 

You haven't replied to Baekhyun when a staff approached the two of you. "Hyun Jae,  I think we can't do recording for today. The head producer called and said that we have to film another couple because the filming staffs assigned to them were on holiday."

 

 

You looked over at Baekhyun and noticed that the staffs were already packing. "We understand. Please be safe!"

 

The staff nodded an wished you and Baekhyun a great day but Baekhyun stopped her and asked, "When will you be back?"

 

"Maybe after 3 days. Remember to send Hyun Ji to school, okay? We'll leave you guys a car." Just what the heck. All of the sudden. For 3 days? Alone with your own family. Joy!

 

Not long after, the staffs have already left home and you were once again alone with Baekhyun. "So.." he started and fiddled with the hem of his shirt.

 

"So?" You answered back and continued on eating. "Do you have any plans for today? I'll accompany you."

 

He grimaced at your word, "Accompany? Arwen, please don't be too formal on me. We're trying to work things out and if you still don't trust me then..."

 

"I trust you." You answered and finished your plate. You wiped your mouth and placed the napkin in the table. "Besides, after everything you know it's hard to get used to being with you again."

 

He sighed sadly before stacking your plate with his, "I know. But at least try?"

He stood up and went to wash the dishes while you stayed sitting in the dining chair.

 

"You know that's exactly what I'm doing." You stated before standing up and cleaning the table. You like this atmosphere. Even though you are talking seriously about different matters, the atmosphere is still comforting and serenity to you.

 

Well Byun Baekhyun to you is your delicate lullaby. He lulls you to sleep and serendipity. He gives you a rhythm of love which you can follow easily. He embraces you in a comfort only he can give and only you can receive. His delicate touches are like leaves falling in autumn. That's what he was to you before.

 

But now, Byun Baekhyun is your midnight kiss. He is your own destruction and comfort. His touches are gentle and feathery. He is the sweetest of all. His eyes caress yours like the moon. He is so perfect and on time, and he never disappoints, or at least you hope so.

 

After Baekhyun finished the dishes he walked to the kitchen frame and peeked to where you are - in the living room watching television. He smiled to himself and touched his lips with the thought of your peck last night - it was his first kiss after a long time. Never had he thought about having such a sweet feeling in him after what happened in his past relationship. He never thought he can feel those lips on his again, and it gave him tingles like the ones he felt before.

 

To him, you are his leaves in autumn. You look so delicate, fragile and graceful - but your true colors are hidden somewhere in summer. You fall easily to anything and anyone. Your colors may change, but it will always come back when it is the right season.

 

He can never love anyone else than you. He can never look the same way to anyone the way he looks at you. He can never touch anyone like you. He can never kiss anyone like you. He wants you and only you.

 

"Baekhyun!"

 

He blinked a couple of times before shaking his head, snapping back to reality. "H-huh?"

 

"Are you alright? You look lost." You asked in English, chuckling while holding the remote. You're trying to hold in your laugh while looking at his dumbfounded face, trying to comprehend the English sentence you said.

 

He shook his head and walked to your direction before answering in broke English. "No. I'm find, thank you."

 

That did it. You laughed out loud, almost crying while holding your stomach. His answer was actually so accurate even though it sounded so wrong. He looks lost, but no he is find. You can never forget that. You didn't even know what got into you that you asked him in English but you don't regret it.

 

"Yah," He pinched your nose and sat down next to you. "I have a plan for today."

 

"What is it?"

 

He smiled at you ever so lovingly while stating, "Let's go to your parents' home."

 

Silence. Only the television could be heard as you widen your eyes and gape at him. Go to your parents' home? What for?

 

After a few seconds of contemplating you finally managed to say, "Why would you want to go to my parents' home?"

 

He doesn't look confused and disturbed by the fact that he wants to go out there and meet your parents who he hasn't seen in years. "I haven't seen them for a while and besides, after what I have done before I should definitely apologize, right?"

 

"Oh," was all you managed to say as his reasonable suggestion sink into you. He actually has a point. You never thought that Baekhyun would actually, out of all choices that he could choose from, chose to visit your parents instead.

 

What a sweetheart.

 

Baekhyun nodded and grinned, "What do you say?"

 

You looked at him and grinned back, "Sure, let's get changing."

 

 

"Is it still the same?" Baekhyun asked as the car drove past the long road of Korea. The drive to your home takes a lot of hours and you were glad that Baekhyun is here to accompany you this time.

 

You bite your lip and nodded, "Besides the fact that your old house is already occupied by another family - yeah it is still the same."

 

Baekhyun replied with a nod but never go to further explanations. You actually expected him to tell you where they moved, how his parents are since you never get to talk about them ever since the two of you started meeting again.

 

When you noticed that you were on the familiar street of your town, you immediately grew excited. Since it is summer, a lot of stalls have already opened. You remembered how you and Baekhyun used to spend your weekends walking around the town eating, playing, and just happily watching families spend their day and dream about your future.

 

Nostalgia.

 

Your thoughts were cut off by the screeching of the car followed by a curse coming from Baekhyun. You held onto your chest and looked over at Baekhyun who us just as shocked at you were. You followed his gaze and when you saw what that he was looking at nothing, you calmed down, glad that no one was hurt.

 

"What happened?" You checked if he was okay and when he was still not responding, you touched his shoulder and he flinched at the contact. "Hey, calm down."

 

He breathed and turned the car engine off, "I'm fine. It's just that.." He looked outside and checked the familiar surroundings. "We're home."

 

You looked outside too and the familiar feeling of warmth spreads over you as you saw your mom watering her flowers in the front yard. All the worry you had for Baekhyun has disappeared and you grabbed his arm, "Let's go."

 

Baekhyun suppressed a smile and opened the car door only to be met by the familiar fresh air and silence that never fails to calm his heart. He suddenly missed the way it was before - being an idol wasn't really his dream before but look at how passionate he is right now. Being an artist isn't easy, he never gets to do whatever he used to do and it is also the reason why his father’s greed for money before made him leave you.

 

“Mother!”  You immediately shouted once you were out of the car. Your mother looked back to see a familiar face smiling and waving at her, she immediately smiled warmly at her daughter and turned off the water hose before exiting the front yard. You gave her a big hug which she gladly accepted, “I missed you, Ma.”

 

She was to reply but pulled back when another familiar face showed up from the other side of the car. She stood there in shock but snapped when the man bowed deeply and stood up to meet her eyes, “Oh my gosh…”

 

“Good morning Mrs. Park.” He greeted formally and kissed the said woman in the cheek.

 

“Baekhyun… welcome back.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dearests,

Hello! I was supposed to post this on Valentine's Day but nah, ain't nobody got time for that. So I hope you enjoyed this update and I also hope that I didn't disappoint you guys or made you wait for a long time or if this chapter is too short for your liking hahahha. Anyways, I hope I can update soon, thank you for all your lovely comments!

Leave me comments, suggestions, requests, guesses, opinions, and encouraging words in the comment box and I will be glad to read them. Thank you and have a lovely day!

also... Advance Happy Valentine's day!

LOVE,
L.