Sooyoung and Siwon || The Eiffel

Christmas All Over The World

The Eiffel Tower had always been majestically grand and breathtakingly beautiful.

Christmas made it all the more.

                Every small Christmas light on the tower shone elegantly and anyone who saw it was always left in awe. Choi Siwon was one of them. He stood a couple of meters away from the foot of the iconic landmark, dressed snuggly in all black as he stared at the glittering lights. It was an unbelievable sight.

                The snow was pouring gradually from the sky and a quick glance at his wristwatch told him that the time was near. It was cold. He was getting tired from standing and walking around and he was sure it was going to be all worth it at the end. He knew her too well and therefore, he was certain that she was going to pass by the tower on her way home.

                Siwon rubbed his gloved hands together to create some friction; his mind racing as he tried to figure out what to say to her. There was so much he wanted and needed to say but he knew this wasn’t the right time or place. But he had to at least say something when their paths finally crossed again; something that last happened almost two years ago.

He turned his head and it was like his heart knew before the rest of his body did.

                She was still pretty far away yet he was certain it was her. Like him, she hugged her trench coat close to her slim frame as she walked; her boots perfect of the weather. She had a purse slung to her shoulder, her chocolate brown locks held up in a bun. It was like he had just seen her yesterday or a while ago instead of nearly two years.

                A big part of him had wanted to run to her, to let her know that he was there but he forced himself to stay put. ‘Good things come to those who wait,’ he reminded himself and right now, that was all her wanted. He wanted to know if he was right about her. He wanted to know if she really was going to stop by the tower.

Siwon wanted to know if she was still holding onto his promise.

                Before she had left two years ago, he had made her a promise. Her send off in the airport with Heechul, Sungmin, Sunny, Jessica, and everyone else wasn’t going to be the last time they would see her. One day, when all was well, he was going to come to Paris and he was going to come and see her. She had joked that he was just coming to see the Eiffel Tower in person but he had earnestly shaken his head.

“The Eiffel Tower won’t be as beautiful to me if you aren’t there.”

                It had taken him nearly two years to fulfil that promise and he knew it was so selfish of him to hope that she held on to it… but he hoped nonetheless. His heart beat raced as she neared and slowly yet surely, her features were becoming clearer and clearer as the distance between them lessened. He was right; she was headed for the tower.

                All thoughts flew out of his mind when her gaze found his in the crowd and in an instant, he saw the myriad of emotions that crossed her beautiful face. Siwon smiled in a way that betrayed his nerves, holding his breath as he waited for her reaction once realization sunk in. It did sink in after a moment or two and he saw the tears that welled up in her eyes and how her hand came up to cover .

“So what do you think of the tower now that you’ve seen it yourself?” She had asked once she was close enough for him to hear.

Her shrugged casually. “I stand by what I said before.”

“What’s that?” She knew the answer but she wanted to hear the words straight from him.

“It’s more beautiful now that you’re here.”

 


Prompt: France

 

Happy Holidays to all Guardians out there!