Sooyoung and Jaejoong || Boxing Day

Christmas All Over The World

“Kim Jaejoong, what are you doing?”

“What do you mean?” He paused long enough to give his friend a questioning look before he went back to browsing the aisles. “What do you think I’m doing? I’m shopping.”

Yunho rolled his eyes. “I can see that. What I meant was, why are you putting so much on thought on what you’re giving Sooyoung for Christmas? You weren’t like that when you were buying gifts for everyone else.”

The slightly older of the two men kept his attention pointed solely on the merchandise before him. “Well… She’s done really well as the head of the maids in the house. She deserves it.”

“How about you just cut the crap and admit that you love the woman?”

Jaejoong shot him a look again. “Now you’re being really, really weird, Jung.”

“There’s nothing wrong if you do.” His best friend raised his hands in defense. “Who knows? She might be in love with you too.”

He stared at him for a long moment before he let out a sigh. “You’re right.”

“I usually am.” Yunho grinned smugly. “But what exactly am I right about this time?”

“I am overthinking things.” Flicking one last glance at the row of dresses, he led the way out of the store. “I know just what to get her.”

o-o-o-o-o

“Merry Christmas, oppa.” Sooyoung gave the driver a long hug before she pulled back. “Say hi to Sohee for me, will you?”

“No problem, Choi.” Heechul grinned before a look of concern crossed his face. “Are you sure you’re just staying here for the holidays?”

“I don’t have a family to go home to, remember?” A somber smile crossed her face before she opened the door for him. “Go, oppa. You won’t want to go home late.”

“Alright, alright.” He stepped out of the house, waving one last time. “Merry Christmas, Sooyoung.”

“Merry Christmas, oppa.” The brunette waited until he was out of sight before she closed the door and went back inside the house.

                A sigh escaped her lips. It was the holidays yet here she was, still in her employer’s house. She had no family. She had a lot of friends but she turned down each invitation to join them. For whatever reason, she felt the need to stay in that house she had come to consider her home. Perhaps it was laziness… or perhaps she knew that her employer was alone in his home tonight.

                Whatever the case was, Sooyoung turned off every light she passed by as she headed to her quarters, ready to sleep the night away. Kicking her slippers off as soon as she was inside her room, she paused as she caught sight of a large box sealed shut with a red ribbon on her bed. A small card was tucked underneath the ribbon and she hurriedly took it, reading the dedication written on them.

Happy Holidays, shikshin

                Easily pulling the ribbon loose, Sooyoung removed the lid of the box; her eyes widening as the many chocolates and candies greeted her. watered just by simply looking at those treats, ranging from Toblerone to Skittles to Laffy Taffy to Hershey’s Kisses. She dug through the contents of the box, finding a particularly Hershey’s Kiss with a small note tied to the top.

Save a kiss for me.

o-o-o-o-o

“Uh, sir…”

“How many times did I tell you to call me oppa?”

“Okay. Oppa…”

“Yes?”

“Look up.”

“Why?”

“Just look up.”

The moment his eyes shot upwards, a pair of warm lips met his.

Mistletoe

He was sure there was no mistletoe there last night.

 


Prompt: Hong Kong

"Boxing Day is traditionally the day following Christmas Day, when servants and tradesmen would receive gifts from their superiors[1] or employers, known as a 'Christmas box'. [...] It is observed in the United Kingdom, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and some other Commonwealth nations." - from Wikipedia

 

Happy Holidays to all SooJae shippers out there!