Sooyoung and Changmin || Christmas Cake

Christmas All Over The World

“Shim Changmin, you get out of this kitchen right this instant!”

Sooyoung grinned triumphantly. “I told you they’d pick me over you.”

Changmin snorted. “No, they’re not.”

“Choi Sooyoung, you get out of this kitchen too!”

“Not as lucky as you thought you were?” Changmin cackled as Sooyoung’s jaw dropped in surprise. “Looks like you’re out too.”

Ryeowook sent the pair an exasperated look. “How are we going to get the cakes finished if you two are sneaking in here and chowing on the strawberries?”

“I’m sorry, oppa.” Her tone was half-remorseful and half-not. “They just look so plump and red and–”

“Hold it right there before you start salivating, woman.” Heechul spoke for everyone waiting patiently in the living room. “Get back here and let those in there cook in peace.”

“You too, Shim.” Kyuhyun added before Changmin could say otherwise.

                Changmin opened his mouth, ready to protest, but he soon shut it again when he caught Yunho’s pointed look. Sighing and grumbling under their breath like little children, Sooyoung and Changmin joined the rest in the living room; identical sighs of relief escaping Ryeowook, Hankyung, Jaejoong, Hyoyeon and Yuri’s lips as they went back inside the kitchen.

It was yet again another Christmas that they were all going to celebrate away from their families and it gave them some form of comfort that they could all celebrate it together instead. The cooks among the bunch had taken it upon themselves to prepare the best Christmas dinner they could for everyone. That was easier said than done and it didn’t help when the two shikshins were trying to eat their ingredients.

Leeteuk shook his head as the two grudgingly found their places among the vacant seats in the living room. “Seriously, you two… Didn’t you eat enough a while ago?”

“Oppa, there’s really never ‘enough’ when it comes to two of them.” Tiffany answered dryly.

“I just want strawberries.” Sooyoung pouted.

“Me too.” Changmin pouted as well.

Yoochun rolled his eyes. “Now you two are just acting like a pair of kids.”

“I can’t believe you two are dating.” Yesung shook his head.

“Same here.” Junsu nodded in agreement. “I can’t believe they’re dating each other with how they’re fighting over strawberries.”

“I’m going to try again and I promise they’ll let me in that kitchen.” Changmin got up to his feet, marching towards the kitchen with everyone’s eyes on the back of his head.

                Everyone went back to their own respective conversations, expecting Changmin to reappear in a few seconds. But when seconds turned into minutes and he hadn’t returned, Sunny sent Yoona to the kitchen to check. The surprised brunette came back soon after, informing everyone that Shim Changmin had been let inside the kitchen. That led to everyone going curious as to what Changmin did to be allowed inside; Sooyoung pestering the nearest people for food. Donghae had just place a piece of chocolate in her waiting mouth when the kitchen door swung open and Changmin came out with a Christmas Cake in hand.

When they all saw the glittering engagement ring seated perched amidst the strawberries on top of the cake, did they all understand why.

 


Prompt: Japan

"Christmas parties are held around Christmas Day; Japanese Christmas cake, a white sponge cake covered with cream and decorated with strawberries, is often consumed." - from Wikipedia

 

Happy Holidays to all Sages out there!