Sooyoung and Luhan || Koleduvane

Christmas All Over The World

“I can’t believe we’re doing this.”

“Me too.”

“Same here.”

“That’s the understatement of the millennium.”

Heechul folded his arms over his chest. “Are you children done?”

Sehun scowled at the older man, grumbling under his breath about the latter being old. “Why aren’t you doing this with us again, hyung?”

“It’s not that hard to go to your neighbor’s house and give them good wishes for Christmas.” He easily ignored the question.

Luhan made a face from his spot on the couch. “It is when you’re in love with that said neighbor.”

“Oh, ye of little faith.” Heechul rolled his eyes. “Don’t you see what I’m doing here? I’m giving you an opportunity to finally confess, kid.”

If it was at all possible, the four men before him blinked in unison. “Huh.” Luhan said after a long moment’s pause. “I didn’t know you had it in you, hyung.”

“So what are the three of us doing here?” Tao asked as he gestured to himself, Kai and Sehun.

“Moral support.” Heechul flashed them a charming smile before he went back to Luhan. “Better not waste this opportunity. You may not know if you’ll get another one.”

“Hyung, are you gonna do it?” Kai’s question was directed at the silent Luhan.

He didn’t say a word for a short while before a smile slowly made its way across his face. “I know just the song.”

o-o-o-o-o

                Sooyoung couldn’t help the blush that stained her cheeks and the giddy smile that made its way across her lips as she watched from the balcony of her bedroom as the singing quartet serenaded her from outside her gate. To any outsider, it looked like the four boys were just carolling… but she knew better than that.

                As Luhan led their rendition of I’ll Be Home for Christmas, Sooyoung fought the urge to run down and just kiss him senseless. When she heard a couple of boys shouting their Christmas greetings and wishes of happiness and good health, she thought that they were just a bunch of the usual carollers. But when she saw those bright, loving eyes that only he had and that smile on his face that made her heart flutter over and over, she realized everything was anything but ordinary.

“What are you doing here?” She had asked him minutes later when they were alone in the privacy of her home. “I thought you were staying in China.”

He smiled at her, wrapping his arms around her frame and pulling her close. “I promised myself one thing while I was working.”

“What’s that?”

“That I’ll be home for Christmas.”

“Luhan…”

“And you know what? I am.”

 

I’ll be home for Christmas
You can count on me

 


Prompt: Bulgaria

"Among the Bulgarian Christmas traditions is koleduvane, which involves boy carolers visiting the neighbouring houses starting at midnight on Christmas Eve, wishing health, wealth and happiness." - from Wikipedia

 

Happy Holidays to all SooHan shippers out there!