Epilogue

7 Days

E p i l o g u e

 

 

 

“Mummy!” your daughter, Hana, ran towards you as you entered the house.

 

 

“Hey, sweetie!” you beamed at her.

 

 

You and Kris finally re-married after he lost his vision and a year later, you had Hana. She was your everything and she definitely brought joy, not only to you, but to Kris too.

 

 

The day Kris lost his sight, you called his eye doctor and explained the whole situation to her. You cried a lot after what the eye doctor told you. How ironic, considering that fact that you were not the one who lost your vision. Kris, however, was much more calm about it and he was the one to comfort you. He said that it was bound to happen and he was prepared for it.

 

 

“Hana, where’s your daddy?” you asked her.

 

 

“Daddy, room,” she said. You chuckled at her limited choice of words. She was only two-years-old and still had a lot to learn.

 

 

“Alright, go do your colouring. I’m going to see your daddy,” you told her gently and gave a peck on her cute, chubby cheeks. Hana nodded her head before running to her room.

 

 

“Kris, honey, you in the room?” you called out to him as you walked down the hallway.

 

 

“Yeah,” you heard his faint voice coming from the master bedroom.

 

 

He was sitting on the edge of the bed, strumming his guitar. He stopped strumming when he sensed that you were at the doorway. He turned to your direction. “Hey, how was work?”

 

 

“Good, as usual,” you walked towards him and planted a chaste kiss on his lips before sitting beside him, laying your head on his shoulder.

 

 

“What were you doing?” you asked.

 

 

“I was writing a song for you," he said and you could not help the smile that crawled on your face. However, he added on quickly with a smirk, "But it isn’t ready yet! So, no, you can’t hear it now."

 

 

“Well, fine,” you huffed and he chuckled at you.

 

 

Before Kris went blind, he had always been interested in the guitar. He knew how to play a few chords but that was it. He did not have time to learn more because he was always busy managing the family business. However, after he lost his vision, he decided to learn to play the guitar properly. It was difficult for him at first and there were times whereby he wanted to give up. But, with the help of the guitar teacher and you, he managed to pull through and now he plays at the local cafes and pubs.

 

 

At first you did not approve of his plan on playing in front of the public for fear that people would treat him differently. However, he eventually managed to win your approval by asking you to just have a little bit of faith. And you were glad you grasped on that little faith. Everyone treated him normally and not as an invalid. In fact, they absolutely loved him and he received many calls from various cafes and pubs. They wanted him to perform for them.

 

 

“You know, I never got around to thanking you for sticking by me and always motivating me. I managed to pull through this ordeal and it was all thanks to you,” he said, breaking your train of thoughts.

 

 

“Well, I really didn't do much. It’s all you and I am very proud of you,” you said softly.

 

 

He chuckled and whispered, "I guess I lucked out huh? Look at me, I may be blind, but I have a beautiful wife and a wonderful daughter. What more could a man ask for..." he said.

 

 

"Well, if you're lucky than I'm luckier because you and Hana are the best things that have ever happened to me."

 

 

He turned his head and slowly reached out to cup your cheeks. You held his hand and put it in place. You too caress his cheekbones with the back of your hand. He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on your temple.

 

 

“Together, forever?” he breathed.

 

 

“Together, forever.”

 

 

fin -

 

 


 

 

[A/N] Finally, with approximately 11,950 words, this story has finally ended. Sobs! My first ever completed, chaptered story! Even though it was short... Haha. ANYWAY! I would like to thank everyone who gave this story a chance. I know that it isn't as good as others but nevertheless, it has been a joy writing for you guys! I love reading all of your comments and I hope you enjoyed this story just as much as I enjoyed writing it! TIll then, annyeong!

 

P.S. I apologise if some of you prefer the other ending.