Chapter Two

7 Days

C h a p t e r  T w o

 

 

 

I will be out the whole day. Jae Hyun wants to meet me.

 

P.S. go out and have fun! Try to forget whatever has happened!

 

Your awesome best friend, Su Min

 

 

You read the note left by your best friend and groaned. You were intending on spending some time with her today. Sure, you did want to forget Kris but at the same time, you missed your best friend. You sighed. There was no use complaining; she had already left. You decided to drive out for lunch since it was already eleven in the morning. You quickly washed up and picked a simple outfit – a white blouse matched with a pink skirt. You glanced at your watch – it was already noon. You suddenly remembered what happened last night.

 

“I’ll fetch you at nine tomorrow.”

 

You shook your head at the thought. It was impossible; Kris was not really the type to wait for someone. And anyway, it was already noon. No way in hell would he have waited for you for three whole hours. You left the house and turned around to lock the front door.

 

“There you are! And I thought you would never leave that house,” you heard Kris from behind you.

 

Your heart skipped a beat at the sound of his voice. You turned around with an extremely baffled look on your face. He came forward and gave you a quick hug. He smiled at you and took your hand in his, dragging you to his car that was parked outside of Su Min’s house. You did not protest or struggle because you were too shocked to do so. Just as he was about to open the door for you, you pulled away from him.

 

“What...I…you…how? I mean, what are you doing here? You should not be here!” You immediately covered your mouth with your hands when you realised that it came out as a shout. You never intended to shout at him.

 

You saw him frown a little but it was immediately replaced by a wide smile on his face.

 

“I am here to bring you out for lunch, of course. Well it was supposed to be breakfast but since you were late, I’ll bring you for lunch instead. Come on now!”

 

Before you could protest, he had already pushed you into the passenger seat. Soon, he entered the car too. You were about to open the door to leave the car when he locked the door. He swiftly put on your seatbelt for you and drove off, not giving you a chance to protest.

 

You looked down the whole time and played with your fingers. It was slightly awkward in the car. You sighed inwardly. ‘Since when did we start becoming awkward? It was never like this before,’ you thought. Many thoughts were running through your head. You wanted to ask him questions but kept hesitating. However, being the extremely curious person you are, you decided to just go for it.

 

“Why are you doing all this?” you mumbled.

 

“Yes, honey. What did you say?”

 

“Why are you doing all this?” You repeated your question, this time louder. “And just so you know, I am not your honey. Not anymore.”

 

“Well, honey,” he said, purposely emphasising on the word ‘honey’. “I’ve told you that yesterday. I am going to do whatever I want with you for seven days.”

 

”What? So I’m a toy now to you?” you scoffed.

 

“Nope! You’re my lovely and beautiful wife!” he said proudly.

 

Butterflies erupted in your stomach when you heard the word ‘wife’. “D-don’t say that. W-we’re not going to be husband and w-wife anymore,” you stuttered.

 

“But you are my wife,” he said with an innocent look on his face. If this had happened in the past, you would have leaned forward to pinch his cheeks before proceeding to kiss it. Too bad, it was not.

 

“Stop it! I know you’re trying to distract me from asking my initial question! Anyway, I still don’t get it. Wasn’t the divorce what you wanted? You don’t love me anymore, Kris,” you said with a slight edge to your voice.

 

You saw him flinch a little when you said the last sentence. You found it weird but you chose not to think too much of it. If you were to keep over-thinking, your brain might just explode soon.

 

“Well, the last time I checked, it was you who wanted the divorce. I never mentioned anything about wanting a divorce,” he said softly.

 

You blew a bang when you realised that he was right. You mumbled, “Whatever, I still think you’re crazy.”

 

After what seemed like hours, you finally reached your destination. You left the car only to realise that he had brought you to the restaurant where you had your first date with him. Your heart fell. You honestly wanted to go up to Kris and give him a good punch. How dare he bring you to that place when he knew how miserable you felt, with the whole divorce thing going on. The restaurant held many great memories for the both of you and being there was definitely the last thing you wanted to do. Right there and then, you wanted to walk away. However, you changed your mind when you heard your stomach grumbled. You were too hungry and decided to just let it pass.

 

“Come on, what are you waiting for? I am hungry too you know,” Kris said as he walked past you.

 

You walked slowly behind him, keeping a safe distance between the both of you. After settling down in the restaurant, you guys ordered your meal. Well, more like he ordered your meal for you. You and Kris went to the restaurant often and you kept ordering the same food each time. Hence, it was no surprise that he knew what you would want to eat.

 

Shortly after, the food came. The whole time you guys were eating, the both of you did not speak a word. It felt like déjà vu. It reminded you of how it was like that too whenever you guys had meals at home. However, it was slightly different this time. The roles have switched. Instead of you constantly staring at him to get his attention, you could not help but notice that it was him this time, staring at you like as if you would vanish into thin air at any moment. And instead of him looking elsewhere except at you, it was you trying to avoid any form of eye contact with him.

 

“So, what do you want to do next?” Kris asked after the both of you left the restaurant.

 

“I am going home now. Thanks for the meal, Kris. I’ll treat you to a meal, if we are still friends after the separation. Bye!”

 

“Whoa, whoa, whoa. Not so fast.”

 

He suddenly took out a polaroid camera from his shoulder bag and placed his hand around your shoulder.

 

“1, 2, 3.” *snap*

 

“Yah, you-“

 

Before you know it, you were being dragged to his car again and he drove off to a nearby shopping mall. 'Oh wow, didn't know that today was drag-me-all-you-want day,' you thought, sarcastically. Upon reaching the mall, Kris brought you to various shops and every single time, he would ask you if you wanted anything. Of course, you shook your head 'no' to that question. In fact, you did not want to be at the shopping mall. All you wanted to do was to go home and be somewhere far away from Kris. You needed to try to forget him.

 

Night soon came and it was time for him to send you back to Su Min’s house, or so you thought. He had brought you back to your house instead. Yes, your house, as in Kris Wu’s and your house.

 

“Uh, what’s going on? Bring me back home!”

 

“Isn’t this your home? Anyway, if you’re worried, I’ve already told Su Min to drop off your luggage before she went on her date with Jae Hyun," Kris said calmly like as if he was talking about the weather.

 

You narrowed your eyes, mentally cursing Su MinYou just walked off knowing that either way, you were going to lose. You were tired too and when you were tired you tend to get rather mean. All you wanted to do was sleep.  You stormed up the stairs to the master bedroom and slammed the door. You did not feel like eating dinner. That was how tired you were. You plopped yourself onto the soft, comfortable bed.

 

Kris entered the room while holding something in his hand, “Hey, hun, look at this. Aren’t you adorable-“

 

“What are you doing here?” you cut him off. “I am going to sleep in this room and you’re not allowed to do so in this room. Go sleep in the guest room or something. I swear if I find you here, in this room again, tomorrow morning you’re going to get it. I am tired and I want to be alone. Goodnight.”

 

“Hey, wait, I just wanted to show you this.” He showed the polaroid photo the both of you took in the afternoon.

 

You grabbed the polaroid photo from him and threw it aside. “I don’t care about the stupid photo. What part of ‘I am tired and I want to be alone’ do you not understand?! Get out!” You pushed him out of the room and slammed the door at his face.

 

You sighed deeply. Tears were forming in your eyes. You did not understand why you were acting this way towards him. You were honestly really frustrated towards him. Confusion was written all over your face. You did not understand his actions. ‘Is he playing with me? Am I just a game to him? Why was he pushing me away and then all of a sudden now, pulling me to him again?’ All those thoughts kept running in your mind. You ruffled your hair when you saw the polaroid photo you threw aside, just now, on the floor. You picked it up and an amused grin appeared on your face. You had a grumpy face on but Kris was looking at you and you could not help but notice the loving look he had on his face while doing so. You softened a little at the sight of it and regretted what you did to him. At the bottom of the photo, the word ‘one’ and the numbers ‘20120818’ were written in neat writing.

 

“Weird guy.”

 

 


 

 

[A/N] I apologise if this was boring :( It is more of a filler chapter. I still hoped you guys still enjoyed it! P.S. I love reading your comments. As expected, some of you guys are already making assumptions and I actually like reading them! I like hearing you guys' thoughts. :) Thanks for reading!