Chapter One

7 Days

C h a p t e r  O n e

 

 

 

‘Just keep walking, don’t look back. You’ve wanted this, right? There’s no time for regrets,’ you thought to yourself.

 

‘Just keep walking, just keep walking, just keep walk-‘

 

“Wait!”

 

‘Huh? No, no, just keep walking. Come on!’

 

“I said wait!”

 

You heard hurried footsteps from behind you but that still did not make you stop. That was until Kris grabbed your wrist. You stopped on your tracks, not knowing what to do. You did not want to turn because you knew that you would let your guard down once you do so. He yanked your wrist and it made you turn around. Your eyes widened when you saw how close his face was to yours.

 

He let go of your wrist and grabbed your face gently in between his palms. He stared into your eyes intently and asked, “Are you willing to give me seven days?”

 

You gulped and stared into his eyes. Heart pounding wildly, breathing coming out ragged – you cannot help but feel that those were the only sounds one could hear in the house. You felt his hot breath against your skin. He was that close to you. You fought the urge to move closer to his body. You cannot help but miss this. His closeness, his warmth, his touch, his kiss. You closed your eyes, revelling in the moment. Kris cleared his throat and that was when everything snapped. You could not believe that you had let your guard down easily. You should have put up a fight and shrugged his hands off your wrist when he had grabbed it earlier.

 

You closed your eyes again and took a deep breath before managing to ask, “What?”

 

“Give me seven days. Only seven days, for me to do whatever I want with you and then we can separate. Please?”

 

You could tell how desperate he was. You did not expect him to stop you from walking away. Although to be quite honest, you actually did want him to stop you. However, you were not going to give in to him. You did not want to appear weak in front of him. This was what you wanted. Well, that is what you keep telling yourself to believe. You pushed his hands off your face and glared at him.

 

“Are you…Unbelievable…” you stopped halfway, only to shake your head and let out a humourless chuckle.

 

“Are you freaking kidding me?” you asked, your voice getting louder with each word.

 

Kris eyes widened at your outburst. You were always known to be more on the quiet and calm side. You were not exactly the type to let out your feelings easily. It was rather odd for him to see you being more outspoken regarding your feelings. His mouth open and close like a fish, not knowing what to say.

 

“Really, Kris? Stop acting like nothing happened! Who the hell do you think you are?!” You screamed at his face.

 

Your heart was racing and blood pumped wildly in your veins. The anger inside of you bubbled wildly while you tried to calm your breathing. You were actually breathing heavily.

 

“Hey! I am still your husband. Don’t talk to me like that,” Kris said.

 

You let out an unladylike snort and rolled your eyes to that. “Well, soon you won’t be! I bet you’re happy,” you snapped bitterly.

 

You gasped mentally. ‘Where is all this coming from?’ you thought. There was something wrong with you. It was like as if something triggered inside of you. You love Kris, you honestly do. But, you were sick and tired of his moodswings. In that moment, you knew that you were finally letting out all the pent out emotions inside of you.

 

Kris did not reply. You saw something flash in his eyes - regret and hurt. But it was gone within seconds that you thought that maybe, your eyes were just playing tricks on you. He continued to just stare into your eyes but you knew that he was not exactly staring at you. He was actually deep in thought.

 

“I don't even know why I'm still here. I'm leaving. Have a good life,” you said.

 

Kris snapped out from his thoughts at the sound of your voice. You gave him a curt nod as a sign to show that you were leaving. You were about to turn around when his hand grabbed your wrist to stop you, again. ‘What? Is it grab-my-wrist-without-my-permission day today?’ you huffed, mentally.

 

“I’ll fetch you at nine tomorrow,” he smiled at you - the smile you have missed - and your heart actually fluttered a little.

 

“No.”

 

“Yes, I insist.”

 

“You don’t even know where I am staying!” you retorted.

 

“I know, Su Min’s house,” he said smugly.

 

Your eyes widened momentarily. ‘How the hell did he know?’ you thought. However, you immediately put on your poker face.

 

“Well, I’m still saying ‘no’,” you said, getting irritated by the second.

 

“Stop it! Stop saying ‘no’! Why can’t you just agree?!” he said, sounding almost like he was pleading with you.

 

“No, you stop it! I don’t know what the hell you want from me, but I sure as hell am not getting involved with it. Goodness, you’re so frustrating!”

 

Once again, he did not reply. He turned around, his back facing you. You heard him take a deep breath and his hand went through his hair a few times. This only meant that he was either making a decision or he was trying to calm himself down. The room suddenly became silent. You just looked down at your feet, your hands clenched into fists at your sides. You did not even know why you were still here when you could have just left.

 

From the corner of your eye, you saw Kris turned around. He then used his thumb and index finger to lift your head up. He cupped your chin and caressed your cheekbones lightly with his thumb. Looking intently into your eyes, he said softly, “Please, just give me a chance. I only ask for seven days. That’s all.”

 

Your heart clenched at his soft voice. Tears were starting to form at the back of your eyes. The way he spoke, it was so gentle. Like as though he was afraid you would break if he spoke any louder. Another thing you had missed – how he used to talk to you that way. You averted your gaze to the side and blinked rapidly.

 

“I’ll take your silence as a yes then,” he said and it made you realise that you had forgotten to give him an answer.

 

You should have known. Kris was not one to give up easily. When he wants something, he gets it.

 

“I didn’t say ‘yes’,” you murmured.

 

“But everybody knows that silence means consent,” he said, and you could practically hear the smirk in his voice.

 

“You know what? Whatever makes you sleep at night.”

 

You cleared your throat and continued, “Goodbye, Kris. Paperwork will be done by my lawyer. I’ll see you in court, soon.”

 

“Remember, I’m fetching you tomorrow,” he said, putting on that particular smile you loved.

 

“You’re crazy,” you said exasperatedly.

 

Giving him one last look, you shook your head and grabbed your luggage before walking away. You actually did think that he was crazy. One moment he was full of angst, shouting at you like as if you owed him his life. And the next moment, he was smiling at you, acting like nothing had happen. Maybe he was bipolar and he had kept it from you all those years you guys were together. You chuckled mentally at the thought of Kris being bipolar.

 

To be honest, you really did not want to leave him. You did not mean to sound clingy but after being with a guy for roughly six years, it is just a little difficult to let go. Especially when you are still in love with the said man. Just as you were about to pass the door, you heard him shout. “I don’t care what you think! I’m still fetching you!”

 

Somehow, you could not help but smile slightly. The way he was acting, it reminded you of his old self – the ever so persistent Kris Wu.

 

 


 

 

[A/N] *Important (well, sorta)

Erm...wow...I kept editing this part. I hoped it turned out well :( AND I KNOW SOME OF YOU ARE GOING TO START ASSUMING THINGS AND I CAN'T WAIT TO READ YOUR COMMENTS. HEHE. Anyway, there has been a changed of plans. Instead of making this into a twoshot, I've decided to make it into a chaptered story. There will be around 6 chapters only. Yeah, apparently I can't write long-chaptered stories :/ So that means the previous chapter isn't exactly a chapter because it is a prologue. Well, this A/N has gotten too long! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! Next part will be uploaded tomorrow! :) P.S. Thank you to those who subscribed *throws hearts at you guys*