Chapter 1

2KL (To Kindness and Love)

“Uh…” the girl didn’t really know how to respond after the previous display of rather sporadic (for the lack of a better term) behaviour. Can these people really help me? She questioned herself.

“Sung-Hee-sshi,” Donghae said from the table, “Don’t be so quick to judge us from that alone, though I suppose you did come to us as a last resort.” He stifled a laugh as Sung-Hee’s eyes widened.

How in the world did he know what I was thinking?

“Um…well, I did hear about you guys from a friend, but I don’t exactly know what type of requests you all take-”

“As long as it’s within our power, we’ll do our best to help you.” Jieun interrupted, though stating that fact with confidence.

“…My fiancé and I were planning on getting married-

“OH, CONGRATULATIONS!” BoA exclaimed.

“Thank you…anyway. You see, we were planning on it…but we recently just moved to this town two months ago. We’d been looking for a wedding planner, but there wasn’t really anyone that was within budget…I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations on how to go along with that.”

“Hmm…well, we’re actually a pretty small town, so we don’t see that many weddings. Not to mention, this is the first time we’ve had that kind of request…”

“I see…” She replied, looking down sadly.

The four in the group all looked at each other before giving each other a confident smile.

“BoA-noona,” Jonghyun began, “You’ve been waiting for this opportunity, right?”

“Hell yeah!” She replied enthusiastically.

“Jieun, I’m sure you can be our greatest coordinator and decorator.”

“Of course I can, oppa.”

“Hyung, you’ll be taking care of scheduling and finances, I’m assuming?”

“What do you take me for?” he smirked. “Of course I will.”

Sung-Hee stared the four in shock. I didn’t think…

“Um…” she began, causing Jonghyun to pause and looking at her.

“Yes, Sung-Hee-sshi?”

“I thought when my friend said you guys would help…you would just be recommending places to go…since you know more about this city than we do.”

“Sung-Hee-sshi,” Donghae began with a strong voice. “Unless your friend just mentioned us in the passing, I’m sure you know, as Jieun stated before, that we will do everything in our power to help you.”

“But I won’t be able to afford your services!” she exclaimed as she bowed her head in embarrassment.

“Eh?” Jonghyun took a couple of strides up to her. “Did your friend say we ask for payment?”

“Yah, Sung-Hee-sshi,” BoA began, “No offense, but I don’t really think your friend really knows us. We never charge anyone, and, as everyone else is saying, as long as it’s within our power, we’ll do it to help you.”

The woman stared at them in an almost admirable manner. “…Can you guys…no…will you guys really do that for us?”

“Of course!” Jonghyun exclaimed, placing his hands on her shoulders for her to face him. “Just come over with your fiancé some other time, and we’ll begin arranging things immediately.”

“Thank you…”


One week later…

“YAH!” Jonghyun yelled once more, trying to stop the man in front of him from going into the clothing store three streets away.

“But but but…I wanna see her!”

Meet Yong Junhyung, the groom-to-be of the upcoming wedding that this infamous quartet was arranging for them.

“You know it’s a bad omen if you see your own bride in her wedding dress before the actual wedding, right? WHAT IF SOME GIANT BOAR CAME RUSHING AT YOU RIGHT NOW BECAUSE IT ONLY WANTS TO DRINK THE BLOOD OF THE YONG FAMILY?!”

“…You know boars don’t eat humans, right?”

“WHAT IF IT WAS A SCIENTIFICALLY EXPERIMENTED-ON BOAR THAT HAD BEEN GENETICALLY MODIFIED TO EAT HUMANS, HUH?!”

“WHY WOULD IT BE A BOAR IN THE FIRST PLACE?!”

“BECAUSE THEY’RE CUTE!”

“Where in the world did you get that from?”

“HAVEN’T YOU EVER WATCHED CLANNAD?!” Jonghyun exclaimed whilst waving his arms around like some psychotic maniac that had just been released from prison and didn’t know what to do with his newly granted freedom.

“I have no idea what goes on in your mind.”

“Good! So you can get to know me better!” Jonghyun swung his arm around the man’s shoulder. “Let’s talk about it over lunch and NOT IN THE CLOTHING STORE!”

“But-”

But Jonhyun was already dragging the pathetic looking Junhyung in the opposite direction.


BoA exasperatedly as she slouched even more so into the luxurious couch in front of the fitting room.

“It’s a bit…” Sung-Hee started, but BoA didn’t even have to explain anything to know what she was saying. Simply put, the dress was not what they were going for. Not only did it have a countless amount of ‘ornaments’ that clouded the dress itself, it seemed as though you’d be carrying twice your own weight whilst walking down the aisle with that dress.

“We’ve tried how many now?” Sung-Hee asked.

“Seventeen at the very least.” BoA didn’t look up, not knowing what to do with their dress issue.

“Perhaps this is a sign…”

“Of?”

“…That I shouldn’t get married?”

“WHAT?!” BoA shouted just a bit too loudly for all the other customers in the store looked in their direction. “No no no no no! Listen here, missy. How long have you and your boyfriend been together?”

“Seven years…”

“And has he ever cheated on you?”

“Of course not!” Sung-Hee immediately replied, though in a manner that clarified her answer’s honesty.

“If that doesn’t show commitment, then I don’t know what does.” BoA brought her hand up to her chin whilst looking around the store once more.

“I don’t want an overly elegant dress, BoA-sshi. In all honesty, I’m almost getting the impression that perhaps a traditional wedding wouldn’t be the way to go. Perhaps right in front of a judge would be better.”

However, Sung-Hee immediately regretted her words when BoA gave her a sharp stare, almost glaring.

“Don’t. You ever. Say that.”

“I-…I’m sorry.”

“If you’re truly committed, you only ever get married once. You want that experience to be memorable.”

“Isn’t the fact that knowing your married to him…doesn’t that itself make it meaningful enough?”

“You know what I’m talking about.”

“But even with that being said, I wouldn’t have been able to afford any of the dresses in this shop anyway,” Sung-Hee admitted. “It’s already a tight budget with everything else…”

“WHAT?!”

“Agasshi, please keep your voice down. There are other customers.”

“Sorry…”

Sung-Hee spoke up again. “Look, I’m really glad you guys are trying to help me, but maybe we’re not approaching it the right way.” She sighed as she entered the fitting room again to remove the dress.

Whilst she was in there, BoA could not help but stare at the closed fitting room door in discontent. How could someone…be so self-sacrificing?! You only get married once, damn it!

The woman re-emerged with her regularly clothes, laying the wedding dress gently on top of all the other failed attempts. BoA eyed the dress, particularly at the tag.

Size 10…she’s the same as me…wait a minute-

“Let’s go, BoA-sshi.”

“Wait.” BoA stopped her. “This is only the third day. Promise that we’ll try one more time tomorrow for a dress, and then…” she struggled to continue, “And then…if we don’t find your dress by then, I’ll agree with your ideology.”

Sung-Hee stared at the headstrong woman in front of her. Why does she feel so strongly about this?

“Alright. Last day. If not by tomorrow, we’ll just postpone getting married again.”

“Deal.”


“Hey, Jieun.”

Jieun looked up fromt the fabric in front of her to face the man with glasses on, holding onto a laptop.

“Yes, Donghae-oppa? What do you need?”

“What’s all this?” Donghae asked while sitting down beside her on the floor, placing his laptop a bit off to his side.

“Well, none of the premade fabrics for decorations at any of the stores I went to pleased me, and considering their budget, getting some custom made was out of the question, so I just bought some fabric myself, and now I’m sewing.”

“How much did you end up spending?”

“About 40,000 won or so.”

“Wow. That’s only half the allotted amount.”

“I know, I found some great deals.” Jieun sighed before returning to her work. “However, now comes the tricky part. Hopefully I can get this done in three weeks, so I’ll have at least a full week left before the wedding for correcting any errors.”

“I see…” Donghae smiled while leaning over to give his dongsaeng an awkward side hug. “You’re always the hardest working out of all of it, you know that?”

“I guess that makes up for my clumsiness.”

They both gave a small laugh.

“Besides, I’m living here for free thanks to you. I need to make myself useful one way or another.”

Donghae smiled at her once more, though she did not see it for she had already resumed her work.

“Anyway, oppa. I wanted to ask you something. Well, it’s from Jonghyun-oppa, but he asked me to ask-”

“Yeah yeah, I get it. What is it?”

“Out of their budget, is there any free amount that we still have yet to place?”

“Hmmm…” Donghae leaned over to take the laptop in his hands, quickly navigating to the excel spreadsheet in which all the finances were placed. “Doesn’t look like much. Not significant enough to do anything with.”

“How much?”

“20,000.”

“Give it to oppa.”

“Huh?” Donghae looked at her. “Why?”

“You know what kind of idiot he is, always wanting to make sure that everyone’s happy. He didn’t tell me what he was gonna use it for, but apparently it was really important since Junhyung-sshi requested it and told him to keep it secret from Sung-Hee-sshi.”

Donghae stared at her in question, though before being able to speak again, the door to the room slammed open.

“BoA-unnie?”

“Jieun, I need a HUGE favour!”