Eyes of Living

Please don't leave me

„We'll make a 10 minutes break now!“, the photographer said and the staff crew huddled into every direction. Jessica sighed in ease and went to her manager who handed her a tissue to wipe away the sweat on her face.

 

„You don't like the drink, do you?“, he asked her.

 

„Not really.“, Jessica answered. Today was a commercial shooting for the Vitamin drink. She actually had to drink it during the session and it really tasted disgusting.

 

„Don't show it too much. You're a professional model, you have to do it well. By the way: Go and take your medicine before the break's over.“

 

Jessica nodded and left the black and orange decorated set. Her chest burned like fire and just strenghtened the need of her medicine. Since last year she knew that she would die. The doctor diagnosed her with lung cancer in an already advanced state and told her that she would probably live only about 2 more years. One year already passed. The entertainment kept it secret but still...it was burdensome and Jessica didn't really know how to deal with it. Her manager suggested her to ignore it and just go on working like before. Indeed working was the best idea – she hadn't paid her debts back to the company.

When her parents and her older brother died during an airplane accident she was left alone. Back then Jessica had been 14 but the rest of her family didn't care for her until she signed under SM Entertainment and became famous. That was the bitter truth...

The entertainment was her only support ever since and did a lot for her, so she always felt like owing the company a lot.

 

The girl went through the floor with heavy steps that became slower and slower the nearer she came to her changing room. It was torturing entering it and somehow ironically. Her window was exactly directed to the hospital next to the entertainment building.

 

Jessica gulped and hesitated for another second before she opened the door. It wouldn't help. She had to take the medicine anyways...