The Bad Good Day

He Doesn't Want Your Help

My heart thumped erratically against my chest as Changjo and I leant against the brick wall beside the car park. Changjo held me close, and I felt as if he could sense my apprehension. A mere ten minutes ago he was having his life choked out of him in front of my very eyes, and now he acted as if nothing ever happened. I was too shocked to voice my thoughts at the time. We had just snuck out of school to wait for Changjo's mother to pick us up. It felt thrilling, but not necessarily in a good way. Too much was happening at once and I hadn't even begun processing it all. 

When a small black van pulled up to the curb Changjo instantly dragged me towards it. He hurriedly slid open the door and pushed me inside. I stumbled into my seat cluelessly. He slammed the door shut and reached for his seat belt as he spoke to the driver,

"Drive woman, drive!"

I heard a woman's voice scoff as he turned to face us. "Is that any way to speak to your own mother, Jonghyun? Why, if I were to ever speak to my parents like that I would-" She paused mid sentence as her gaze shifted towards me, intrigued.

"Ah, you must be Byunghyun! How are you? Aren't you just the cutest thing? I'm so glad that you were there to help out my Jonghyun, I don't-"

"Yah! You didn't even ask me how I am! I could be dying right now for all you know!" Changjo huffed, annoyed.

"Honey, I'm pretty sure if you are able to scream and demand things of me before you greet me then you are absolutely fine." His mother replied sarcastically.

Changjo rolled his eyes and looked away. "Let's just get out of here," He mumbled cutely. I had to restrain myself from grabbing his cheeks and squishing them. He was simply too adorable sometimes.

Changjo's mother sighed as she started the car and began driving away from the school grounds. Most people would be cautious and wary, entering the car of someone they had never met, but this is Changjo's mother. I trust him and his mother sounds like she couldn't hurt a fly, not even a seriously irritating one.

"By the way," she called from the front of the vehicle, "feel free to call me Mrs. Choi, Mother, which ever you prefer. I want you to feel comfortable around me because I'm a cool mom, right Jonghyun dear?"

Changjo growled at her. "Mom, stop embarrassing me..."

She simply laughed. "If this is embarassing now darling, then I don't know what you'll think  when I start telling Byunghyun here about how silly you were as a child. Why I remember you were only at the wee age of four years when you decided you were going to be a B-Boy dancer, did you know that Byunghyun?"

"Mom!" Changjo cried. I could feel the hint of a smile tugging at my lips.

"I didn't know that, Mrs. Choi." I replied.

"Then there is so much more for me to tell you! When Jonghyun was ten he began-"

"Ok mom, I think Byunghyun gets how stupid I was, you need tell no more." Changjo cut her off as the van pulled into what I assumed was their drive way. 

"We'll be in my room mom!" He called as he dragged me out of the vehicle and along the pathway leading to their front door. I felt myself tripping over my own feet as he pulled me behind him.

"Ah, kids these days. I remember when I was young..." I heard Changjo's mother begin talking to herself as we left her behind. I couldn't help but feel a warm sensation inside at the thought of their relationship. Their friendly bickering was heart warming.

As Changjo searched his pockets for his house keys, I decided to bother him just once. 

"So Changjo, what was your mother talking about when she said you wanted to be a B-Boy?" I held back my smirk at Changjo turned to look at me, an unamused glare portrayed on his attractie features. 

"For as long as I live, we will never speak of that again." The seriousness in his voice caused me to giggle, which in turn made him smile. Soon we were both laughing messes, leaving Changjo's mother confused as she walked towards the entrance of the house.

"Did I miss something? What's so funny?"

Changjo and I smiled at each other secretly.

"Oh, nothing much. Good day mother." Changjo replied poshly as he linked our arms and finally retrieved his keys. We walked through the door in proper fashion, leaving his mother to stare at us strangely from behind.

"I don't think I'll ever understand kids..." She said to herself. I could feel my face glowing with happiness. From a day of darkness came a day of light.

 

 

This day had became a good day. I was determined to capture it and hold onto it, not knowing how long it would last.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I know it's been months and months and I'm sick of explaining and apologzing to people so I'm gonna just leave it at that. I'm back in business now for most of my stories, and I am editing this story because I look back on it and think of how crappy I used to write and how crappy I write still today. I'll fix some things, adjust it a little so feel free to read over it again especially if you have forgotten the story line.

It's not great but I'm trying, this is a bit of a filler but I hope it is ok.

Love ya'll <3