Part II (Outfit #2)

Holiday Special Surprise

It took you only a few minutes to get everything put on, and you spent another moment checking over your hair and makeup. Just as he knocked on the front door, you were slipping on your heels and making sure your bag had everything you would need.

“Wow. You look fantastic!” he marveled as he opened the front door. You grinned, taking his extended hand and following him to the car. “Seriously. The other boys are going to be jealous.” He held the door open for you before running to the other side, hopping into the driver’s seat with excitement. You buckled yourself, flashing him a prize-winning grin.

“You don’t look so bad yourself.” He wore a tailored grey suit, his red tie offering the slightest hint of holiday color. His hair was styled in your favorite way, and he wore his ivory smile like it was an accessory. When you arrived in front of the celebration’s location, you marveled at the decorations. Bright lights covered nearly every edge of the building’s front. A gigantic tree stretched high into the evening sky, spangled with every ornament imaginable. Even the snow that had been falling the last few days seemed to have placed itself strategically around the courtyard, making for a gorgeous welcome into the highly anticipated event. You walked inside, your boyfriend’s arm casually slung over your shoulder.

“Hey!” One of your friends ran over to give you a hug, separating herself from the girl group she was a part of to say hello. “You look amazing!” she said, eyes scanning you with a smile. You wore a bright red skirt, high-waisted with a sheer cream blouse tucked into the waistband. It gave off an atmosphere of class and sophistication; your classic shoes making you feel as though you walked off the set of one of those timeless movies from the early 1900s.

“I love your dress,” you told her breathlessly, taking in the opulent gown of dark navy and silver rhinestones. She sighed, shaking her hair that was piled skillfully atop her head.

“Thanks. It’s actually really burdensome to walk around in it though. I wish I was wearing your outfit!” You laughed, offering her a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

“Well, you look flawless.” She beamed with thanks, giving you another hug before returning to her group members. Your boyfriend wandered back over, his hand gently touching the light fabric on your back.

“How are you doing?” he asked. “Are you ready to eat?” You nodded, following him to the table that had place cards with your names written in elegant calligraphy. The meal was exquisite and extravagant, leaving you feeling horribly out of place at the table. You had been to events with your boyfriend’s company before, but were still growing used to the lavishness of some of the more elegant affairs.

“You alright?” he chuckled quietly in your ear. “You look surprised.” You laughed uncomfortably, crumpling the napkin that covered your lap.

“Just a little out of place I think.” He moved a strand of hair over your ear.

“You don’t look out of place. I think you fit right in.” You smiled gratefully, turning to your right to greet the person next to you.

Dinner was pleasant and enjoyable, light conversation and laughter surrounding you at every angle. The hosts of the event spoke onstage for a few moments before turning it over to musical performers. It was like attending a wedding, you thought, but with more musicians and less dancing. Overall, by the end of the night you were already sleepy.

When it came time to leave, your boyfriend offered you his suit jacket before you walked outside to meet the chilling air. You accepted it, sliding the long sleeves over your arms.

“I hope you aren’t too tired,” he said as you walked back to the car. You raised an eyebrow, offering him a puzzled glance. “I have a surprise.” When you arrived back to your apartment, he gestured excitedly to your suitcase. “You should pack that for three days.” Confused, you lifted it from the shelf and began placing clothes inside.

“Are we going somewhere?” you asked with eager anticipation. He grinned, helping you choose items appropriate for the location.

“Maybe,” he said, his eager smile telling you everything you needed to know. It took only a few minutes to pack everything with his help, and you were soon returned to his car with a flurry of questions about the location of your trip.

You drove for at least an hour before he stopped in front of your destination. Your lips pulled into a smile, taking in the beautiful location.

Where did he take you?

 

Location #1: For this location, go to Chapter 5.

tumblr_inline_mf9ra0DjBy1rnxqxg.jpg

Location #1 is a cozy log cabin in the woods. It’s homey and comfortable with a simplistic sort of charm.

Location #2: For this location, go to Chapter 6.

tumblr_inline_mf9rbeehs91rnxqxg.jpg

Location #2 is a large and expensive log cabin, looking as grand on the inside as a hotel. With iceskating and large rooms, staying here gives you a glimpse at the millionaire lifestyle.

Choose the location you like best to fcontinue your story~!