Part 1

Reality

sighs. okay. finished. honestly, i think i left the story there for a while...cuz i had a mini writers block, so when i came back to the story today....i honestly didn't know how to end it.

so....if anyone reads this...you'll probably hate me at the end. :'(

oh yes, please note that this is rated PG14 at most o_o cuz there's some cussing in this oneshot.

that's about it. enjoy!~ ^^

 

 

The moment she stepped into the school, she was known as the 'stupid girl', 'mental girl' and even a 'dumb '. The girls found her an easy target to prey upon, whereas the guys found it a pity because of her exceptional beauty.
Yes, she was beautiful; perhaps even more beautiful than all the girls at the high school. One would look at her and become mesmorized by her brown hazel eyes and ivory skin and her waist-length black hair that swayed behind her back everytime she walked. All the guys wanted her, yet, upon finding out she was mentally retarded, they all kept their distance from her.
Because she was so beautiful, all the girls in the school envied her and therefore bullied her. They scarred her, and every now and then, a new cut would appear on her arms, legs and even face. But no one cared. Nor did she utter a word.
She wasn't afraid. She didn't feel pain either- she was used to it. She just didn't want to cause further complications by fighting back against them. Therefore, she let them hurt her. She thought that as long as they were satisfied with hurting her, she would be happy too because she is actually bringing happiness to someone's life. She never had the chance to make anyone happy, let alone have anyone ever made her feel happy.

    But today was different. She was tired from the bullying. She just wanted to sleep and never wake up. She didn't want to exist in the world any longer.
She must have been staring down from at least twenty feet high, for everything seemed so tiny at her level. She closed her eyes and smiled. She was going to find a better life up there. She was not going to be bullied anymore. She was- "What are you doing?" She opened her eyes at the sound of the voice and slowly turned around.
A young man stared back at her, and his eyes widened a bit. "Y-you're not going to jump down from here are you?" He asked, taking a cautious step forward. She looked away. "Why don't you come down first and we'll talk about it? Here take my hand." She looks up and sees that he has extended his hand toward her.
What she did next surprised herself. She slowly extended out her hand and touched his, noticing how rough her hand must have felt against his soft hands.
She took her hand away from his immediately, noticing her scars were visible to his eye. She looked down, not knowing what to do, until she saw something white in front of her face. She looked up at him puzzled.
"You should wipe your tears away." He said. She touches her face, noticing for the first time that she had been crying. Taking the tissue from him, she holds on to it and sits down on the floor.
He takes the seat next to her. They sit there for a while in silence.
"So..." He pauses. "What's your name?" She pauses, then looks at him to see if he was joking. Noticing that he was being sincere, she sighs.
"Don't you know who I am?" she murmurs, her voice barely audible.
"No, I don't." He replies.
"Liar."
"What?"
"Liar." She repeats, only a bit louder this time.
"I really don't know your name."
She laughs bitterly. "Who in this school doesn't know who I am. I'm the stupid girl. The mentally retarded girl. The dumb ."
"I don't care what other people call you. I want to call you by what you like being called. Your real name."
And that's when, for once in her life, a part of her heart warmed up.
"Lee Hyo-Rin. My name is Lee Hyo-Rin."

 

author's note: i just remembered something as I reread this and I wanted to make it clear to anyone who is reading this:

I have intention to make fun of someone who is mentally ill; and I am sorry if I have offended anyone by using those names. I hope you do understand that I am only using it for fanfic purposes.

thank you for reading.