Two

dance lessons

Sunggyu fumes. His foot's hurting, and his calves are sore. The choding and dinosaur would pay.

 

***

 

2 hours ago

 

"LEE SUNGYEOL, JANG DONGWOO!!" Sunggyu screams and he whips around, only to find Sungyeol and Dongwoo already in the car.

"Sorry Sunggyu Hyung, this is for your own good! Stop being a boring old hamster and live a little!" Sungyeol cries out, his lips curved into a big smile, gums visible.

"Yah! Don-" Sunggyu is left eating dust as the car speeds away, the duo's laughter echoing in the street. Sunggyu groans. Maybe he can just leave now-

"Sunggyu-ssi?" Says a voice behind Sunggyu and he groans. His voice is becoming hoarse from all that groaning. Oh, yes it is.

He turns around to see a middle aged woman, her eyes crinkling to form crescents when she meets his gaze.

"Aigoo, you're so cute! Just like Sungyeol-ssi told me!" Sunggyu rolls his eyes inwardly.

He probably told her that I'm a relative of the hamster family and that my chubby cheeks can fill about 50 cherry tomatoes on each side and that I nag like an 82 year old, he thinks.

It wasn't his fault that he had an obsession with those small red treats and that he had crazy friends.

"Come inside! And my my, you're not dressed for class! We have to get you a change of clothes! Not to worry, Sungyeol prepared..."

Her voice drifts away and Sunggyu begins to lose focus as his eyes observe every corner of the room. It's big, and one of the larger walls is a floor-to-ceiling mirror, perfect for dancers to observe their own moves. Sunggyu spots his fiery red hair in the mirror and his shoulders slump. How was he going to explain this to his boss who always promoted prim and proper appearances? He looked like he just had an accident while spray painting their company building with "Park & Brothers SUUUUCCCCCK" in big red letters.

Sunggyu's mind comes back to earth as he feels stares on him. Curious eyes are staring at him. Curious eyes belonging to strangers that he doesn't plan on being acquainted with. The class, consisting of mostly girls, look at him with judging gazes, line of sight flitting to his crimson hair before resuming on the task of taking in his suit, tie and work shoes.

"Sunggyu-ssi? Sunggyu-ssi?"

He's jerked out of his trance-like state as the woman continuously calls him, her hand holding out a change of clothes- A graphic tee and sweatpants. In her other hand, a shoe bag.

"Here are your shoes and your change of clothes. There's a changing room to the left. I hope they're your size! Sungyeol-ssi brought them here for you, you see."

Sunggyu's stunned. Sure, he thinks the choding and the Dino are a handful and make almost every living, breathing moment for him a hassle, but he's actually touched by the thought that they put into this "surprise".

"Uh, thank you..." Sunggyu trails off, not knowing how to address the woman that was obviously older than him.

"Just call me Susan Noona!" She smiles, her lips quirking up into a smile.

Sunggyu returns with a wry smile, immediately scuttling (yes, scuttling) to the changing room before collapsing onto the wall, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"What am I even doing here, taking dance classes and going around with a blindfold over my eyes," he mumbles, running a hand through his newly dyed hair.

He quickly changes into the clothes, finding them to be of perfect fit. And that's when he starts to put on his shoes. He opens the shoe bag, only to grimace.

It's not your average hip-hop Nike high tops.

They're freaking tap shoes.

Sunggyu thinks about how maybe, just maybe, he's willing to take Sungyeol's sock than go through this humiliation in the form of tap dancing without any experience. He had the grace of a lumbering bear. Or hamster, in this case.

"Sunggyu-ssi? Are you alright in there? You don't seem to feel very well with all the groaning. Are you okay," comes Susan's voice from outside the small cubicle sized room and Sunggyu struggles to stand up, humiliation already weighing down on his shoulders.

"Oh my god," he sighs, "this better not go on YouTube."

Sunggyu heads out of the changing room, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"So, are you teaching this class?" He asks, trying to seek comfort in the fact that maybe if Susan (who had been nothing but nice to him the moment he stepped in) was the teacher for the class, it wouldn't be that bad.

"Ah, no I'm just an assistant, Wo-"

"No, I'm the teacher here," says a voice from behind.

Sunggyu turns around, and he thinks he might faint.

Standing in front of him is an extremely handsome man. His hair’s falling over his eyes, dark brown orbs that sparkle with mischief. His hands are crossed over his chest, showing off his well-toned arms. And on his face, the perfect lopsided grin.

Sunggyu tries not to gape. He barely manages to avoid staring. At least, that's what he thinks.

"You're Kim Sunggyu-ssi, I presume?" He says.

"U-Uh, yeah, I'm Sunggyu." Sunggyu slaps himself mentally for stuttering. So not smooth.

"I'm Nam Woohyun." The guy -or Woohyun, in this case- holds out his hand for what Sunggyu presumes is a handshake. Just as Sunggyu puts his hand into his, Woohyun pulls him close, and Sunggyu lets out a gasp of surprise.

"You know," he whispers into his ear, "you're really cute when you stutter. Oh, and take a picture, it'll last longer."

Sunggyu's face turns bright red, his eyes wide as he quickly pulls away, Woohyun now wearing a smirk on his face.

Humiliation isn't going to be the only thing he's going to be feeling during his dance lessons.

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: i told you i would update. HAHAHA susan is actually my teacher in tap dance (not woohyun i wish). moves mentioned in this story are also all very real and exist.