Us

Us: Our Story

Before Yixing could stop himself, he had put his arms around Jongdae and nearly started crying. Jongdae held back at first, but naturally eased into it. It was only a few days since the two last saw each other, but they couldn't even be apart for that long without missing each other. They had been together for so long that it was hard not to.

"Jongdae, I missed you so much," Yixing whispered.

"I missed you too," Jongdae answered. "But what are you doing here?"

"I just gave up looking for you, and decided to just come in. I was going to cry."

"Again? When don't you cry, Xingxing?" Jongdae let out a light chuckle.

"Well, since you left, I haven't really felt right," Yixing looked down as he said this. "And you're not there to hold me..."

"I...can't do that anymore, Yixing," Jongdae looked away.

"But, I need you."

"I can't, Yixing," Jongdae was going into another crying fit.

"I love you, Jongdae," Yixing finally said. "In that way."

"Excuse me?" Jongdae looked into Yixing's eyes again.

"I've been crying from day to night, remembering all of our stupid, cute, funny things. And all I could think was that I needed you. I want you."

Jongdae was speechless.

"Will you come home with me?" Yixing asked hopefully.

"No, Yixing," Jongdae flatly answered.

"What?"

"You don't love me, Yixing. You love how I'm there for you when you cry, you love how I can watch dramas and movies with you and fall asleep on the couch with you. You love how I'm never afraid to try some of your experimental baking. But you don't love me like that."

Yixing's mouth hung wide open at these accusations.

"Now if you're not going to get anything, please leave," Jongdae coldly demanded, a tear nearly escaping in front of Yixing.

"No," was all Yixing said before grabbing Jongdae's wrist, pulling him in, and kissing him gently.

"Yes, I do love you like that, Jongdae," Yixing whispered. "Don't you ever doubt it."

Jongdae looked into Yixing's eyes and his heart was filled with so much happiness that he had to cry. Yixing spent the whole day there with Jongdae. When the day was done, Jongdae went home with Yixing.

They made a home.

-YEARS LATER-

Yixing and Jongdae came into the cafe that they owned: An-Hee-Lak. They had worked hard for a while before they could finally open it. These days, they would go to work together, along with several other employees, and just enjoy every day that they had together. Especially when they went home.

It wasn't unusual for some of the different people from their lives to pop up suddenly. There was a time when their teacher from Kenka, I Jja-kuk, came in. And on another day, their boss from Nap-Hoo-Mak, Ah Loo-wit, came in and said that he always knew there was something special about the two. Their favorite customers, however, would have to be Kyungsoo and Jongin, who came in every weekday to spend time with the other couple.

One day, while Jongdae was serving a sweet couple from Japan, the door opened, and in came another couple, who seemed to be about their age. They sat down with their child and waited. Jongdae thought he had seen them somewhere before, but couldn't quite remember from where. Pushing the thought away, he grabs a pen and walks toward the couple. Suddenly, he recognizes the girl, which makes him turn around and running to find Yixing.

"Yixing," Jongdae pants when he finds Yixing reading the newspaper. "You have to come with me."

Jongdae grabbed Yixing's hand and dragged him to the table where the small family was sitting. The father started listing what they all wanted, but Jongdae didn't write them down yet.

"Hello Hyunyoung," Jongdae greeted. Yixing's eyes immediately glued to the woman.

"Jongdae? Yixing?" Hyunyoung asked. She still looked like herself, but there was something about her. She looked like a mother.

"Oh my God!!" Yixing shouted. "Hey guys!!"

"Oh wow," Hyunyoung exclaimed. "I didn't recognize you guys, but now I wonder how I couldn't."

They all laughed and started talking about their recent lives. Hyunyoung and her husband, Jin Woo-Ma, now owned the Ik-Loot-Moon bank, while their son was doing great in school. After all the stories, Hyunyoung finally asked if Yixing got over her okay all those years ago.

"Oh, I was fine," Yixing said, looking lovingly into Jongdae's eyes. "Besides, Jongdae was always there for me."

Jongdae smiled at him in a way that only lovers could.

-END OF STORY-


NOTE: This is the end, but I'll go over some things in the next chapter ^^