Mysterious Swamp

Cool-Heart princess

Author POV

As the days go the gangs' life are going as ordinary. Sehun lives as a prince. Everyone likes him because he is playful and funny. Baekhyun lives as a guest of Coravada Kingdom. He keeps searching for the information of King Culder, the father of Chanyeol and Kris, which related to Werewolves World. Chanyeol lives as a werewolves' slave. He works and helps those people. Except for Luhan and Vamper, their lives are going to be unique.

 

Vamper POV

2nd day

"Come on, lazy . We have to travel to Coravada Kingdom. We’re never going to make it if you still sleep." I yelled and tried very hard to pull him.

"You're such an early bird. I just need a few more minutes." Luhan replied with his eyes closed.

"Geez! Okay, take a few more minutes and we'll leave. I'm going to check on the status outside." I said exhaustingly.

"Bye, honey." Luhan teased.

Outside the cave

I took a deep breath, turned around to capture a great view of the forest. Wait! A forest? This forest is not so far from the village that we just left. Why don't they cut these forests, too? 

Then I heard a soft raspy voice is calling me: Come on, Come here. Follow the sound of my voice.

My mind goes dark, my legs started to get into the forest. I can felt nothing like I was under a heavy effort that I can't even control myself. 'What should I do now? The forest is calling me. Something suspicious is down there.'

"Vamper!" I heard Luhan shouted from behind.

"Where are you going?" He shouted once again. I wanted to answer but, all of my muscles, my vein are under control. I can't even talk.

'Luhan help me I can't move.' I thought as I knew that Luhan would hear me. 

Luhan gasped and ran toward me. He grabbed my shoulders and shook them. 

"Wake up!" He yelled.

'I can't!' I shouted in my mind and kept walking. Luhan's eyes widened and then he closed his eyes without letting go of my shoulders.

"Stab out of it!" He shouted once again. Suddenly, I just got control of myself, but Luhan sank onto the ground. I was shocked but hurried to get him. He was unconscious. He has ability to control and change someone mind? He was pretty cool. I put my hand on his forehead and tried to heal him and it worked! He opened his eyes slowly. 

"Oh! Good morning, Vamper." He said with a little creepy smile on his lips and waved his left hand.

"You should say that long time ago." I said exhaustingly.

I carried him by putting his left arm on my shoulder.

“I don’t know what happen to this forest, but it’s calling me in there. It’s a soft, small, raspy voice like an old lady.” I told him.

“How cans an old woman live in there? It’s too dangerous. This forest is more like a swamp forest. I’m sure there are some weird creatures because this swamp is huge.” Luhan replied.

“I think we should check on this swamp. I want to find out what is calling me. This power controls my mind that I can’t even move or talk. I guess it related to telepathy.” I said.

“I don’t think so. The 12 forces that we own are only available for princes for princesses that have been blessed, not regular creatures.” Luhan explained.

“Then, what is it?” I asked.

“I’m not sure. Maybe, it related to the witches or wizards that can control others bodies.”

“Witches and wizards!?” I exclaimed.

“That’s mean there are many people trapped in there. That’s why the soldiers don’t dare to cut or go near the forest.” Luhan said.

“Then we have help.” I said and Luhan nodded. I patted Fire’s head and said “Fire, you stay here until we come back and take care of our stuffs.” He nodded as response.

Fast Forward>>>

As soon as we reached the swamp, I told Luhan “Luhan, grab my hand tie. We’re going to fly if we don’t want to mess up.” “Oh! Okay.” Luhan looks surprise but quickly recovered and agreed.

Luhan grabbed my open palm and I stared flying using my air bending skill. “Wow! Incredible!” Luhan exclaimed after we were flying for awhile. At first, he looked scare but now, he got used to it.

“Where are we going?” Luhan asked. I didn’t speak because I knew that a pair of eyes was watching us… the creepy ones.

‘We’ll land when we meet someone. Let’s be quiet now. I feel someone’s starring at us.’

“Okay.” Luhan whispered back.

We kept silent until we reached a hill in the middle of the swamp. Luhan bended his body from left to right and right to left, making frowning expression, and kept complaining about how long we’ve been flown like a stubborn but cute baby.

“Luhan, you don’t have to be overreacting.” I said and glared at him, doing his childish exercise.

“Vamper, I just want to know how long we’ve been flying.” Luhan asked.

“About 4~~~ or 5~~~ minutes.” I said teasingly.

“Oh!” Luhan exclaimed with shame.

There is a small town on the hill. Then we found something interesting, a tall old house, at the edge of the hill. We decided to check out this most suspicious house before reach to the town. If we think it in the right way, maybe the owner of this house could help us.

“There is someone in here.” Luhan exclaimed and pointed at the house. I whirled around but I see nothing.

“You’re sure someone’s there?” I ensured him. He nodded as response.

“I saw a black shadow at the window.” He continued.

We walked toward the house slowly. I can felt something shaking beneath the Earth’s surface.

‘There is something down there. Something’s creepy.’ I tried to contact through my mind.

“You feel that too?” He whispered. I nodded.

We continued to walk slowly, carefully, not letting any trap tricks us, but there is nothing suspicious. Luhan grabbed my left hand and go right to the door of the house while I was checking out everything around us. I was still wondering about the voice that has been calling me here. I was pretty sure that was a voice from living thing, not the supernatural like ghost or the forest in this swamp. Luhan used his left hand to knock the door and shouted without leaving my hand.

“Excuse me! Anybody home?”

Silent... Nothing responded as.

“Excuse me again! Anybody home?” He asked, but nothing again.

“Seems like nobody here.” Luhan turned to face me.

‘I’m sure there is.’ I thought to contact him.

“I think so.” He agreed.

He tried to knock again, but immediately the door swung open. Luhan was shocked and I gasped then an old woman walked out from the dark. She was really old. Her hair’s already turned white, but I’m sure she is pretty when she was young. She greeted us with a wide smile.

“Hello, children!” She greeted us.

“Oh! Hi” Luhan quickly replied.

“Do you want to come in here?” She asked with the big smile still on her face. She expanded her right arm as she is welcoming us.

“Thank you.” We said and bowed at the same time. She lit up the lamp on her old, wooden table and removed the curtains on the big window. The house looks like brighter. She led us to a dining table. When we sat on the chairs, she started speaking.

“My name is Hama.” She said.

“Hama! My name is Luhan this is my wife. Her name is Vamper.”

“Oh! Luhan and Vamper, you are such a sweet couple and why did you come here?” she asked.

“Well, because of me and my wide are lost in the swamp when we were fishing so, we want to ask you for a rest tonight.” Luhan said with smile on his face, too. He was a pretty good liar. I thought he was a poor actor when used tricks on Sehun in his hide and seek game.

“It’s okay. You can sleep here tonight. I’m going to prepare your meal.” She said.

“I’ll help you.” I said and stood up.

“Alright, follow me.” She smiled and led me to the kitchen in her house.

She is guilty, I knew it. Her voice was the same to the voice that has been calling me. I have to know what she did to make the werewolves soldiers scared, not to cut the forest.

‘Do some investigation out there’ I told Luhan, but he shook his head and whispered to me.

“But if anyone control your mind again, you wouldn’t be able to defense.”

“Right, then we’ll check the town after dinner with Hama.” I said.

Hama turned around and called me.

“Come on, Vamper. Let’s start cooking.” She said and smiled again. I followed her while Luhan was watching us walk to the kitchen. Until, I nodded as a signal that I’ll be okay. Then Luhan nodded back and walked to the living room.