Free - Sehun

The Heroes Saga: The Untold Stories

Another spin-off to a story from The Heroes Saga. I think writing this story helped in my influx of random Hunnie feels (if you follow my personal blog, I am so sorry >.<) But, nevertheless, here it is! I'm actually almost done with all the members' second parts (OMG that's 24 stories about Exo O-O). But I hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Go ahead and play Sehun-ah.”

“But mom,” Sehun whined and stayed rooted in his spot.

The women sighed, “Sehun-ah, why don’t you want to play with the other kids?”

“Because they think I’m weird,” he mumbled, “I am weird. None of the other kids can control wind or any of the other elements.”

She crouched down next to her son and took his small hand into his, “Oh Sehun, you are not weird. You’re powers are something very, very special. You should be proud that you can already use your powers at your age.”

The eight year old looked away from his mom and down at his feet as she lightly shook his hand.

The mother hung her head and glanced around the park. She straightened her back and smiled when her eyes landed on a small girl by herself in the middle of the field, a kite in her right hand.

“Look, there’s a girl playing by herself. She looks really nice,” Sehun looked up and across the field, “Just give it a chance, oh? It would make me really happy.”

Sehun glanced back at the small girl before looking back at his mom, “Okay,” he mumbled.

“That’s my boy,” she smiled and stood up, “I’ll be right over here, okay?”

Sehun nodded and watched his mom walk to a nearby bench under a tree.

He looked at the girl who was just standing in the middle of the large field. Childhood was supposed to be the time of freedom. But Sehun just felt caged and weighed down by his secret. The girl didn’t seem too bad, she looked nice enough. But outer appearances are very deceiving. Sehun was a living example of that.

He heaved a sigh before walking towards the small girl with the kite.

---

You pouted a little as you stared up at the clear sky.

“What are you staring at?”

The skirt on your dress flared outwards as you whirled around. A boy, no more than a year older than you, stood before you, staring at you behind the dark fringe that partly covered his eyes.

“The sky,” you answered simply.

“Why are you staring at the sky?” he asked, standing next to you and staring up at the cloudless sea of blue above both your heads.

“I don’t know,” you shrugged, “Just waiting for the wind.”

Sehun turned his head towards you, interest in his eyes, “The wind?”

“Yeah, so I can fly my kite,” you held up the kite that was in your hand.

“Right…” Sehun said, mostly to himself.

Sehun looked down at his hand and then at you. He noticed the pout that was on your lips and hint of sadness in your eyes. Even though he just met you, he had this need to take away that sadness and pout and replace it with happiness and a smile.

“Do you think the wind will ever come?” you ask suddenly.

“Um, maybe,” Sehun said back as he flexed his hand a little.

You gave him a questioning look and opened your mouth to say something when the sound of the tree rustling cut you off.

“Wind!” you gasped.

Sehun smiled to himself as he watched you place your kite on the grass and run off away from him, your kite slowly catching the wind and rising into the sky. He watched the paper diamond slightly fly side to side, the string tail with bows swaying with it.

“Hey!”

Sehun turned around and you waved him over.

You gave him a smile when he stopped at your side and looked back up at your kite.

“Thanks for doing this,” you grinned as you unrolled a little more string from the spool in your hands, your eyes still on the flying kite.

“Huh?” Sehun narrowed his eyes in confusion.

“Thanks for making it windy,” you glanced at him.

Sehun’s eyes widened for a second but he quickly recovered, “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“I know you’re the one that made it windy,” you smiled, “I saw the way your hand tensed. Kind of like how mines does when I control water.”

“You control water?!” Sehun yelled a little louder than he should have.

You nodded your head, “Not many people know. Most think I’m a little weird though.”

“Me too,” Sehun said, giving you a shy smile.

“My parents tell me not to tell anyone. But after seeing the way your hand tensed and then the wind blew, I knew I could trust you,” you said.

Sehun’s lips formed into a straight line as he stared down at his feet and tried to control the blush that was crawling up his neck. Wasn’t it supposed to be the girls that blushed, not the boys?

You glanced over at the boy next to you and bit back a smile “I’m ______, by the way.”

Sehun quickly lifted his head and turned to you, “Oh, um, I’m Sehun.”

“Do you want to try?” you asked, holding out the spool of string to him.

“Okay,” he took the spool from your hand, his eyes turning into half-moons.

When Sehun snuck a glance at you, he saw you looking up at the kite in admiration as he raised it higher and higher into the sky. He smiled to himself and returned his eyes back to the kite that was flying in the wind. And for the first time in his life, he felt free.