Ice Skating - Xiumin

The Heroes Saga: The Untold Stories

Finally got around to writing this one! I plan on finishing these sequels/spin-off/prequel things in the next week so look out for those! This story was also inspired by a scene from Rise of Guardians (which is an EXCELLENT movie by the way). So I hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Oppa, I'm scared," your voice ­trembled as you spoke.

"No, it's okay," Xiumin said in a soft voice as he cautiously inched towards you, "Everything is going to be okay."

It was winter and you suggested to Xiumin that the two of you go ice skating on a small lake that was near your house. But what started as an innocent ice skating date, suddenly turned into a nightmare.

"I don't know about this, ______," Xiumin said, standing at the edge of the lake, his skates in his hand.

"Don't worry!" you jumped up from the ground, you own skates on your feet, "I've done this before with my brother when we were younger. I'm sure it's safe."

You regretted your words as the ice beneath your feet slowly started to crack.

"Oppa, do something!" you cried, tears starting to fill your eyes.

"Okay, I will," Xiumin whispered, trying to keep your calm, "Just stay where you are."

Xiumin bit his lip as he weighed his options in his head. He always froze water from the bottom up, not the top down and he never even imagined freezing bodies of water this big.

"I'm going to try freezing the water under me first," he looked up at you, "Just to make sure it's safe, okay?"

"O-Okay," you nodded your head a little, trying your best not to move.

You watched in fear as Xiumin closed his eyes and took a deep breath, his eyebrows furrowed a little as he concentrated. You felt your hopes rise when you thought it was starting to work. But you screamed when there was a loud crack beneath Xiumin's feet. Xiumin's eyes opened in horror and he looked down at the ice under him.

"No! Stop!" you shrieked.

 Xiumin glanced back up at you and felt chest start to tighten when he saw your worried and scared expression.

He quickly glanced around him and as if he could feel it, took note of the parts of the ice that were safe.

"Do you trust me?" he asked you suddenly.

 "What?" you asked, confused.

"Do you trust me?" he repeated.

"Of course I do," you said, looking in his eyes.

Your eyes widened when Xiumin turned his back to you and started to make his way to the edge of the pond.

"Where are you going?!" you yelled.

He turned around and gave you a serious face, "Trust me!"

Your breathing started to get heavy as the ice under your skates cracked a little more. You looked up when you heard Xiumin sigh and saw that he was standing on the frozen bank of the lake, off of the ice.

You kept your eyes on him as he bent down at picked up little pebbles that were around him. He proceeded to throw them on random parts of the ice.

"Okay, you see the rock?" he called.

You nodded your head.

"Those parts of the ice are safe. You're going to need to jump to each of them," he instructed.

"What?! Are you crazy?!" you cried.

"You said you trusted me, trust me now," Xiumin pleaded.

You bit your lip as you looked at the rocks. They weren't that far apart, maybe a few feet from each other, give or take, and you could easily jump to them. But knowing that they were on a thin sheet of ice and deadly cold water was under them, they seemed like they were miles apart.

"Think of it like how we used to play hop scotch in elementary school," Xiumin voiced softly, "It's just like hop scotch."

You looked back down at the scattered rock and then back at your boyfriend.

"Okay, I trust you," you whispered.

Xiumin nodded his head and held out his arms, "Come on, you can do it."

You took a deep breath and focused on the rock closest to yourself.

'Well, it's now or never.'

Holding your breath, you jumped towards the first rock. You yelped a little when you heard the ice crack slightly beneath your feet.

"That’s it! Keep going!" Xiumin called.

You did the same for the next rock and the next.

When you reached the last rock, you froze. You didn't anticipate the last rock being so far from the bank and Xiumin. Even without Xiumin's powers, you could tell that the ice was far thinner at the edge of the pond.

"That's it, ______-ah! Come on, just come towards me," he smiled.

You quickly shook your head, "It's too far! I won't be able to make it!"

The ice beneath your skates started to crack.

"You can do it! Just jump to me!"

"I can't!" you cried.

The ice cracked more.

"Yes you can!" Xiumin yelled, "On the count of three. One…"

Your breathing started to get heavy as the cracks started to spread outward from your skates.

"Two…"

You glanced up at Xiumin who was holding his arms out for you.

"Three!"

You jumped off the ice just as it caved into the arctic water that was hidden below.

Xiumin wrapped his arms tightly around you as you crashed into him and knocked him on his back.

Both of your breathing was heavy as the two of you laid there on the snow, none of you saying a word.

You buried your face into the crook of his neck as Xiumin tipped his head back and let out a sigh in relief.

You looked up at Xiumin and he gave you a small smile when your eyes met.

"No more ice skating," you shook your head with a serious face.

Xiumin let out a short laugh and shook his head as well, "No more ice skating," he agreed.