Impact - Tao

The Heroes Saga: The Untold Stories

What is this? A Tao scenario?! AND the first prequel to a story in The Heroes Saga?! LOL Anyways, sorry I've been MIA for the past few days. I was really lazy and couldn't decide on which scenario I wanted to write. But this is the first prequel for a story in THS so I hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tao quickly lifted his eyes while keeping his head angled toward the book that was in front of him. His lips twitched into a small smile when his eyes landed on your figure across the room.

He secretly watched you looked between the book in front of you and the notebook next to it as you scribbled notes every so often. He felt his heart skip a beat when you would tuck your hair behind your ear and push your glasses up the bride of your nose.

He always thought you were the most beautiful this way, sitting alone in a library and concentrating on your studying.

It started during Sophomore year. Tao was new in your school and, although no one said it out loud, everyone was a little intimidated by him, even if they didn't know why.

He was quiet, but only because he didn't have much to say. Many people thought he was a little weird. And in reality, he was. No one knew where he came from and who he was. His whole identity was a secret and Tao intended to keep it that way. What would people think if they found out he was an alien who could control time?

But on his first day, you were the only one that went up to him and introduced yourself. You were the only one that talked him to him. You were the only one that offered to be his friend.

As your friendship continued over the years the two of you went to school together, Tao started to develop feelings for you. He wasn't going to deny it. But no matter how many times he walked you to class or saw you in the library, he could never work up the nerve to ask you on a date.

His eyes flickered to you as you stood up from the table, your book already packed into your bag. His eyes followed your figure as you walked towards the exit of the library while placing your headphones over your ears.

'I guess today is not the day,' he stared down at the table, sighing to himself in disappointment.

Glancing down at this watch, Tao closed picked up his book and walked out of the library as well.

---

You tapped your foot as you waited for the little man on crosswalk sign the turn green.

The sun had already set and the street lamps were starting to flicker on.

You usually would have gone home by now, but you were so concentrated on your studying that you didn't notice how quickly time had passed.

You looked at the crosswalk signal and saw the man turn from green to red.

You stepped down off the curb and started to walk across the paved, slightly bobbing your head to the music that was blasting out of your headphones.

Just as you were a little more than halfway across the road, you heard a series of loud car horns beeping through your music.

You looked up and turned your head to the side. You froze in your spot with wide eyes as a pair of headlights came speeding towards you.

You quickly squeezed your eyes shut and waited for the impact.

But it never came.

You opened one eye and saw the car a few feet away from you but not moving. You slowly lifted your head and stared at the car, you mouth slightly open, that seemed to be frozen.

You noticed the look on the scared driver's face, but furrowed your eyebrows when he didn't move or even blink.

"What the…?" you whispered in shock.

"______?"

You whipped your head to the side to see Tao slowly walking towards you.

"Tao, do you see this?!" you yelled, your voice echoing throughout the completely silent street.

"Yeah, I see it," he said softly, looking at the car.

"And you're not freaked out?!" you continued to yell.

Tao placed his hands on your shoulders, turning your body towards his, "______, calm down."

"Why aren't you freaking out?!" you demanded.

"I'll tell you, if you calm down," Tao said, looking into your eyes.

You took a few deep breaths as you continued to keep eye contact with Tao.

"That car was supposed to hit me," you whispered, tears starting to fill your eyes.

Tao gathered you into his arms without another word. He slowly your hair and you sobbed into his chest.

"I know you're shaken up," he said in your ear softly, "But you're safe now."

When your sobs calmed and your tears subsided, Tao looked at you in concern, "Are you okay now?"

You slowly nodded your head.

"Okay, this might sound crazy, but …," Tao took a deep breath, "I stopped the car."

You looked at him in confusion, "What?"

"I stopped the car. Well, I didn't really stop the car but I did stop time," he explained.

"What?" you asked again, "Stopped time? That's ridiculous."

Tao let out a frustrated huff, "______-ah, look around. Don't you noticed how nothing is moving and everything is absolutely silent? How the driver of that car still isn't moving?"

You glanced around and realized how quiet and still everything really was. You looked at the trees and saw that the leaves didn't move, not even a centimeter. You looked at the car and the driver and saw how he still had the same expression on when you looked at him before.

You slowly turned back to Tao and he gave you a small smile.

Tao glanced around, "I promise I'll tell you everything. But first, let's get you out of the street so I can start time again."

You allowed Tao to take you by the hand and pull you off the street.

When you stepped onto the sidewalk, the sounds of the city night returned to your ears and you watched in horror as the car that was a few feet away from hitting you sped through the traffic light and down the street.

"How?" you breathed and looked up a Tao.

"It's a really long story," he laughed lightly.

"It's a long walk to my apartment," you said, tightening your grip on his hand.

Tao looked down at your intertwined hands and gave yours a squeeze.

You gave him a smile and started to walk down the sidewalk towards your apartment building.

Tao pulled you closer to his side and took a deep breath, "Well, it started with this tree."