Thunder - Chen

The Heroes Saga: The Untold Stories

Mindless fluff for ChenChen. This is more of a spin-off but I'm just going to title it sequel because it's easier. But I actually wrote this for my friend who is totally in love with Chen, so if you're reading this, I hope you like it :P And I hope you all enjoy! [You can read the original here] ~Admin Kelc

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You sighed and snuggled into Chen's chest as you stared out the window and watched the raindrops race down the glass. The two of you were sprawled on the couch, you leaning against Chen while sitting in between his legs that were stretched on the couch along with yours. Chen rested his cheek against the top of your head as his eyes scanned the words of the book that he had rested against your thighs, his arms wrapped around your waist.

You jumped a little when a crack of thunder boomed throughout the apartment. You heard Chen stifle a laugh as he turned the page of his book.

"Don't laugh!" you whined as you rested the back of your head against his shoulder.

"I wasn't laughing," Chen said in casual tone.

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, "Make it stop," you pouted and rolled your head from side to side on his shoulder.

"I control lightning, not thunder. Sorry, sweetheart," Chen placed a kiss on your temple as he continued to read. 

"But doesn't thunder come from lightning?" you took your head off his shoulder and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, yeah, but I don't control the weather," he flipped the page again, "If Mother Nature wants thunder, I can't stop her."

"Right," you nodded while playing with the hem of the blanket that was thrown over your tangled legs. 

You bit your lip as the two of you lapsed into another comfortable silence. But you jumped and let out a small whine when another boom of thunder shook the apartment. 

Chen let out a chuckle and placed a bookmark in his book before setting it down on the coffee table. He reached over you and threw the blanket off of your legs and took by the waist, turning you in his lap. You gave him a look as he hooked his arms under your legs and around your waist and stood up off the couch.

You quickly wrapped your arms around his neck, "Whoa! Warn a girl!" 

Chen shook his head with a smile as he carried you into your bedroom. 

You jumped and clung onto Chen at the sound of another crack of thunder. You felt Chen's chest vibrate as he silently laughed at you. 

"You did that one on purpose," you grumbled as the two of you entered your shared bedroom.

"Sorry, I just couldn't help myself," Chen said as he swiftly pulled the covers down and gently laid you on the bed.

Your narrowed eyes followed Chen's figure as he made his way to the other side of the bed and laid down next to you, pulling the cover up to both of your necks and wrapping an arm around your waist.

"Hey, don't pout," Chen smiled and gave you a quick kiss, "You know I was just joking."

"And you know that I always get jumpy when there's thunder," you mumbled as you took a hold of one of Chen's hands and held it over your face, playing with his fingers.

You felt the electrical running through his palm up to the tips of his fingers. You didn't really know how to explain it, but it felt as if a buzz of electricity flowed between the both of you. It made you feel connected. And you liked that.

"Why is that?" Chen asked.

You shrugged your shoulders, your eyes still on his hand, "It just catches me by surprise and you know how much I like surprises."

Chen nodded his head, a smile forming on his lips when he remembered when he threw you a surprise birthday party. Yeah, he wasn't going to do that again. 

"Well what if I were to tell you when the thunder was coming?" 

You took your eyes off his hand and looked Chen in the eye, "What do you mean?"

It was silent for a few seconds, "There's going to be thunder in three, two, one," he said quietly.

And just as he said, a boom of thunder filled your ears. Only this time, you didn't jump.

"See, now you won't be surprised anymore," he smiled.

"Well, only when I'm with you."

"Then I guess you just have to be with me all the time."

You grinned as Chen wrapped his arms around you and pulled you to his chest. 

"Why don't we take a nap? I know you can sleep through an earthquakes so I'm pretty sure you can sleep through thunder," you could just hear the smile in his voice.

You rolled your eyes but let out a yawn and closed your eyes.