Reflection - Baekhyun

The Heroes Saga: The Untold Stories

And The Heroes Saga officially comes to a close. I feel a little bit of pride as well as sadness that I'm going to be closing this series. I mean, I do feel a little attached THS seeing as I wrote 24 stories for it. But, I shall move on! Maybe Exo will be a part of the new series that I'm working on? Maybe a chaptered fic? Who knows, but I hope you enjoyed this series and the continuations! I started with Baek and now I'm ending with him as well. Hope you all enjoy! ~Admin Kelc

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Whoa, easy girl."

Baekhyun pulled on the reins and glanced behind him, his horse slowing down to a stop as they entered a clearing in the forest. He jumped off the saddle and slowly removed his leather gloves.

"I think we lost them," he chuckled and stood in front of his horse, her in between her eyes and pecking her above her snout.

She let out a huff and jerked her head away from him.

"Hey, don't be like that, Bada," he pouted, "I enjoy being chased by the King's knights as much as you do."

He walked over to the nap sack that was tied to the saddle and opened the flap. Reaching inside, he pulled out two red apples and fed one to the white stallion as he took a bit out of his own.

He gave her another pat on her side before sitting on a rock near the small pond in the clearing.

"I wonder what she's doing right now," he said to himself as he took another bite of his apple.

He fed the rest of his apple to Bada and stared at himself in the pond's clear water for a few seconds before lifting his hand, a small orb of light forming in his palm.

He kept his eyes on the orb as it grew bigger and brighter. Taking a deep breath, he sent a beam of light into the pond, making the water ripple and his reflection vanish.

The sorcerer lowered his hand and when the image of two girls appeared on the surface of the pond, one girl sitting in front of a large vanity and the other behind her, gently removing a diamond studded tiara from the first's hair.

"Ah, the princess is already getting prepared for bed," he mumbled.

Any man in the kingdom would give their own lives to see this sight: the princess with no guards, just alone in her room and in her pure beauty. But Beakhyun's eyes swept past the royal and a soft smile appeared on his lips when they landed on the servant girl standing behind her.

"Is there anything else, my lady?" you asked as you set the brush down on the vanity counter.

"No, that's all for tonight, ______," the princess turned around in her chair and gave you a smile, "And why do you insist on calling me 'My Lady'? We've known each other long before you became my assistant."

"Rules are rules, Miyoung," you shrugged.

"Always polite," Baekhyun sighed, propping his elbow on his knee and resting his cheek in his palm as he watched you lovingly.

"Plus, if anyone heard me call you by your name, my head would probably be chopped off," you added.

Miyoung scoffed and lightly whacked your arm, "The knights aren't that cruel."

"Oh, you'd be surprised, Princess," Baekhyun muttered as he tried to recall how many times the knights made him run for his life just because they suspected that he was using "dark magic".

You laughed as you walked to the four post bed and turned down the covers.

The princess stood up from the vanity chair and sat at the edge of the bed.

"Well, if that's it for tonight, I'll be going," you bowed and headed towards the door, "Goodnight, Princess."

"Goodnight," she responded as he got under the covers.

You gave her one final bow for the night and opened the door to make your leave.

"Oh, ______," she called.

You stuck you head back into the room, "Yes?"

"If it's not too much trouble, would you mind going to the market to get some fresh vegetables?" she asked from under the layers of blankets, "I feel like tomorrow is going to be a salad type of day."

"No problem, I'll go first thing in the morning," you nodded and quietly shut the door.

The image on the water's surface faded as Baekhyun leaned back on his back, his hands behind his head, and stared up at the stars.

Bada trotted to his side and dipped her head, her eyes starting to droop close.

"Well, it seems like we're going to the market tomorrow," Baekhyun smiled and reached up to pet her.

---

"Thank you," you bowed to the merchant and placed the fresh tomatoes into your basket along with the rest of the newly picked vegetables that you just purchased for the Princess.

You grimaced a little as you carried the basket down the dusty road back towards the palace. Who knew vegetables could be that heavy?

"Need some help?"

You turned to see a boy walking next to you while holding the reins of a white horse and giving you a charming, boyish smile.

"No thank you, I can manage," you replied shyly, tightening your grip on the handles of the basket.

"I'm not a thief," he raised both his hands, "I promise."

It shocked you how although he released the strap of leather attached to the horse, it continued to walk by his side, making to attempt to escape or stray away from its master.

"Isn't that what thieves usually say before they steal from people?" you asked with a smirk.

The boy nodded and clasped his hands behind his back, "Point taken."

You nodded and the two of you lapsed into silence.

"Um, you're the Princess's personal assistant right?" the boy asked suddenly.

"Yes, I am," you sighed. 'Of course, he's just another suitor.'

"But the King and Queen do not allow anyone to court the Princess without their knowledge," you informed him, "You might want to talk to them first if you're thinking about being a potential suitor."

The boy's eyes widened and he waved his hands in front of his face while quickly shaking his head.

"Oh, no! That's not what I meant!" he exclaimed, "I don't even like the Princess!"

You raised an eyebrow and stared at him in shock. Well that was definitely a first.

His eyes widened, "No! That's not what I meant either! Of course, she's beautiful. I just, it's just that, she's not really my type. I like girls from … humbler backgrounds," he scratched the back of his neck while taking quick glances at you.

You focused your eyes on the contents of the basket you were holding and cleared your throat awkwardly. You snuck at glance at him and saw that he was biting his lip and looking down at his feet, his face flushed red from embarrassment.

"Umm, you have a beautiful horse," you commented, trying to change the subject.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah, I raised her ever since she was a baby," he smiled and the horse's neck lightly.

"You two much have a great connection."

"Yeah, we've been together since the day she was born," he nodded, "She's like my best friend."

"That's amazing," you said softly.

The boy noticed the way you shifted your grip on the basket, "Are you sure you don't need help with that?"

You shook your head, "We're already at the palace anyways."

The boy whipped his head around to see that the two of you were standing at the base of the staircase that led to the palace's stained glass double doors.

"Oh," he mouthed.

"Well, I hope you have a good day," you gave him a small bow and started to climb the stairs.

"Wait!" he called when you were about halfway to the door.

You turned around and gave him a questioning look.

"I'm Baekhyun, by the way," he flashed another smile.

"______," you responded with a grin before turning around the climbing the rest of the stairs.

Baekhyun watched you nod to the knight as he held the door open for you and disappear into the palace.

---

"Who was that?!" Miyoung ran up to when you entered the palace.

"What you talking about?" you asked as you entered the kitchen and placed the basket on the table with a sigh.

"That boy you were talking to!" she whispered quite loudly.

"Oh, Baekhyun?" you asked as you took the vegetables out of the basket.

"Baekhyun, huh?" Miyoung let out a squeal.

"What is the matter with you?" you laughed.

Miyoung's jaw dropped, "You didn't notice?"

"Notice what?"

"That he likes you!" she yelled.

You could feel your face starting to turn hot but you shook your head, "That's ridiculous."

Miyoung rolled her eyes and took you by the shoulders, "______, trust me. He likes you."

You smiled and gently took the Princess's hands off your shoulder, "I highly doubt that. If he likes me like you say, then he'll be at the docks tomorrow when I go to pick up your dinner and he'll tell me himself."

Baekhyun clicked the small mirror shut and placed in into his pocket with a smile.

"Well, Bada," he turned towards his horse, "I guess we're going to the docks tomorrow."