Chapter VII: Marriage

Limbo

Park Heechan's POV

“Heechan! I’ve got good news for you!” Father called for me from his study. I walked up the stairs with a little spring in my step. I wonder what wonderful news it could be. I gently rapped on the door and entered. Father was very happy. I sat down in the chair that was opposite of him.  “The Jung family agreed to marry you. That boy, Jinyoung, was it? He agreed, but had one condition. I had to pay for his little sister’s medical care! This will be wonderful for our company and the Jung’s company. This is mostly all for you, my precious daughter. Isn’t he the love of your life?” I didn’t move. I didn’t speak. I couldn’t believe it. My past years of chasing him came back into my head. The fun times we had, the sad ones, too, came rushing back into my mind. I even remember how we met. 

 

----

 

“Okay then. See you soon.” I turned around and walked back the way I came. I was extremely happy and nothing could ruin the moment. I put my headphones on and bounced my head along with the beat. I was fine until a guy bumped into me. I fell on my and him, on top of me. His face was perfectly flawless. His eyes were such a beautiful brown. The nose had such a cute shape. Those lips. I won’t mind being kissed by them. This guy was absolutely flawless. I was snapped back to reality when I felt something on my stomach. I quickly gripped my hand and punched him in the face. Oops. 

 

“What was that for?!?” His facial expression was so cute, even though he’s yelling at me. 

 

“You kinda were ON TOP OF ME. It’s not like you’re a guy or anything, but keep your hands to yourself,” I snapped. “And here.” I handed him a piece of paper. It had my name and phone number on it. I made the Call Me sign and continued my way. 

 

---

 

I was making my way to school, when all the cars had gotten held up. I was going to be late, so I opened the door and walked out.

 

“Bye Mr. Kim!” I yelled as I slammed the door. The cold was getting to me. I started to shiver, waiting for the crosswalk to change lights. I felt something drop on my shoulders. I looked over my right shoulder to see the guy I pumped into a couple days ago. 

 

“Why aren’t you wearing more clothes? You’re going to get sick.” He looked so cool, with his hand running through his hair. I moved my eyes to what was on my back. It was his jacket. I beamed up at him.

 

“Thanks.” I walked across the street with him. He was in my school, but he just moved here recently. “I never caught your name. What’s your name?”

 

“Jung Jinyoung. Please call me Jinyoung. What grade are you in?” 

 

“Right now? I’m in grade 8.” His face lit up in excitement. 

 

“For a girl who’s in grade 8, you are pretty daring. Giving a guy, who fell on top of you, your number, Heechan.” That was the first complement he had ever given me.

 

---

 

Father had snapped me out of my memories. I couldn’t wait for tomorrow. I get to announce it to the school. I nodded and bowed. I dismissed myself and went to my room. I called up my best friend, Shin Dongwoo. 

 

“Hey! Guess what?” I squealed over the phone to my best guy friend. 

 

“You’re pregnant? Who’s the father? CAN I BE THE GOD-FATHER?” he yelled back. 

 

“No, you silly,” I giggled. “My dream is becoming real!” 

 

“No. Way. You’re marrying him? For sure? Are you sure he loved you?” I hesitated to answering him. 

 

“Yeah. I mean, we dated for a couple years now.”

 

“But he left you for that girl.” My smile faded away. 

 

“Yeah. But I’ll make him fall for me. Again and again. Everyday, until we die together.” 

 

“Okay then. If you can do that, I’ll be very happy. I just don’t want you to get hurt again.” The last part was barely audible.

 

“I’ll be okay. What can he do to me? As long as he’s mine, I’ll be okay,” I said with an evil grin. 

 

“You sure? You can always talk to me if he does anything to you. I’ll make sure he treats you right.” I heard a punch in the background and let out a small giggle.

 

“Yes, I’m sure. Well, I have to plan the wedding. I’ll talk to you soon. Bye!” I hung up the phone call and dialed another number. 

 

“Hello, is this Elegant Bridal? I would like to schedule an appointment next week. From 4:30 pm to 6 pm. Yes. White wedding dress. Long, please. No price range. Only the finest material. Theme? I will pick one after I choose a wedding dress. Thank you and goodbye.” I got up and went to Dad’s office and told him about the small appointment I made. I then proceeded to find my mom to repeat the same information. This is going to be the best thing ever. No one can stop me now. 

 

 


 

Sorry for the long wait XD writer's block T3T I have the next chapter all planned out c: I work on it during my band class because my director is like always yelling at a section so I have an hour to spare there, but of course I risk my phone poopie ;a; well hope you guys enjoyed this decent chapter OTL 

 

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLEASE it makes me happy when you guys comment.