Tears

Please don’t break!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

-27-28 October 2012-

“Woo Jiho!” Se Bin shook his body with more force.

When she realized he won’t open his eyes no matter what, she searched through his pockets and found his phone.

Missed Calls, Received Calls – they were all from the same contact, Taewoon. Taking in a deep breath, she pressed on the call button. After ringing twice, the boy answered.

“Yah Zico, where are you?!” he screamed.

Se Bin was taken aback. She didn’t know what to say. She had just called a stranger, from someone else’s phone. What was she supposed to say?

Taewoon felt the silence eating him alive. He had a really bad feeling.

“What’s going on?” he asked now in a calmer tone.

“He fainted.” Se Bin whispered.

“WHAT? WHERE ARE YOU?!”

As soon as Se Bin gave him the address, the boy ran to his car and drove at full speed. He needed to be there as soon as possible. If Zico was having another crisis then he should be taken to the hospital immediately.

When he arrived at the place, a small feeling of happiness grew in his heart. Zico wasn’t at a club. He really was being a bit more careful as he said. But the feeling got washed away when he saw Zico’s body. He ran to his side and, with a bit of help from Se Bin, he carried Zico to the backseat of his car.

The girl couldn’t stay back without knowing what was going on so she also entered the car. To Taewoon, it didn’t matter who she was or what relation she had with his little brother. After all she was the one who called so he took her with him without asking a single thing.

At the hospital, the doctor consulted Zico carefully.

“Another crisis” the old man shook his head. “He should stop running around so much. His state is getting worse and worse by day. His heart won’t last too long.” He sighed.

Taewoon bowed. “Thank you for treating him, doctor.” He said, not being able to look the man in his eyes. “I’m not going to let him leave the hospital anymore. If necessary I’ll even lock the door.”

The doctor patted his shoulder and left. After some time Taewoon finally snapped out of his daze. He looked back at Se Bin who was sitting on a chair, waiting. Her face was blank but her eyes were full of concern.

“You didn’t know he was ill, did you?” he asked as he sat down near the girl.

“I knew he was ill from the very first night we met…I-I just didn’t know he was this close to death.” She said. Even though she tried not to show any emotion, she couldn’t. Her voice betrayed her as it cracked from time to time. As much as she hated to admit it, she had gotten attached to Zico.

“I was surprised to see him with you. He usually didn’t care about girls because he knew he wasn’t going to live too much.” Taewoon sighed. “Will you…come visit him?”

“Don’t think so.” Se Bin quickly answered.

“I understand. I just wanted to know what to tell him since he will surely ask about you.”

“I won’t come.” She said again.

Silence settled between the two of them.

After two hours, Se Bin looked at her watch, then back at the door of the room where Zico’s body was resting. She had to leave so she stood up.

“I’ll go now.” She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter