Last meeting

Please don’t break!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

-29 October 2012-

“Woo Jiho! You’re not going anywhere!” Taewoon yelled.

“Please, hyung. I’m begging you!” Zico pleaded.

“I’ve already told you, haven’t I?! I’m not allowing you to go outside anymore. If she comes to visit you, there’s no problem but I won’t let you leave.”

Zico gave his brother one of his most apologetic look ever. “Hyung, I’m begging you. Let me see her one last time.”

Taewoon shook his head. “You’ll say this tomorrow as well…and the day after tomorrow.”

“I won’t. I promise.”

“How can I be so sure you won’t?”

“Because I won’t be able to live ‘til tomorrow.”

Taewoon froze in his spot.

“My heart won’t last that until tomorrow. I can feel it.” Zico added.

Seeing that his brother couldn’t react at all, he made his way to the door and then out to the hallway. He couldn’t walk too well on his own. He needed support from the walls or any other objects that came in his sight.

How bad it felt. His heart was almost giving in. He could barely manage to keep breathing only for the night.

Leaning on the cold wall, Zico clutched his chest. The pain he felt was almost unbearable.

“Please don’t break!” Zico closed his eyes. “I need you tonight. That’s all I’m asking. Let me see her one more time. After that I don’t care if you stop working.”

Gathering all the strength he had left in that body of his, he stood up on his feet, going towards a taxi.

 

Se Bin was staring at the water. It was really quiet without him there. Too quiet for her liking. Ruffling her hair, she stood up ready to go to the hospital despite what Zico told her.

But there he was…Zico was walking towards her with his hands in his pockets. His lips were stretched in a wide smile. In Se Bin’s eyes, he didn’t look happy at all.

“What are you doing here?” she asked, almost shouting due to her anger.

“Why? You don’t like it seeing me?” Zico chuckled. “It wouldn’t harm anyone if you’d greet me warmly at least once.”

Se Bin sighed. That boy could be so damn stubborn sometimes.

“Idiot.” She mumbled, sitting down on the stairs.

Zico went beside her and sat down as well. “I never thought I’d say this but I missed this creepy place.” He chuckled once again.

“It’s not creepy.”

“Then how can I call it?”

“It’s just a darker place.” Se Bin shrugged.

“What about the sounds?”

“What sounds?”

Zico put his finger on his lips signalling Se Bin to be quiet and listen carefully. After a few moments of silence, a loud bark echoed. Out of instinct, Zico shot up from his seat, screaming and laughing at the same time. Even Se Bin’s lips slightly cured up at the sight.

Zico stopped fooling around and simply stared lovingly at her.

“What?” she asked getting a bit shy for the first time. She wasn’t used to be watched by such warm and full of love eyes.

“Your smile” Zico spoke softly. “It’s the first time I’m seeing it.” He sat down at his seat and continued with a low whisper. “It might be the last time as well.”

“Don’t talk like that!” Se Bin got angry.

“But it’s tr-“

Zico couldn’t even finish his sentence when another pang struck his heart. Closing his eyes tightly, he tried hard not to scream.

Se Bin could only watch him struggle. Asking “Are you alright?” or something similar was a waste of time. Of course he wasn’t and she couldn’t do a thing to help him.

The good part was that after just a few minutes, the pain disappeared, allowing Zico to smile foolishly once again.

There was no reason for him to smile yet he did so. Se Bin tried hard to understand why he was like that but she failed. She couldn’t understand the way he was thinking but one thing she knew for sure: Zico was in love with her. She would be lying if she said she didn’t have any feelings for him. They weren’t as strong as his but they were still there.

It wasn’t like her to be the one to make a move first but this one time sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter