Elevator Ride

Let me jump higher

You and Chanyeol sit on a bench beside one of the carnival tents drinking slurpees. He looks at you with sad eyes before saying.

"Hey, I have to go ok, it's time for my shift nearly, actually it was nearly time for my shift ten minutes ago, but now it's like super duper REALLY time for my shift" he giggles with you.

"Umm, that's ok I'll see you at school tommorow, I better get going anyway" you say smiling, it reaches your eyes today.

"Aren't you going to stay for a while, you love festival" He exclaims eyes wide.

"I'm not really in the mood to you know, just be with all the other people right now"staring down you mumble slightly.

He pulls your chin up and smiles .

"Ayyy ignore them, your Seo en Eunji, too cool to spell her name fully S-E-O-U-N-J-I, don't let em beat you up. Walk around like it doesn't bother you okay, don't let them be the reason you don't have fun today." It's like what Kai said but better worded you think as you smile to yourself. You look up at the sweet Chanyeol.

"Yah, I didn't know how to spell my name okay... noone taught me! so I just made it up how I would've liked it spelt, its unique, and your just jealous" you say poking you tongue. Chanyeol gets up smiling but with a sorry I have to go expression in his eyes and leans down to press his soft lips gently against your forehead.

"Cya, text me to let me know you got home safely" he says with his eye smile before he turns around to walk away and you sit still as you realise everyone that was walking around has their eyes trained on the two of you in disbelief. Chanyeol turns around whilst he's walking and whilst going backwards winks slightly and waves before turning around and jogging towards the direction of the haunted house. You sit still for a while as everyone walking past judges you and whispers.

You get up and hurry away from all the staring eyes and go in the direction of the fairy floss, you'll just buy some fairy floss and go home you think. Though Chanyeol's right, it'd be weird on your own and you're kind of tired anyway. You walk towards the fairy floss stand and see Kai paying the student at the stand as he walks and spots you too. The both of you stop for a moment and he evenutally starts to walk again and reaches you. He's wearing a plain white U-neck shirt and baggy black pants with a chain hanging from the belt. 

"Hey" he says

"Hey" you look around to see if anyone is watching the two of you. He sighs 

"Why do you care?"

"Because they do things like drop metal tins on my head"

"my head" Kai chimes in

"Exactly, I don't need you to get hurt for me, so I shouldn't egg whoever it is on" Kai watches you for a second before looking away

"Want some fairy floss" he says handing over the stick "I don't feel like that much, you can have it". You uncertainly go to take it, you did want some you think and he passes it over and starts walking. You follow him instinctively and trail behind a couple of steps.

Hands in his pockets he suddenly stops and you bump into him a little fairy floss hanging from your mouth and your hand bumping into your face. 

"Yah, why'd you stop" you say annoyed.He bends down to your level and you pull you head back a little from the sudden closeness and he comes back up.

"Are you apart of my possy"

"No" you reply insulted.

"Then are you a fan, or a slave ooooor my butler?" he says staring at you.

"No... where are you going with this"

"Then walk WITH me" he stresses the word. You move to his side and start to walk again and he stops infront of the elevator drop. It's a ride where two people get on an elevator and it basically drops at a crazy speed. You look over at Kai and he smiles.

"Wanna ride it?" he says. You love rides you do, the adrenalin is the best but it's a ride that usually couples or guy guy or girl girl friends go on. If you get on it with him you don't want to be misunderstood. Kai looks at you a tinge of excitment in his eyes.You feel bad but

"No"

"Wae!, I got you fairy floss" he points at the stick left in your hand eyes wide like a child.

" So that was just a bribe was it?"

"Yep" he smiles mischeviously.

"Look Kai, I wanna go but.. I don't need to fuel the hate you know" you say as you look around.

"We might aswell put on a show, that way the girls can't just emptily have a reason to hate on you, they'll have an actual reason and they'll be jealous, I mean your not even doing anything now and they're still being mean at least have a little fun with it" he says as he grabs your arm and buys two tickets. You think about what he said and go back to what Yeol said aswell, and they're both kinda right, it ! You step into the elevator and your secured to a disk with Kai in the middle of the space.

"Have you ever been on this ride" you look up to ask Kai.

"Never had someone to go on with" he says flatly staring at the countdown.

The two of you wait in silence and a siren goes and suddenly the elevator drops fast and almost instinctively you grab onto his waist as he slings his arms around your back. You scream and the top of your lungs and hear Kai laughing loudly as he enjoys it too. It stops again and the two of you breath heavy and you look up to see Kai's eyes alive.

Suddenly the elevator goes up and drops before swerving right a little and you fall back but Kai catches you and brings you up gently. The two of you hold onto each other for dear life, though Kai seems rough most of the time you feel safe falling into his arms, knowing that he's got you. And he's so gentle in the way he holds you even though its firm. The ride stops and you look up to Kai to see him staring down at you. The two of you just stare. His eyes deep watch into yours and you see a little spark in his but see a sense of emptiness shadows it. His arms unravel from your dress and you let go onto the shirt you were clinging onto so tightly. The two of you stand somewhat awkward.

"Wanna go play a game" you suggest breaking the silence. To which he nods in return smiling.  He stops infront of the basketball machine. 

"Ayyy, I at this" you say

"More reason for me to play" he smiles wide. You grab a ball from his hand.

"don't be too cocky, I'm sure that I could beat you atleast" you tease as you throw the ball up. He grabs it from your hand.

"Please,if you're going to pretend to be confident... want to make it interesting then" you raise your eyebrows questioningly.

"If I win I get one wish and same goes for you" he says teasingly as he swerves the ball around his hands.

"Yah, Your on!" you reply your competitive spirit out.

You go first and get 13 shots in the time limit, proud you take the ball and pass it hard to Kai and he just smirks and stands as he gets ready. He starts and you realise ... damn it he is so much better than you. In half the time it took you, he gets to ten and you decide foul play is the only way to win. You jump infront of him and grab the ball waving it around.

"YAAAAH, thats cheating" he says dumbstruck and outraged as he tries to get the ball off you. He grabs it and gets a shot you dance around him and jump up and down and he laughs as he misses one.

"Yaaah" He says smiling a little, "Piss off"  he makes another shot poking his tongue at you. Annoyed you sigh and glare back.

A group of girls walk towards the two of you, wait it's the same girls who wouldn't let you sign up for the showcase you think as you turn away to drive your attention else where. They stop infront of you and Kai anyway and you roll your eyes back to them.

"Oi, didn't you hear Kai, Piss off" one of the girls say looking smug and you turn and just stand shooting laser beams through their heads mentally. They all laugh at at the girls comment. Kai turns to see the pack of girls and they stop laughing.The leader girl who Kai stood up to against you the other day clears her voice and walks forward clearing .

"Oh, don't mind her, she's kinda stupid but I guess you're trying to hang around Kai though huh, but truthfully Oppa isn't really into that sorta thing much" she says looking pleased with herself.

"What" you say behind a clenched jaw.

she leans in and whispers so Kai can't hear "Kai Oppa is just being nice to you, you little " she leans back out before laughing and hitting you on the shoulder like you're good friends.

"I'm just kidding ofcourse, but you must teach me how to do that hmm Eunji, Oppas always ignoring me" she says her voice full of aegyo as she turns to Kai.

She looks you up and down with a cold glare again "Nice dress" she says mockingly as your hands tighten around the hem and you look down embarrassed as you compare what they're wearing to yourself "Looks like the two of you are on a date" she giggles.

Kai's arm shoots around your waist "It is a pretty dress isn't it" and before you know it he leans in and he swiftly kisses your left cheeck, with his lips just lightly tapping you and you feel his fairy floss breath on your face as he slowly stands back up.

"you were right, we're on a date so if you didn't mind leave" he says coldly at the girls. They stand there as paralyzed as you, and turn hot on their heels marching away. You look up at Kai mouth slightly open eyes wide. He smirks and points to the scoreboard behind him showing 15. He whispers, his hot breath against your face, "That was my wish" he tenderly unhooks his arm from around you waist and you stumble a little. 

"Mmmm since we started we should finish it right" he says slipping his hand around yours and you walk with him unspoken. He picks his prize from the gift box marked scores. He takes a pair of beaded couple bracelets, one blue and the other yellow. He takes your hand and slips it on before doing the same to himself. 

"It's cheap and kind tacky, and it'll probably break soon but I figure it's pretty fake date appropriate, wanna go eat" he says holding your hand again as he goes to move but this time you stand still. You slowly pull your hand free and look at him for a sec, you're thankful and angry at the same time. But what scares you more is that you're a little fluttered and nervous. You step away from him face blank and turn around.

"Goodnight" you say softly with your back to him  "I'm going home" and you start running for the bus stop leaving a lonely Kai standing behind.

He goes to run for you but feet stuck to the floor he dosn't move, he lets out a deep sigh and looks at the bracelet on his arm and kicks the ground a little.

" Kai what are you even doing" he says quietly staring down.