Coffee Scent

Sweet Moments

 

The thick alluring scent of coffee joined into the air, dominating the small kitchen.

Sounds of liquid pouring into a cup could be heard, then comes up the melodious sound of spoon touching the porcelain; finally, Ryeowook slowly held the white cup and took a sip.

Ah. The unique Italian coffee. Bitterness lingered on the tip of his tongue, but swallowing it down, he could sense a sweet and fragrant taste – making people crave for more.

Ryeowook softly shook his head; maybe he was too much of a coffee addict. It used to be hard for him to be fully awake in the morning, thus his father always shoved him a sip of milk coffee. Savory, tangy in the throat – like an old song you could never forget.

Kyuhyun is such a caring lover – the mini bar in the elegant marble kitchen turned into a small coffee counter, with a black coffee machine and thousands of different kinds of coffee. Wherever he went, the younger always came back with a pack of tasteful brown coffee.
Little noises of slippers being worn could be heard, and a head with tousled hair popped into the kitchen:

-Smells good.

-Which smells good, coffee or scrambled egg?

-Your smell – Kyuhyun, wearing blue pajamas, took a few steps ahead and engulfed the petite figure into his chest, slowly inhaled the alluring scent of his lover.

Ryeowook’s earlobe slowly turned reddish – which interested the latter, and he reached down to gnaw those lovely tomatoes.

-I thought… you have… had enough last night… - Ryeowook raised his now hoarse voice, stopping himself from the moan trying to escape.

-You want more? – Kyuhyun sneakily smiled, his lips moved to attack those rosy lips still swelling from ‘the activity’ a few hours ago.

Ryeowook put down his defenses – to be exact, he always gets rid of his guard whenever the younger is around, and cuddled into the firm chest of his lover.

Peaceful silence.

Kyuhyun is like a cup of pure black coffee. Such was its aromatic scent and bitter taste that it makes you felt dizzy. If not elegant enough, you couldn’t feel a subtle sweetness lingering on your tongue.

It’s me; it’s me who is lucky enough to be the catalyst, like crystal white sugar, or ivory condensed milk; penetrating into his soul, soothed his depressing yet icily heart.

Kyuhyun’s tongue crawled into his warm mouth, sweeping away all the clarity that is left. The mint breath – as a consequence of the toothpaste he used – away Ryeowook’s consciousness, and he deepened the kiss. Two bodies entangled, no space was leaving as a waste. Like coffee and milk, blending into each other perfectly, creating a delicate beauty.

And so, happiness comes. Simply like when you take a sip of Espresso in a patio coffee shop, slowly so that the fragile liquid melts in your mouth as you watch the drizzle blurring the streets, and think about somewhere far far away near the horizon…

True feeling, that is what conquers all matters.

Let itgo, just a little bit. Kyuhyun regretfully left the warmth provided, took out a porcelain cup from the shelf, and poured coffee into it. Ryeowook by instinct followed by two spoons of milk and a little bit of cream. A sudden idea crept in and he brought up some cold fresh milk, starting his work.

A while later, when Kyuhyun stepped out from the bathroom fully dressed, there were mouth-watering scrambled eggs and crispy toasted bread lying neatly on the breakfast bar. Next to it was the cup of coffee, decorated with a lovely brownie heart standing out on the bubbly milk foam.

Upon catching sight of a smiley Ryeowook, the younger felt a brilliant ray of sunlight shining into his soul. He took a sip of his drink, carefully not to mess up the adorable decoration. Still the familiar taste, but much more heart-warming.

Happiness is easy to catch, as long as people know when to reach out their hands.

-Delicious?

The latter beamed a smile at his petite lover and replied with a soft voice made of blended cappuccino:

-To be honest the coffee in your mouth is tastier.

Kyuhyun suddenly froze, wondering when he had become a coffee addict.