Of Midnight Snacks And Pearl Milk Tea

Sweet Moments

I dedicate this to my lovely yeobo to whom I'm sharing my everlasting love - hellokyu 

Enjoy this , my dear. I love you <3

*****

“I’m very very sorry, hyung T^T”

The white LCD screen light shone onto Ryeowook’s face, diverting his delicate features into millions of glowing reflection as he hastily typed the answer onto the white laptop:

“It’s okay, Henry-ah :)”

Very soon, he received the reply from the person on the other chat window:

“Hold on for a sec and lemme find it ^^~”

“Okay”

The tap-tap sound of his fingers on the keyboard finally stopped, and the petite relaxed his muscles, sinking himself in the soft material of the white fluffy mattress. The bedroom he shared with Kyuhyun now fell into complete silence, gentle night breezes tenderly blew the curtains off, creating gentle velvet waves in the black ocean of midnight.

It’s 12 am, and his boyfriend hadn’t come back yet.

Loneliness dominated him – the loneliness of realizing how days had rushed by, and yet the time they spend together were like little droplets of water leaking from the pipes. Was the orbit of daily life – the busy schedules, the tedious photo shoots, and the tiring rehearsals – responsible for this?

Or was it the hearts that need to answer their own questions?

Whatever it was, love isn’t something you can predict.

Ryeowook now lay prone on the large bed with the electronic device; his middle finger unconsciously drew unknown circular movements on the touchpad, which resulted in the disordered swings of the white pointer.

Footsteps echoed in four walls, and soon enough, an affectionate voice was heard:

-You’re using my laptop again – astonishing, Ryeowook was soon wrapped up in a pair of strong arms.

Kyuhyun’s body was cold – probably because he’d just been outside. Nevertheless, the petite could still feel the familiar fragrant warmth from within his lover, and his body was heated up by this tender touch.

-You’re home – he smiled faintly, and with a swift move, Ryeowook turned around to place a quick peck on the other’s arctic lips.

-So cold, Kyuhyun-ah. I remembered telling you to keep yourself warm. What if your stomach begins to ache again?

-Don’t worry, it’s just a little winter breeze – the latter beamed an alluring smile, such a sweetness to see Ryeowook worrying about him – Besides, I got you your favorite midnight snacks.

The petite dragged him down to the ivory mattress and the heater:

-I’m not hungry.

-Still, savor your boyfriend’s effort and eat them – the person now lying on the bed lazily replied with a naughty smirk.

Ryeowook smiled adorably, and with one swift move, he grabbed the food now placing on the nightstand. Such stupid insecure thoughts he had lately, didn’t the younger always return home at night and drown him with his love?

Wrapped nicely in the paper bag was a plastic cup of macchiato coffee and a box containing two chocolate donuts.

-Thought you wouldn’t go to sleep early due to the song practicing tonight so bought them – his boyfriend stated in a plain voice, but Ryeowook could make out an echo of concern. Astonished as how the maknae got aware of his schedule, he took a sip of his favorite drink. The amiable rich cream dominated his senses as he enjoyed the bittersweet scent of the coffee.

Ah, bittersweet – isn’t it right that Kyuhyun has a bitter expression with such a sugary soul inside of him?

He smiled at the new discovery.

-So good. It reminds me of those lovely cups of Pearl Milk Tea I had in Taiwan. Miss them so much – the petite broke the silence, longing to hear the other’s voice.

-Too bad I couldn’t bring the whole shop here for you – Kyuhyun, still in his formal black suit, closed his eyes tiredly. His voice reflected the exhausting body, and it only took a second for his boyfriend to realize it.

-Here, sleep. Let me help you change – the snacks were then left alone on the wooden table, and he hastily came by, untying the cravat.

Sorry for doubting you when you’re in such grueling state, dear.

Soon, the whole suit was pulled out and Ryeowook smoothly put on a pair of comfortable pajamas for his boyfriend. Kyuhyun let out a cute nasal voice when he was being changed, and the older regretted not being able to kiss those rosy lips humming along with his moves.

-I love you – the younger spilled out the last three words, and quickly, he drifted into another land.

-Love you too – Ryeowook smiled genuinely, his erratic heartbeats gradually slowed down to a more pleasant pace.

His smile got wider as he sat down on the silky sofa nearby and took a bite of his donut. The crunchy taste of the freshly baked cake melted in his mouth, and the chocolate frosting lingered sweetly, mixed with colorful sprinkles, making him close his eyes in satisfaction.

Was it the satisfaction of the stomach or had his soul finally received the answer from the person lying there? He didn’t know.

What love is, if it shall be taught;

Then the heart must teach alone.

The laptop – now peacefully gained a spot on the wooden desk – emitted a small beep sound, signing the notification of a new message.

“Found it, hyung\(^o^)/”

=User henryzzz89 is sending a file=

Ryeowook cleaned his hands by a white napkin and hastily clicked “Accept”, then smoothly typed in a reply:

“Thank God. Next time try to organize your files neatly, Henry-ah”

“Haha XD I’m just lazy doing it”

“Then at least name the folders ~ You can’t just leave them all as 'New Folder' forever XD”

“LOL it’s kinda a bad habit that can’t be changed ^^~”

“-sighs- You’re incurable”

There was another beep – signaling the completion of the file transmission.

The petite opened the file – it was a neat music sheet. He carefully read the notes, mesmerizing by the new title song of Super Junior M’s album.

Back into the other line of the chat window, Henry had already typing:

“Oh, hyung, tell Kyuhyun-hyung that his package should have been arrived by tomorrow >o<”

“What package?”

“He told me not to tell you or else he’d kick my off :3”

 “-curious-“

“That’s exactly what he had said in the call with me yesterday =’=”

“Oh. So that’s why he knew I’m going to rehearse tonight”

“I guess so OuO I should go by now, Zhou Mi is calling >o<”

“Okay. Have a good night :)”

“It’s already a new day here, hyung! LOL”

“Oh, then good day. Bye ^^”

“Bye ^^~”

Ryeowook logged off, corps of butterflies dominated his stomach.

*****

When the petite walked into the kitchen the following morning, he found a glass – its surface blurred by the cold steam – placing on the table. It contained an icy honey-colored liquid, and there were even small black balls at the bottom of the container.

He took a sip of the beverage. It’s sweet, probably too sweet – Kyuhyun was never good with food anyways – but hey, isn’t love the sweetest thing on Earth?

Ryeowook brought the glass back to his room and continued his unfinished choir, lips curving into a captivating smile as his brain kept replaying the texts sticking next to the glass earlier:

 “To Ryeowook: It’s your Pearl Milk Tea. Asked Henry to transfer a bag of instant black pearls and it arrived this morning.

To my other hyungs: Do not touch this or I’ll go kicking in your butts (and this is no joke).”