TEN: DAY THREE- Won Bin

White Pearl

Her eyes were all puffy and red when Dara woke up. It made the brothers worried.

“Sand..” it was Seungho. She smiled at him and hugged him. “Are you okay?” he asked.

She nodded and surprised him. “Morning.”

“You can....” it was Cheulyong. His eyes betrayed a hurt expression.

She nodded again. “My voice is back.”

“But...”it was Cheundong, he also felt betrayed.

While Lee Joon, G.O. and Seungho have their mouths wide open.

“Aren’t you happy?” Dara asked confused of their reaction.

“We are... but we... you said.” Seungho stuttered. He felt happy for her but still he felt somehow bad that she lied.

Dara nodded finally understanding them. “I...” she stopped. She looked intently at Seungho, then to Cheulyong, Cheundong and Lee Joon. “Can you keep a secret?” she asked.

They all nodded.

Dara closed her eyes and told them everything. She told them about her being, that she is a mermaid. And how and why she came to their world.

Cheulyong burst out laughing in disbelief when she finished telling her story. All of them were not convinced. Seungho left hurt that she tried to tamper her lie with a bigger and ridiculous one. G.O. run after him. While the three other looked at her scowling. Dara almost feel her tears forming. She run away from them and followed Suengho. She found him limping aided by G.O. He might have tripped himself she thought. Cheulyong, Lee Joon and Cheundong were tailing her. She bit her fingers and let the blood wet his bruised knee. All of them gaped at her thinking of the foolishness she had done. Then they were stunned when Suengho’s bruised knees healed before their eyes.

“Sand...” it was Seungho.

“Do you believe me now?”

“How can we.....” Cheulyong stopped mid sentence when Seungho gave him a warning look.

He nodded at Dara and the others follow too. “But don’t do that again.” He sternly said.

Dara pouted, “What?” she asked.

“Hurting yourself.” Seungho said then turned his back on her.

“Is he mad?” she asked Cheundong. Cheundong smiled at her reassuringly. “No. Just shy.”

Seungho heard him. “Yah!” he shouted at the second maknae. “Shy?”

Dara chuckled. “I am Dara...” she said when she reached Seungho. She was walking backwards, facing Seungho.

“Dara....” the brothers murmured.  

“Careful.” it was Seungho.

Dara tripped and landed on her when she bumped at someone. “Sorry.” she pouted rubbing her sore behind. The person she bumped helped her. When she looked up, her heart raced so fast. The sun blinded her momentarily revealing the glistening necklace the man is wearing. The necklace shed the same blinding light she saw from when she was in the cave. Dara smiled. Her best smile.

“Its okay.” the man said. His eyes were sincere. His stare was warm and welcoming.

“Hyung.” Lee Joon bowed. The others followed suit. The man also bowed along with the person beneath him. Dara caught a glimpse of him and she felt frightened. His eyes were calculating... and cold. She averted her eyes and moved next to Seungho.

“She’s Dara...our sister.” Seungho introduced her. Dara smiled. While Lee Joon, Cheulyong, Cheundong and G.O. forced a nod, thinking how stupid their older brother is.

“Ah.” was man’s only reply.

“He is Won Bin. And the man beside him is Jiyong.” It was Seungho again.

Won Bin and Jiyong nodded. “Were going.” Won Bin hinted that they were in a hurry.

“Yeah. Hyung.” it was Cheundong.

 

When they left, Dara stood at where she was and kept on looking at their slowly fading silhouette. Jiyong looked back and met her eyes. For a moment, she can’t withdraw her gaze. His eyes, there was something odd with them. And his face, it’s.... she shook her head and finally got a grip of herself.