LWI#2 Park Seol Min @ 2PM (Part 1)

Living With Idols

LWI Episode no.: 2

Starring:

2PM members

giruff as Park Seol Min

Genre: Kpop, Fiction, RC, Drama

 

 

Day -01

Location: Unknown

Time: Unknown

Park Seol Min’s POV:

I am in a skin-toned room with some sunlight that shone from the window. On the sofa, were mom and dad sitting who were looking at the pictures.

“Appa, Eomma!”

A boy on his 8’s ran towards my parents.

“Omo, what makes my son so happy?”

My father said as he rubbed the boy’s head. The kid sat on my mother’s lap.

“I have decided!” the boy enthusiastically said with his fist up.

“What is it, my son?” my mother asked.

“I want to be like father when I grow up. I want to be the fastest car racer like you!” he pointed out.

“Kurae?” my father happily said.

The boy nodded. “When you retire, I’ll be the next to hold the title: ‘The Roaring Tiger ’.”

They laughed happily. The boy repeated those little last words and spread his arms on the air and glided on the living room up to a toddler’s crib.

“Dongsaeng-ah! Hurry and grow up so we can learn how to race together! Oppa will be waiting, okay?” he said as he shook lightly the arms of the little toddler. It was followed by the boy’s little giggle.

The boy was so determined on his dreams that when he reached his early 20’s, he began to learn how to drive a race car like a pro. He was so focused on car racing, and joining some racing contests that he didn’t have the time to arrange and to clean things up who was supposed to be his household tasks. Mom and Dad are busy of work and come by the night and the toddler who is now a 17 year old kid goes to the racetrack and cheers for her oppa. But suddenly, there goes his brother on the Black Lotus, who is determined to win the championship, crashing down the cliff.

“Hyeon Min-Oppa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The little girl’s voice echoed and vibrated loudly that even I…even I….

Location:  Park’s Residence

Time: 06:00 am

Mrs. Lee (Seol Min’s Mother)’s POV:

“Oppa!” A voice came out from my daughter’s room. It was unusual. Who is she calling? I hurried to her room to take a look.

“Seol Min?” I sat down beside my daughter who was sitting upright, still on her bed. “Kwaenchanha?”

“Augh, that dream came up again.” She said scratching her forehead. “Good morning, mom.”

“Are you sure you are okay?” I asked again. “You dreamt about your brother again?”

She nodded twice. Losing her brother affected our lives so much, especially hers. We only lost our child and heir, but Seol Min lost her dream, her best friend, brother, and teacher. Hyeon Min stands as a great role in her life. Now, encouraged by her brother since they were young, she grew up with car  

I gave my little daughter a hug.  “That was not a dream, dear. It was a memory who tries to give you a lesson.”

Seol Min’s POV:

I smiled upon what my mom said. As I glanced to my window, I saw my yellow racing car next to my brother’s Black Lotus.

I broke my mom’s wordlessness by asking what is prepared for breakfast.

“I prepared Sam Gyup Sal for you. Your dad went out early for work.” Mom stood up and grabbed my arm.

Even though it had been 4 years since Oppa died, I still feel his presence, especially when I’m racing my car. Not to keep my mom waiting, I went hurriedly went down the kitchen. As we were eating, our telephone rang.

“Let me.” I stood up. “Yoboseyo?”

“Seol Min-ah!” it was my car racing sunbae. “Congratulations, you have just been chosen as the representative for this week’s race!”

I was taken aback but what sunbae said. “Ch’incha?”

Mrs. Lee (Seol Min’s Mother)’s POV:

My daughter was having a loud tone in the phone. Perhaps, something is wrong?

Her eyes brighten up and she is probably squealing. I overheard a little of their conversation but I couldn’t put them together so I asked her when she went back to eat with a happy face.

“It’s just nothing. Sunbae just informed me that I will be this week’s representative for the 11th car racing event. I couldn’t wait!” my daughter enthusiastically said. My husband and I are in opposition for her love of racing. I still remember, Hyeon Min died on the same racing event 4 years ago, on the championship. I want to tell her promptly that I am against it but I would be better if I won’t because she would not let us stop her. Maybe I just have to make a silent move.

As soon as I am done with my chores, I went to visit my friend on the neighboring street. She was watching TV when I came in.

“Mrs. Lee!” she greeted and she let me sit on her couch. “I was about to call you…wait, you look worried. Is an anything wrong?”

“Quite so, Seol Min will be the racing event’s representative.”

I told her what I was bearing in my mind and we exchange thoughts about it when a TV Commercial came up.

------

Calling some teens that are up for Living with Kpop Hallyu Stars!

Are you one of them? Then what are you waiting for?

Just contact your Mayor or perhaps call ####### and look for Ms. Joanna Kim and register to be the representative of your place! Experience life with various kpop groups in a week! We will be waiting for your call!

-------

I don’t know but that commercial caught me up. I looked at my friend who must be thinking the same thing I was thinking.

“This must work!” she cried.

“Mrs. Young, do you have a telephone?”

“I do!”

Day 00

Location: Park’s Garage

Time: 2:00pm

Park Seol Min’s POV:

“Oh, honey, we should do our best on the competition! Haha! I’m so excited that it would drive me nuts!” I said as I was wiping my car. With a little whistling of traditional music, I danced like a trot, shaking my while cleaning happily.

Someone coughed at my back which made me turn around. “Yes?”

“Ms. Park?” the boy with a formal outfit said. I nodded. “Oh, it’s nice to meet you. I am Jang YooGeul from KBS Entertainment Company.”

What the…? What is a Broadcasting Station Employee doing on our house?

“So…?”

“I just want to inform you that you had been the chosen lucky guest for the new show ‘Living With Idols’ which you applied yesterday. The President was interested about your information that is why he chose you above many who applied.”

“Oh-Kay…So when did you say I applied, yesterday?”

“Yes.”

“I can’t remember holding the telephone yesterday.” I said in confusion. “Or maybe I’m not the ‘Ms. Park’ you are talking about.”

“I am supposedly looking for Ms. Park Seol Min…”

My eyes rounded and I grabbed the paper he was holding and read a memo with my name, address, and contact information in it. “Oh My Car! Who did this? I’m sorry but I can’t really remember…”

The man’s forehead wrinkled. “Ms. Park, if you were just making fun of our program then you haven’t applied. We already released baskets of money to ready the set for you being our guest tomorrow. Not just that but we lose some applicants for the week because we rejected their applications for you. So if you don’t do what we wanted and what we expected you to do, then give us some refund right now.”

“Mwo?” a big question mark came out from my mouth. “As in ‘right now’? How much?”

“Estimation is about 20 Million Won.”

My jaw dropped. Where would I get that? So I reconsidered. “But if I do it?”

“If you do it, you don’t have to pay.”

“Are you sure? So, when would I start?”

“Tomorrow until next week.”

“Fine. But I have activities this week, could I still go out from the set?” I asked.

“Just talk to the Producer tomorrow about that. You’ll see him before you proceed. We’ll going to pick you up tomorrow 6:00 a.m.” He handed out his hand and I shook it, as an answer to his deal.

Mrs. Lee (Seol Min’s Mother)’s POV:

All the time I was just eavesdropping in the nearby window. Finally! I will call and talk with my husband about this. I will also talk to the station’s President to busy her so that she couldn’t join the contest.

The sun set and Seol Min returned inside with a wrinkled forehead. She dropped on the couch. “Wahh…”

“Is something wrong, child?” I said in perfect acting. She related the things to me. “So what is your decision?”

“I think I have to compromise, if I don’t want to pay 20 Million. That would be a great headache. But I got a hunch on who did that. I just couldn’t put the things in place to get evidence.” She slowly looked at me. I continued doing my work and she preceded packing up her things.

 I wonder what would be her experience with the Kpop group the commercial was talking about. She had never slept on any house before.  Maybe she’ll learn a lot of things by staying there.

Day 01

Location: Park’s Residence

Time: 5:30 am

Park Seol Min’s POV:

“Urgh!”

I never did have a goodnight’s sleep and as early (or late?) as 5:30 am in the morning I am still wide awake.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not excited. I’m just curious and excited that this week might not turn out well. Not to mention, the racecar event.

*grins*

I turned my lying position into a sitting position and glanced at the 2 shiny cars at the garage by my window. I slowly touched the picture of my brother on a brown frame with a racecar design.

I would never let anything stop me from fulfilling oppa’s dream to win that contest which he almost did last time. Just let me do it, just this once.

Bringing myself out to wipe off the moist of my Yellow Racecar, the worry about me being a guest of a reality show prevailed in my mind which made a sigh escape from my lungs.

“Sweetie~ Oh, there you are.” My Chinese Mom came out saying those words in Chinese.

“Mom, stop speaking Chinese, you know I just couldn’t understand even though I have half of your blood.” I said. I never spoke Chinese and never will learn how to. I’m too busy with other stuffs. “So early?”

 “I got your luggage ready and prepared for you since I know that you’re not gonna do it for yourself.”

“Oh, really.” I said dully. “Of you knew that, mom, why bother to call that Broadcasting Station?”

“Dear-- Okay, I admit that I did it. I know you are pissed off but you’ll thank me for this soon enough when you already could understand. Besides, you can’t reject, right? Now hurry and get ready for the KBS staffs will get you at 6, sharp.” She said wit wiggling eyebrows. She waved her hands back to the house saying, “The 2 Million, dear!”

Rawr. Nappeun eomma, just leaving me with a frown. Oh well, no choice. She also couldn’t go on my behalf. Dad won’t like it if his wife goes on living with some hallyu artists. Ugh!

As I showered, I noticed some stain between the bathroom tiles which made my forehead skin wrinkle. I grabbed an old brush and scrubbed the stain off with a smile of relief.

That smile turned into a frown as soon as I remembered my condition-- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

After getting ready, I checked the things that Mom prepared for me and notice some are lacking, I loaded some stuffs and food, not forgetting my brother’s racing scrapbook and his picture.

The KBS van had now arrived and before I climbed on board, mom and dad both gave me a light hug enough to sustain a week of home-sickness. I was never away from home without my pumo-nim (parents).

I finally closed the door of the van and told the driver I was set.

It wasn’t a long trip. But, I guess we still need to stop over their Main Building.

Location: Producer’s Office

Time: 6:20 am

PARK SEOL MIN’S POV:

“Have a seat Ms. Park.” The producer gestured his hands. “I guess you knew what you entered, don’t you?”

I shook my head.

He gave me a questioning look. “Seriously.”

“I’m serious, sir.” I said with a pause. “Actually I don’t even know what the real reason of why I am I here in front of you. My mother did this thingy and I’m just forced to do this because I have no choice.”

Blunt? Yes, I’m mad. >_>

SRS he’s shocked on the way I said. “What now?”I said.

I mean, he was really speechless of the way I acted. To amend…

“I’m sorry, I am just erm... shocked or whatever. Please just tell me what I need to know and I’ll be fine, really.”

Then he heaved a sigh. “Well, I’m sorry to hear that from you. Anyway, what you need to do is as simple as learning ABC. You don’t have to act nor pretend. Just be yourself while being the guest for our show. Just don’t think that there are camera lenses that are recording everything you’ll gonna do. Just do your usual routine. By the way, you’ll be staying at 2pm’s dorm.”

“Fine.” I said simply. “I have question, Sir. It’s not that I’m on the show, it would be like I’m imprisoned, right? I mean, I could still go to some personal meetings etc.?”

“Of course not, Mrs. Park. But everywhere you go, you are still part of our show. Meaning, you still have to be accompanied by these idols. Deal?”

“Well, as usual, no choice.” I shook hands with him and stood up. As I was about to leave I followed-up. “One more question, this men aren’t jerks and erts, right? If they do, I can’t promise to maintain their best-selling faces.”

He didn’t get to reply. What? You mean, he’s not sure if they are not erts or jerks? Babo.

“Well, to make it sure, I’ll have their coordinator stay with you. Please leave safely and Hwaiting!”

I raised my eyebrow. So he means that I’m not secured with these people? =_= Anyway, I’m thankful he gave me the coordinator to be with me with this week. “Komawo.”

On the car, I couldn’t keep myself from wondering what would happen this week. I was never away from my parents. AND I was never been in a house with a lot of men which I’m not sure I could trust. I was also worried about the race. I wish I could make it.

I clasped my hands in hope and put on my pink headphones.

 

Location: 2PM’s Dorm

Time: 8:30 am

NARRATOR’s POV:

The boys are busy with their own businesses and daily routine since the boys doesn’t have some schedule in the morning, everybody, on their own lives.

Junsu, arranging his accessories; Nichkhun, exercising with their maknae, Chansung; Wooyoung, roaming around; Junho, watching dance videos; Taecyeon, on his position, on the kitchen.

“Taecyeon-ah! Cook me some sourpatch!” Junsu could be heard requesting.

“Arasseo, hyung!” the muscular-piece of meat said. “Aish. Until when they could learn how to cook?” He grumbled. Wooyoung popped up from nowhere and smelled the air.

“Poor Chef. I suggest to make it super spicy for Junsu-hyung so that he’ll learn.” Woo-young suggested while rubbing his hands.

“Mwo? Since when you became so evil to your hyungs?” Taec gave Wooyoung a scorn look which gradually turned into a smirk. “Good idea.”

They gave each other a hi-5 and shared laughter. The two poured a lot of chili sauce in the sourpatch.

“Wraaahhh!!!” someone yelled from the bathroom. It was JunHo. “Did anybody saw my underwear? Gahh! I also forgot my towel. Can someone please hand it over?”

Nobody gave a respond, CAUSE they are busy. Busy with stuff you won’t believe that is worth your time off.

“Somebody, pay attention to me!” the person on the bathroom yelled. “Grr..”

Again, nobody did. Junsu, their eldest yelled back instead, “Get yourself out there and get the things you need by yourself.”

“Mwo? I would be , then?” Junho yelled back.

“If that’s what the best solution, then do it. Besides, we are all busy and we don’t have to give you a percentage of interest. We’ve seen that already thousands of time.” Junsu said, remaining on his position.

With commotion and chaos on the men’s dorm, the guest with their coordinator is on their way.

 

PARK SEOL MIN’s POV:

“Those beasts are still probably asleep right now.” The coordinator said as we dragged our baggages in the elevator.

“Beasts?”

“Oh, I used to call them that since they act like them. Unorganized, dirty, naughty, noisy, you can name everything but believe me their voices are as sweet as their personality. That’s why in 3 years of work with them as a coordinator, I concluded that beasts can also be tamed.”

I shrugged when she mentioned ‘dirty’. I hate that word, those group of words. I don’t think I could keep my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder with them around.

But to prevent from mentioning that to this unnie, I changed my comment.

“Woah. I could say that you really loved them that much.”

“I do. They became close to me like brothers. We sometimes jam like siblings since I’m just about their age. BTW, Seol Min, I’m Moon JinSu.”

I nodded and exchanged greetings with her.

“You were saying earlier that they are still asleep right now?”

“Yep. They were usually hours late with their schedule.”

“LOL.”

Moments of silence was experienced inside the elevator until she declared that we arrived.

Not only Unnie noticed the noise inside, before she pinned in the pass code in the digital door lock, she looked at me and said, “They got no schedules today yet they are already awake. But, I wonder why do they wake up so late when they have some schedules?”

I just gave a shrug.

 

NARRATOR’s POV:

“Yaedura, JinSu and the guest have arrived!”

Someone shouted before the door was spread wide open. It was the voice of their coordianator. In the same timing, JunHo came out of the bathroom, with no piece of cloth covering his body.

“Watch it!” someone shouted as the girls stepped in. A T-shirt was thrown in the air, covering their faces. It was WooYoung.

Commotion started and the men were crammed up, especially JunHo who immediately went back to the bathroom. “JunSu Hyung, I told you going out wasn’t a good idea!”

The women froze until the boys hovered around them, their faces full of worry. Changmin immediately lent a towel and underwear to poor Junho.

“Noona, kwaench’anha? You didn’t see anything right?” Junsu asked. “It was my fault.”

The Coordinator got the cloth out of her face and spanked him.

“Awe, what you saw, was that really serious?” he asked again.

“Babo. I spanked you because you called me noona again. I didn’t see anything, I was closing the door. Whatever it is, maybe Seol Min saw it.” She said.

Seol Min, with the tee still on her face, waved her hand. “I didn’t see anything I promise.”

“Good thing, then.” Woo Young said and was about to take his shirt off her face when Seol Min held it tightly to her face. Woo Young struggled. “Let me borrow this first.”

“Eh?”

Chansung came and grabbed the tee with all his strength, revealing Seol Min’s red face.

“*GASP* You saw it!” WooYoung was shocked as well as everybody.

“I didn’t!” she pressed.

The coordinator knew nothing about what happened. She was just puzzled there on the corner, with Nichkhun excitedly chatting with her.

“Then, why are you red?” Taecyeon’s wiggling eyebrows matched his teasingly confused eyes.

“I-I…This is just my skin color, okay? It’s just natural. People with Chinese blood have red skin.” She reasoned out. Everybody looked to Khun.

“OMO! So, Khun is abnormal?” Chansung gasped. “You are supposed to be red, Khunnie!”

=_=

 

PARK SEOL MIN’S POV:

 “Are you sure you’re fine, miss?” WooYoung asked, holding the guest’s arm. Seol-min became man-sensitive since what happened to her earlier, that case about Junho, still remained on her memory so she immediately took Wooyoung’s hand off her arm. “Hey…”

“I’m fine, okay?” she said, looking disgusted.

WooYoung smiled. “I was just going to get my shirt back. But, if you insist to borrow it for a while…”

“Mwo?” Seolmin looked at what she is holding and pinned the shirt to WooYoun’s chest. “There!”

WooYoung took the opportunity and grasped the girl’s hand and smiled dearly. Obviously, she blushed but insisted on hiding and heavily dragged herself to her assigned room. Weirdly, Wooyoung chuckled as he shook his head.

“Ya, owlie. I noticed you’re acting weird today.” Khun asked with influent Korean. “Are you sick or something?”

“Sick? Is there someone sick who smiles healthily like this?” Wooyoung asked.

“Sad to say, a person who smiles without a reason is sick… HERE.” Khun pointed Wooyoung’s head, stating that his co-member might be crazy.

Chansung, the old maknae who ever loves his dear Wooyoung, overheard the conversation. No one, even the fan girls know if it was bromance or worse. “Nichkhun-hyung! Don’t insult Wooyoung-hyung.”

The Tha Prince mimicked the maknae teasingly and went off to tease other members too.

“Hyungie-ya, was that girl being rude to you? Do you want me to talk to her or something?” Chansung asked with thoughtful eyes. Before he could comment, JinSu coordinator came and glanced at the wall clock.

“In no time, the PD (short producer, FYI) and the staffs for the show will arrive.” She said softly but audible enough for the boys to hear..

“Mwo?” 2PM sounded so shock.

“What’s with the reaction? You didn’t even thought about why am I here with Seol min. Besides, I was there the moment you Manager informed you about the new KBS program which you will be the subject. It is entitled ‘Living With Idols’.”

“Right!” Taecyeon snapped. “So Seol-Min’s the lucky guest?”

“Who’s Seol Min?” Junho asked.

WooYoung grinned. “The girl who saw you coming out from the bathroom with no piece of…”

“Ya! Don’t you ever bring that up again!” JunHo wagged his finger literally infront of Wooyoung’s nose. Now he remembers.

“Taec, ‘lucky’, as you and the fan girls think but Seol Min doesn’t know anything about 2PM. That’s why she may prefer to be called ‘unlucky’.  Producer Ahn caught an ‘innocent stranger’ rather than a ‘lucky fangirl’.”

“So, that’s why your motive is to make yourselves known to her by any means.” A voice was heard, it was the Pd’s. “This is your Day 1 so installed some hidden cameras last night.”

“’Last night’? You mean, you had everything on the morning recorded?” Junho tried to confirm and almost fainted when PD nodded.

“Don’t worry, Junho. You’re an idol. I will protect your image.” PD laughed.

After setting up another set of cameras and props, the PD gestured to Coordinator JinSu to leave with him. Before that, she first headed to SeolMin to bid goodbye. “I’ll be back this eve, sweetie. Hwaiting on your show with 2PM. Remember, please be careful!”

That last sentence unnie left was sweet but it only made everything inside me feel worse and tenser. Imagine, leaving me alone, a girl, with 6 muscular strangers with only cameras watching. O_O

I kept myself distracted by busying myself in unpacking my luggage when someone talked from behind.

“Hello, Miss Park Seol Min.” a man said with an alluring voice which obviously didn’t affect me since his appearance doesn’t fit the tone he used. “By the way, I’m JunSu.”

“Hello, JunSu.” I said dully without even moving my head. I continued to arrange my clothes neatly.

“What are you doing?” he asked rummaging through my things but I didn’t mind him. “You could just leave them… Woah! What is this? How do you wear this type of…”

His tone was different from before. To my surprise he was holding my bra up high, stretching the garter sideways! O_O

“YAHHH!!!!”

 

NARRATOR’S POV:

Junsu came out of the room with fear painted all over her face. From the moment they saw his reaction nobody bothered to try but that was a mission made by Producer Ahn and they don’t want to fail him.

“Yah, hyung. Don’t you know that there are installed cameras all over the place?” Junho said. “We should behave, alright?”

Junho didn’t bother to try himself because he is still embarrassed from the incident. Junsu doesn’t want to try again. WooYoung was just silent, as if he was thinking of something. Khun was afraid, and Taec is confidently planning how to win over her. While Chansung tried. He went in high-spirited but came out with milligrams of sweat in his forehead.

Finally WooYoung gathered up his confidence, not forgetting to exercise his charms, and went inside.

“Yo.”

“Don’t even dare talk. You know, I don’t know what you guys are up to but I’m busy. So if you want to talk, let’s do it next time. Okay? I don’t want to see erts…”

“Wait, ‘erts’? With ‘s’?”

“Yeah. That Junsu guy and you.” Seol Min said, a bit red.

“Me? You mean, holding that hand of yours is erted move already?” Wooyoung was on loose. But he smiled afterwards, knowing that the girl is already blushing.

“Go out.” Seol Min said firmly, hiding her red face. “I said, go. Why do you insist?”

“Because I like you.”

 


 

 

Woah Woah Woah! First Day Confession? By the way that's the end of day 01. I'll be posting the rest of the week on my next update which would be soon, but not very soon. Day 01 had been a long day, ayt? Tsk! Tsk! I hope i still have any ideas for the next days. Anyway, I hope you read the newly updated half of the chapter. i'm sorry if it took so long since i'm a slowpoke. Dun worry, guys. Especially you, Rae-unnie. But i'm sorry if i really have some long delays but this update is straight from my heart. <3 Saranghae and please wait again~