Chapter 2

Trembling Feet

 

Key ran after Jonghyun, both disappearing into the bathroom. The short sound of a door getting locked was heard. Chuckling noises, the water from the shower falling down on the ground, followed by unbelievably sensual moans.

I rolled my eyes. This was nothing special in particular for the two boys, it’s just that I have never actually seen them…well… do it.

My eyes followed the lines of the inspirational quotes I had written all over the walls last summer, and my gaze quickly came across the clock, revealing that I was – as always – very late for school. As I grabbed my lunch I threw my backpack over my left shoulder and left the apartment, into the cold, dark morning.

The day was still young. The birds chirped their songs happily. Bunnies chased after each other, but I had to run to catch my bus. You see, that day was the first day of college. That meant I would meet my so-called mentor for the upcoming semester. A senior gets paired with a college freshman, which would be me, and then shows them around campus, take some classes together, etcetera.

What I didn’t know this mentorship would involve was me sleeping in my mentor’s dorm room for the following 2 nights…

~

‘’hwangyong-hamnida class of 2013!’’ The microphone was too loud, the buildings too big and the classes too boring. Luckily for me, my mentor was a somewhat funny person. The way he introduced himself even made me laugh.

// [flashback]

‘’Uhm. I’m sorry, do you happen to know where the freshmen are?’’ A round, friendly face looked at me questioningly as his eyes quickly scanned me.

‘’Well, I’m one of them. My name is Taemin, Lee Taemin.’’

‘’I’m Lee Jinki, it’s a pleasure to meet you! I guess I’m your appa for the next few days then!’’

‘’Appa?’’ Confused as I was, I could feel my brows forming a frown on my face. ‘’I already have an appa!’’

Jinki started laughing out loud. ‘’Yeah, but… well… you see, that’s what a mentor is called around here!’’

//

 

Later that day, a speech was given by the dean and some students, but I couldn’t set my mind to listening because of the boy that kept looking at me. To my left, sitting about two rows in front of me, there was a black-haired, tall guy staring at me like I was some kind of prey, ready to be eaten.

Still, as I tried to focus on the speech, my mind followed its own path. I constantly caught myself staring back. His dark hair made him look like there was a dark halo floating around him, even though judging by the looks of his face he seemed so very nice. There was definitely something highly particular about him.

~

The first  college-introduction day had come to its end and all of the freshmen were getting ready to go to their appa’s homes. Everywhere students were zipping their bags shut and leaving one by one.  I didn’t carry as much around as everyone else, so Jinki and I were ready to go in a matter of seconds.

He drove a red Hyundai that by the looks of it, didn’t have very long to live anymore. Still, I was eager to see were Jinki - or Onew as he told me to call him – was living.

A BigBang song was blasting through the speakers of the old car as we made our way to Onew’s apartment. He slowly turned down the volume, making sure not to make the music stop too abruptly.

‘’Say, that Minho boy sure likes looking at you, doesn’t he?’’

 

______________________________________________________________________________

A.N.

I actually wrote this story together with the first chapter, but I thought it should be a different chapter from the first one. Anyway or another, I hope you're enjoying the story so far! Tomorrow I'll probably put up the next chapter, so be sure to look out for that!

In the mean time, please enjoy these SHINee macros/captions/whatever