Suzy....

Who are you to me!

 

"Suji ~ah!.....a voice called suji out of nowhere.

The voice made Suzy stop in her own tracks.She was in a dark lane which only had one street light and that too a bit far from her.The street was  too empty for her liking.

Suji~ah!....the voice called her again.Suji tried to look for the person calling her.She turned back but there was no one there.She tried to look around,but her attempt was all in vain .She tried to look around the balconies and the windows of the houses.It was quite dark in many of the houses.She really can't understand where the voice is coming from.She sighed and just continued walking.

Suzy~ah!...She heard the voice again,but this time she actually saw a strange figure standing in some distance.She walked fastly but still cautiously towards the figure.The man standing there,was facing his back towards Suzy and emitting an eerie~ aura.

"Suzy ah!Why are crying?Are you crying because of me?" the man briefly asked.

Suzy was completely confused by those words."Do I know him?He do know my name.But why is he asking if I am crying or not.And that too whether I am crying because of him.What is he even saying.Is he thinking me as someone  else."she was completely lost in these thoughts.

"Suji~ah!mianhae.Please stop crying because of me.

(A small pause)

I can't see anyone get hurt because of me.

Let's not meet or talk to each other anymore"the man said in a teary tone and started walking away without showing his face.

Suzy can't believe what she has just heard.Her mindjust  went blank.Only those words said by him are reverberatting in her mind.Just by seeing his back which is leaving,she felt like she was stabbed,she felt like her heart was going to explode.But all in all she felt like she was abondoned.Suddenly,all her energy was drained.Her head was dizzy,she fell on to her knees~~~...."

"Suzy ah!Suzy ah!"a voice woke up Suzy."Suzy-ah why are cying?" a voice asked in a worried tone.

"Soomin unnie" was all that came out of Suzy's mouth before getiing up and pulling  Soomin into a tight hug.Tears have stopped coming out but all in all she was still afraid.

"Is it the same dream?"Soomin gently asked.

"hmm" was all she could reply with a small nod.Soomin could clearly feel how much weak Suzy was.All Soomin could do was hold Suzy tightly in her arms and hope that she does not remember any of the things.

                                                                                                                                <---->

"Suji~ ah!Wake up.Do you really want to be late.Don't you remember what day today is..?"Soomin yelled while ironing both her own and Suzy's white coat.

Suzy and Soomin are second year medical students.Both of them live separately in an appartment away from their parents which is near their University.

"Aish!whatever it is, just let me sleep unni."Suzy muttered sleepily.

"Yah!Bae Suzy,today is the first orientation activity between the seniors and first years.As you are last year's Univerity topper,you must be there."Soomin iterated.

Suzy scoffed "Ah!Aish why didn't you say that before unni,Minah unni has told me about it 'a hundred times',she would kill me if I am late."while getting up and rushing everything to get ready.

 Soon they were on their way to the college,which is a 10 minute walk from their place.Suzy has been messaging on the phone while walking.She was giggling,scoffing,pouting all through the way as if the reciever would see what she was doing.

Soomin paused walking and Suzy looked back"Is there anything wrong Unni?"

Soomin shooked her head no"It's just that...Are you okay with not sending him off?"she suddenly asked,"He came and spent all his holidays here just to spend time with you,now as he is going back to  his University in China, wouldn't you go to the airport to send him off."

"Ah..!Jongin oppa.He too was asking the same thing now.But you know all too well about me unni,how I cannot stand when someone leaves me and many a times my head hurts a lot and I feel dizzy" Suzy remarked.

"But unni,why do you think that only I am like that?" she asked.

Soomin was a bit taken aback by that question, but she collected herself and answered" That's because you are too affectionate Suzy, you grow bonding  towards everybody you meet".

Even though Suzy wanted to continue the conversation, a beep sound from the phone distracted her towards the phone.

As soon as they reached the school, they hurried towards the auditorium where the meet is to be held.

“Yah Suzy! Do you really want to die in my hands, Why are you this much late” were the first words that invited them in.

“Oh!Minah unni, I was helping a…”

Minah cut off Suzy “Oh!Whatever it might be, now take your position, we have sent Sungjong to interact before you as you were not here.”

Suzy hurriedly went  forward  and stood between all the seniors who were going to be on to the stage.The juniors are all sitting,some listening,some chatting and some others doing their own thing.

She then heard  Sungjong ‘s interaction:

“When does your  Medical school officially begin?” he asked the first years.

The first years started to reply,

“ Is it when you are given your white coat?”

“When you sit through your first orientation activity? “

“When you listen to your first lecture?”

“Or when someone first mistakes you for a doctor?” another one yelled.

That answer brought laughs throughout the auditorium.

“While the Medical school commencement is truly an amalgam of all these things, the answer to this question is medical school starts with Anatomy lab.” Sungjong answered.

As Suzy was hearing the conversation, her head was hurting, it seemed as if she was saying the same things to somebody else. She slowly moved aside and sat in an empty chair while still holding her head.

“Suzy~ah! Are you alright?”

Suzy was shocked to hear that voice, she turned around and exclaimed “Jongin oppa”.