Snowing couches

Snowflakes

 

I stretched my legs out under the table and flipped my blonde hair out of my eyes just enough to get the soon middle aged man in front of me took look at me. He was interested, I could tell. Well, there was no doubt really. It was only five years since he had told me that we should have kids and a dog together. Jonghyun didn’t seem to recognize me though.

However, five years could do much. My face had lost its childish features, my body had grown more mature and I had gained a lot of muscles. Tattoos were scattered over my arms and back, nestling its ways up over my neck. My hair was colored blonde and a piercing decorated my eyebrow. I didn’t wear the school uniform from last time either. I simply couldn’t blame him for not recognizing me.

Me finding him hadn’t been that hard actually. An ad in the paper with the headline “music professor searches assistant” had caught my attention. When I later on had gone to meet him, I saw at once that it was him; His hazel-nut-brown hair that matched his eyes so well. His sharp features and his well-trained shoulders. The squared glasses that made him look older than he really was. His white shirts and black jeans he had worn the two times before. But most importantly his hands, where not a single finger was accompanied by a ring.

- Hrm well Kibum-ssi, Jonghyun started speaking, if you’re eager to start working here as my assistant, I see no problem in that whatsoever. Your CV is perfect and you seem to have the right personality to adapt to this work very well…

As soon as I had seen that notice in the paper, I had known that it was my chance to make up for last time. I had run out from his apartment without really thinking, or thinking too much, there’s really not a big difference between those two. What Jonghyun made me feel was too much at that time. I had only loved my parents like him, and how that went we all know.

- You don’t think it’d be inappropriate? I asked and smiled.

- In what way? He really could understand what I meant.

- Well, I said and stood up, walking towards him, considering our past together, it might be hard for us to work together.

- I don’t understand what you mean Kibum-ssi, Jonghyun frowned, somewhat irritated.

I sat down next to Jonghyun in the brown leather couch, only to put one of my legs on the other side of him so that I sat in his lap facing him. He tried to push me away but I leaned forward and whispered in his ear.

- Kibum-ssi? Is that what you call me nowadays? I preferred Key actually…

I felt Jonghyun’s body become stiff under me. He didn’t make a sound, it almost seemed as if he had stopped breathing.

- Much can happen in five years you know… I whispered, you can get tattoos and change your hair, but deep inside, what you feel, won’t change if you feel it strong enough. I’m sorry for last time. I was frightened that you would leave me too. Just like everyone I had counted as my family had left me before. I had to leave before you hurted me like them, I didn’t understand that you aren’t my parents back then. I know better now. When I saw that notice about that you searched an assistant… I felt like it was my chance to make things right.

- K- Key.. jonghyun stuttered.

- I’m sorry Jonghyun, I said, trying to make my voice clear and steady, I’m sorry for hurting you, are you willing to try again?

He didn’t answer, just like the last time, he leaned in and kissed me.

                                                                 -

 

- Hey Jonghyun, I said, I think we just destroyed your couch…

- It doesn’t matter anymore, Jonghyun grumped still situated on top of me, the main thing is that you’re here Key, and you’re worth a million couches to me.

I sat up, pushing Jonghyun off of me.

- Hey, look! I exclaimed, it’s snowing!

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N - Hello peeps! A short chappie this one, but it's acctually the one I like the best :3 Key is a sly person...
And poor Jjongie, being fooled like that 3 ;_;
Hope you're happy with this chapter! ^^ Now I'm off to doing my homework TToTT pray for me!