Chapter 7

Fireworks

 

“Yah?! You alright? You seem out of it now? Let’s get you to the hospital quickly and inform the rest of the girls. They must be dead worried now.”

 

Tiffany tries to stand up and pull Sunny with her. Sunny pulls her back down and hug her tightly. Shocked, Tiffany just let the small girl embrace her and proceed to mess up her hair purposely in the process.

 

“Thank you.” Sunny whispers.

 

“You are always there for me when I need help. Thank you so much.”

 

Breaking into a smile, Tiffany says, “Come on. What are sisters for if not in time like this? Can you walk? Omo… look at your face. Your mascara is all ruined.”

 

Just then, the sky around them suddenly light up so bright and loud. The concert had ended and fireworks are being release to celebrate the ending of the show. Five fireworks lighten up the sky just above them and with them being on the top balcony of the building, the fireworks explosion sounded double as loud and bright.

 

“AAARRRGGHHHH!!!!!”

 

Sunny screams and ran to the corner to hide herself. Tiffany who is frightens by the sudden fireworks display rushes to Sunny side and immediately cover her ears with both her hands. Hugging her tightly, Tiffany tries to guide Sunny to the doors but Sunny is too afraid and shaken up badly to move. She just collapses on the floor and sobbing hard while pressing herself against Tiffany. She could see the light emit from the fireworks through the lid of her close eyes.

 

No!!! No!!!

 

Not again!!!

 

Sounds of war creep back towards her again and bombs explosion of Gulf War fill her memory once again!! People are screaming again!!

 

No!!!

 

The fireworks continue to fire high up the sky and Tiffany is totally at loss for what to do. She clasps her hands over Sunny’s ears as hard as she can to block out the sound. But she could still feel her body shaking in terror. Looking around, Tiffany found a worn up banner and throw it over her and Sunny to block off the light.

 

“It’s okay! I am here! Nothing is going to hurt you!” she says.

 

“Sunny, don’t listen to the sound of the fireworks. Focus on my voice!!! Focus on my voice!!! Block the explosion sound off. Be strong Sunny!!”

 

Sunny tries to listen to Tiffany fading voice and hold on tight to her voice but the explosions drowned the concentration and she fall slowly back into the horrible world of her childhood memories.