Chapter 2

Fireworks

“SUNNY!”

 

Taeyeon jump off the stage after Sunny. She sees her walking away.

 

Hyoyeon joins Taeyeon asks, “Is she alright? She did not smile for the entire performance. “

 

“I don’t know but it is the first time a firework explodes so close to her. She froze on stage just now.” Yuri replies from behind.

 

“Okay! Girls’ Generation, your second performance will be up in 10 minutes! So, please stay here to wait. As soon as the MC finishes their speech, you can go up!” one of the stage production staff informs them.

 

“Yes, sure,” the girls nod.

 

“She will be back soon. Let her calm down for a second,” Yuri say.

 

But, Tiffany looks worried as her eyes follows Sunny the whole time after the performance ended. She has a feeling that Sunny was really shocked this time. As she tries to follow Sunny, she is blocked by her manager.

 

“Fany, stay here. There is still a performance left,” her manager says.

 

“But, Sunny is s---… “She explains.

 

“I will go find her. Stay here with the girls. She will join the performance later,” the manager calm Tiffany down and rushes off to find Sunny.

 

Two minutes before the second performance, Sunny and the manager haven’t back yet. The rest of the girls started to panic and looks around. Sooyoung got up from her seat and attempt to walk off to search Sunny. Yuri grabs her hand and pulls her back.

 

“Let me go. I must find Sunny,” Sooyoung tries to fling her arm off Yuri grasp.

 

“No! You can’t left like that. What about the performance?” Yuri tightens her grip. “I know you are scared for Sunny, but so do all of us.”

 

“But – But -… “ Sooyoung stuttered.

 

Jessica and Seohyun try to call their manager but his cell phone is lying on the table ringing. Hyoyeon put her arms around Taeyeon who looks like the world just collapse on top of her and Yoona stares hard as far as her eyes can see off to the direction where Sunny disappears to. Tiffany just looks blank and expressionless.

 

The atmosphere around the girls is so cold and dead, even in the lively venue overlooking a massive amount of fans and singers.

 

“It’s Girls’ Generation turn! Prepare the stage and music!”

 

Staffs come over to usher them on stage but the girls hesitated.

 

Finally, Taeyeon stand up and say firmly, “Girls, we need to go on stage. SONE are waiting for us and I am pretty sure Sunny will be alright and manager can find her. Let’s not be too worried. Come on, let’s go!”

 

Hyoyeon, Jessica, Seohyun, Yoona, Yuri, and Sooyoung gets up with sighs and keep looking around carrying hopes that Sunny will be here to join them. Tiffany stands up too but her intention is far from joining her members for the performance.

 

“Someone needs to fill on Sunny position. The person who sings before Sunny covers her part. Okay? Everyone understand?” Taeyeon immediately put down the orders in a reluctant tone.

 

Everyone else nod their head in understanding. All except Tiffany.

 

“Tiffany?” Taeyeon looks at her.

 

At then, staffs come over and start to push them towards the stage. They move up one by one.

 

Taeyeon calls Tiffany again but she just stood looking expressionless.

 

And then, she turns to Taeyeon, “I need to find Sunny! Sorry girls, please do the performance without me and cover my part.” She turns to the opposite direction and speed off before the staffs can hold her.

 

The members all stares at her and stunned by her action.

 

“TIFFANY?!” Taeyeon attempt to run after her.

 

Hyoyeon grab her back, “No! Tiffany and Sunny are not performing already. We can’t lose you too. You are our main vocal!!!”

 

Taeyeon stops at hearing Hyoyeon words and the rest of them can only see Tiffany runs off to find Sunny. The music has started playing and the girls regretfully run up the stage.