Melody over the Horizon

Center Stage

 

A man geared up with a pair of sunglasses, face mask and a cap entered the arrival area of the Seoul Airport. He seemed uneasy walking through the crowd of people until he reached the arrival gate. For the past fifteen minutes, he stood there without even looking who’s beside him. Then a shout was heard all over the area

“Yul Oppa! Sorry did you wait?”.

The unrecognizable man then uttered

“Haneul! I’ve waited for about an hour, you should better give a good reason”.

They made their way out of the crowded area as they continue their conversation.

“I‘m sure that I have a good reason for my delay but for you to wait an hour it is impossible..hahaha!! .”

“yaah!! You little devil! How dare you treat me like that when we just met after a year?”

“hahaha! Then you should stop lying”

Yul became silent..

“I win! I win! Hahaha!!” said Haneul

As they were waiting for the car to arrive a man in mid of thirties amusedly looked at them. Haneul felt Yul’s uneasiness then the man asked

“Are you Yun Haneul the girl that's on top of the graduating class in Tokyo University? I also heard that you were given a full masteral scholarship in Harvard University”

Yul is taken aback while Haneul seems to be surprised.

The man continued

“Accomplishing these things at the age of  20 you’re really incredible”

Not recovering from shock, Hanuel just replied

“Umm.. that’s too much but thank you”

Then the man introduces himself to Haneul.

“Oh! I almost forgot I am Prof. Lee of Korea University,”

“Korea University? Wow what a coincidence..I..”

“Ahh! The car is here..” Yul’s sudden remark

“Sir We’ll get going first, have a nice day!” Yul politely excuses.

As Yul pulled Haneul’s hand Haneul manage to bid her good bye “Nice meeting you sir, have a nice day”.

After riding the car Yul teases Hanuel “I thought your conversation with that man would never end, you are really popular huh..”

“What? Nah! I’m not..He’s just bookish hahaha!!”

“hahaha!! Honestly I thought I am the one he’s looking..I didn’t thought it was you..”

“I’m sorry if I hurt your pride” Haneul teases Yul.

Yul replied “You should be! Hahaha, I don't even know what makes you more popular than C.N. Blue's Charismatic Leader Jung Yong Hwa!” .

"Yong hwa?" hanuel becomes confused.

"Oh I didn't tell you? that's my stage name" Yul clears the confusion

She smiles and said "Ohh that's good since It'll be trouble if they knew who you really are".

After an hour..

“Here we are W. Seoul Hotel”

As soon as the car stopped in front of the hotel Haneul hurriedly open the door.

“whaaa…this hotel is really beautiful..Good job Yul!!” Haneul said happily.

Yul still sitting at the back seat then replied “What I am to you? I didn’t have a surname “Jung” just for decoration”

“Whaa..can you feel it? It’s really cold and breezy…piece of advice, if someone compliments you just say thank you ok?Haneul teases Yul.

Yul then said “You go first I’ll visit you later..”

“So because you’re now an idol you can’t help me with my luggage?”

Yul felt sorry for his childhood friend but he can’t do anything and just replied

“Haneul, that’s not it!…I’m just protecting……”

“aww how sweet of you Oppa!” Haneul’s sudden remark

“What are you talking about? I said “I’m just protecting myself from scandals especially with unattractive woman like you”..Yul jokingly replied.

“Yaah!!an agitated Haneul shouted.

“Sir, we need to gothe driver reminded Yul.

“I’ll call you after we finished recording..See you later!” Yul bid his good bye to Haneul

“Yaah!! Don’t ever come here nor call me!”