{ twenty five } - CHANYEOL - { greedy for you }

〈 exotic fever! 〉☆ saranghamnida. ☆ 〈 exo oneshots! 〉

{ Greedy for You }

{ for bambiz13 }


 

"I swear to God, Sehun, if you call her and tell her --"

"Noona? Oh, hi! It's Sehunnie," the younger giggled boyishly, sheepishly rubbing the nape of his neck as a familiar pink hue brushed gingerly across his pale features. From where Chanyeol lay limply in his bed, he could already hear the sensational pitch of your melodious voice ring from the other side of the phone. "Yeah, noona. Chanyeol-hyung got sick again. The members have their own individual schedules to head to, and no one will be home to assist hyung, so do you think you can come over and help him out?" Sehun grinned mischieviously at the elder. "Thanks, noona! You're absolutely the best!"

Sehun hung up promptly, beaming proudly at himself as he tossed his phone into the contents of his backpack. "You're welcome," he chirped towards Chanyeol cheerfully.
"You brat!" Chanyeol coughed heavily, a playful tone edging in his deep voice. The elder took the time to wheeze deeply, his chest rumbling with distraught pain and burden; Sehun simply arched a brow with amusement. Chanyeol lifted a finger, accusingly shooting it at Sehun's innocent expression. "I told you not to tell her I was sick! Now she's going to --"

"Honestly, I just used your sickness as an excuse to talk to noona." Sehun's jeering candor made Chanyeol's eye twitch for the wrong reasons. "Hyung, she's going to be here any minute; you're so lucky! If I had a noona like her, I would pretend to be sick everyday just to have her take care of me!" the younger pouted, whining childishly. He even added a stamp of his foot to enunciate his budding jealousy for Chanyeol.

 

"Oppa, you're sick again?"

"Noona!"

"Oh, hey."

 

You had made it, huffing slightly from the frantic rush you were previously in. Sehun clamped you into a brotherly hug before patting your shoulder, taking your leave with a friendly Bye, noona! You shuffled towards the edge of Chanyeol's bed, clicking your tongue disapprovingly at his carelessness. "What was it this time?" you questioned with a teasing edge. "Were you playing in the snow without your snow coat? Or were you willingly infecting yourself with bacteria and germs from the other sick members? I told you not to hug sick people, oppa," you chided playfully with a listless smile.

Chanyeol grunted argumentatively, turning over on his side so he could face you. "I didn't want Sehun to call you, but the brat was so quick. He wanted to hear your voice, apparently, that kid."
You smiled knowingly, responding to his immature ramblings with sincere silence. Your hands were quick to brush away the matted locks of brown away from his sweaty forehead, fingertips swiping away the beads of sweat that lingered. "You're burning up," you murmured softly. "You were willing to lay in bed, alone, with a high fever forming like this?" you voiced incredulously, subconsciously raising your volume. Chanyeol winced instinctively, as he had always despised it when you rose your voice at him.

"I didn't want to be a burden.. you have your deadlines coming up, and last time I checked, you were working so hard to earn the promotion," he lamely shot back, pouting to emphasize his sincerity. "I didn't want to hinder in your way of doing that, is all. And it's not like I'm entirely crippled! I know that if any emergency comes up, you're the first on my speed dial to contact," he added bluntly, encasing your petite hands into his. His warmth seeped through your flimsy gloves, radiating the heat throughout your body as he leaned to plant a kiss on your covered knuckles.

You laid him back against the mattress, bustling about to get the needed materials to bring down his temperature. "Just be glad Sehun was kind enough to contact me," you whispered as you lay a mosit towel upon his forehead. 
"But I'm a big boy," he protested insistently. "I can take care of myself, jagi."
"I know," you sighed, "it's just... I worry about you. We all know how reckless you are, Yeollie. You have to be more than just a big boy to be able to take care of yourself," you remarked, making Chanyeol blush slightly.

You laughed at his sudden red color and shook your head. Your thumb padded his cheeks tenderly and you whispered to him in a low voice, "You don't have to be scared to ask for help, you know. I know you want to seem strong and all, but you can always come to me if you need anything.. even if it's something as simple as bringing your fever down." He wrapped his hands around yours once again, and his thumbs found solace in rubbing soothing circles into the center of your palm.

He basked himself in your sweetness for a moment before breaking out in a bright grin, his eye twitching slightly from the building excitement that bubbled in his stomach. You continued to speak, finding slight humor in his reponse. "Call me whenever," you tell him. "I like it; even if you need me or not, I want to be there for you all the time. You've done so much for me and my family, I want to at least thank you."

Chanyeol beamed up at his lover affectionately, his eyes twinkling up at you with mirthful gratitude. "So it's okay to be selfish?" he questioned.

You nodded, smiling playfully along with him. "Of course!"

"So if I get hungry, you'd come over at make me bibimbap? Or when I'm bored, you'd come over and play the Wii with me? Would you come over if I'm feeling lazy? Like maybe do my laundry or help me do the dishes when Kai and Sehun won't do it? Would you come over and help the boys shut up once in a while? Or maybe come over to help me fall asleep at night? It's okay to be selfish, right?" he rambled, grinning madly up at your smiling features. Your irises flashed with slight amusement as he continued.

And then, he came to an abrupt halt, a soft, tender beam lurking at the corner of his lips. "I want to be selfish only with you," he remarked gingerly.
"I want you there for me always, always. I don't need money or fame," he admitted shamelessly. "Can I be greedy only for you?" He grinned up at you elatedly like a young child and for a second, he didn't feel so foul about his coughing anymore.

"Of course you can."