956 kilometers

956 kilometers, 594 miles, 516 nautical miles

A.N: Italics are flashbacks.

Normal font in present.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pacing up and down the hallway of an airport was driving Oh Sehun crazy. It was going to be a few minutes before he got to see him for the first time in person. He wanted to see the love of his life right now. He meant everything to Sehun. He bit his lip as memories came to his mind. He wanted everything for this meeting to be perfect. Everything had to be. He was meeting his boyfriend for the first time, in person. Who wouldn’t want things to be perfect?

He could remember the first time that he talked to him. It was on a site called omegle.

~*~

Seventeen year old Sehun was bored. There was nothing that this young boy could do. He logged on to the internet but there was nothing. He was starting to become upset and frustrated. Almost closing his computer shut, Sehun was about to call one of his friends but it seems as if he beat him to it.

“OH SEHUN!” his hyung’s voice rang on the other line as he took it off his ear.

Sehun stared at the phone in wonder and blinked. Placing it back on his ear, he heard bickering on the other side and held his tongue. Knowing the person who called, he wouldn’t be too happy that the younger boy was making fun of him.

“Nam Woohyun!” The boy screeched on the other line. “Stop trying to bite me, you idiot!” he screamed.

That was enough of Sehun to start laughing causing the person to fake cry. “Why are you laughing at me, Sehunnie? Why?” he sobbed.

“Sehunnie!” he heard Woohyun yell.

“No, Woohyun. No.”

“But Gyu~” Woohyun cooed.

“No buts.”

“Kim Sunggyu, let me talk to Sehunnie.” Woohyun said.

Sehun, on the other hand, was cracking up. He put the call on speaker and was rolling on the floor, dying of laughter. Every time Sunggyu would call, Woohyun would want to talk to him and a fight would begin until Sunggyu would yell at the younger. It would then lead to Woohyun locking himself in the bathroom, sobbing and screaming that ‘Gyugyu doesn’t love me’.

Which happened five minutes later. Sehun could hear Woohyun’s screaming from the other line.

“Hyung go tend to your other half please.” Sehun laughed.

“He’s not my other half. I don’t know what you’re talking about but I have to go.” Sunggyu said sighing.

After the call with Sunggyu and Woohyun, Sehun went back on the internet. There he browsed many American sites, from FaceBook to Tumblr to other sites there were. Not finding a single thing to do, he almost gave up until he came across a single name that might as well change his life forever.

“Ohhh-meee-guull.” He read slowly as if he was a baby bird looking for worms. “Ohmegull.” He said again, this time nodding.

He was then greeted with the orange and white homepage saying “Talk to strangers” with their logo of the omega sign. He stared at the screen for a moment wondering if he really wanted to be on this site or not. He’s never heard of it but Sehun found it strange. I mean talking to strangers. Isn’t that a bit dangerous? He didn’t know who the other person was. It could be some kind of ert for all he knows.

After a bit of a discussion with himself, Sehun decided to try it. It wouldn’t do any harm… would it?

In the little word bar, Sehun typed the English word K-O-R-E-A, thinking that it was a good idea. Once he clicked send, he was taken to another screen where he was going to be able to talk to the other person. Soon they came on and they started to talk. It was five seconds into the conversation where Sehun started to feel a little bit uncomfortable that he clicked, disconnect and log in with another user.

This time it lasted for ten minutes before the other person left.

Twenty minutes before Sehun got bored with the other.

One minute when Sehun realized he was talking with a ert.

Another minute when he again realized he was talking with another ert.

Ten minutes before the other person started talking about something Sehun was uncomfortable talking about.

Another minute, another ert.

Sehun sighed and decided to try a different topic. B-U-B-B-L-E-T-E-A, he typed.

Ten minutes before he got bored.

Five seconds after the person said something random and left.

One second as a person said hi and left.

Three minutes before Sehun felt uncomfortable and left.

Thirty seconds after the other left.

Becoming very much frustrated with himself, Sehun deiced to leave and maybe get back on. That was a big maybe. He didn’t know if he liked it or not.

That’s exactly what Sehun did the next day. It was the same as the day before, randomly browsing websites until he came across the same site. Again Sehun typed in ‘bubble tea’ in hopes of talking to someone.

This time, Sehun read things that he was pretty sure, a seventeen year old boy shouldn’t really read.

The next few days were of Sehun meeting and talking to people. Getting disconnected and slightly freaked out. He kept the same phrase and met some of the same people over and over again. It wasn’t until one lonely morning that Sehun went back on omegle did he feel like something was going to be different.

Doing his usual, Sehun was now online and talking to some random stranger.

Stranger: Hi!

You: Hello ^^

Stranger: How are you?

You: I’m doing well. How about you?

Stranger: I’m doing pretty well.

You: That’s good to hear.

Stranger: What’s your favourite flavor?

You: Chocolate. Yours?

Stranger: Taro. ^_^

You: ajdfuha. I love that flavor also.

Stranger: :D

You: :3

Stranger: I’ve never done this before. >.<

You: What talk to random strangers?

Stranger: Yeah, I’m nervous~

You: I can understand that. There are a lot of bad people on here. D:

Stranger: How long have you been using this site?

You: Two days. I don’t even want to start with the things that I’ve read on here. They’re… gross.D:

Stranger: -laughs- I see.

You: Yes~! It’s so strange and like jadfhahifha.

Stranger: How can you tell?

You: Tell what?

Stranger: You know… >…<

You: Oh. To me it’s if they ask ASL.

Stranger: ASL?

You: Age, , location.

Stranger: Has that happened to you?

You: Way too many times. It’s really creepy. TT~TT

And that’s how Sehun and this stranger talked… for about the entire day. They talked about nothing and everything that came to mind. It was like they were long lost brothers and they were meeting online for the first time.

Stranger: Hey, not to sound creepy or anything but we’ve been talking for about a day, what’s your name?

Sehun blinked at the computer screen, trying to think if he should put a fake name or use his real one. He sighed.

You: Sehun. Yours?

Stranger: Luhan. It’s nice to meet you Sehun ^^

“Luhan.” Sehun said with a smile and kept talking to the boy until they promised to talk again. In order to know that it was each other, they came up with a code word that the other would answer a certain response to.

~*~

Sehun was bouncing up and down in his seat. Sunggyu and Woohyun put their hands on the bouncing boy’s shoulders to calm him down.

“Breath, Hun.” Sunggyu said.

“But hyung.” Sehun whined.

“Please stop bouncing. You’re making me nervous.

Sehun snorted. “I’m making you nervous? I’m the one meeting him for the first time. I’m nervous.” He said swinging his arms around his head, smacking Sunggyu in the face. “Woohyun hyung doesn’t live in China.” He said with a pout once Sunggyu smacked the back of his head for hitting his face.

“Who says I like Woohyun?”

Sehun looked at Sunggyu like he grown another eyes before he started laughing. “Really Gyu hyung? The way you two act. It makes me wanna puke.” He said gagging.

“Says the boy with the really cute internet boy toy. The two of you makes me wanna gag.” Woohyun said punching Sehun’s arm.

“Sunggyu hyung, Woohyun punched me.” he faked cried as Sunggyu gave a death glare at Woohyun.

“Who said that you could punch my baby?” he asked.

“Your baby? I thought that he was our baby.”

Sehun was about to open his mouth but was taken away by another pair of arms. “He’s my baby.” A new voice said.

“Minnie hyung!” Sehun said in shock. “What are you doing here?”

“Meeting my baby’s boyfriend.” Minnie said, petting the younger boy’s hair.

“My gosh Minseok, please don’t run like that again.” a panting boy wheezed.

“Well it’s your fault for being a slow poke.”

“More like slow puke.” Woohyun snickered.

“Stop him hyung.” Sehun whined at the way Woohyun was acting.

Sunggyu smacked the boy’s head while he complained. Sehun smiled and looked at the time sighing. He wouldn’t be landing for another twenty minutes. Sehun didn’t know how he was going to contain his excitement.  Everything was starting to spin in his head. Knowing that he was going to be there soon was enough for Sehun to start bouncing in Minseok’s embrace. The elder just started to laugh and held on to him tighter.

Jongdae didn’t look to happy, Sehun saw causing him to stick out his tongue. Jongdae almost threw a hissy fit but Minseok gave him a peck on the lips and he was calm. Having enough of his boyfriend hugging another male, Jongdae forced Sehun out of his arms and held Minseok by the waist, whispering sweet nothings into his ear.

Sehun decided to sit and to play with his fingers, glancing at the clock every few seconds.

Woohyun smiled and hugged the nervous boy tightly. “He’s most likely going to be like you. NERVOUS.”

Sehun chuckled and kept playing with his fingers.

~*~

It had been over a month since Sehun started talking to Luhan. The two of them were always talking on omegle. It was the phrase they came up with. Their phrase? Twinkle, twinkle little star. They had to use those four words in any type of order before they could really talk.

Stranger: Hey Sehun?

You: Yeah? O_e

Stranger:…

You: Luhan hyung?

Sehun tapped his chin as he waited for Luhan to answer. He wanted to know what the elder wanted. While he was waiting though, his door opened and he was tackled to the ground by a screaming person and two more screaming people standing in his door way.

“YAH NAM WOOHYUN!” Sunggyu and Minseok screamed. “GET OFF SEHUNNIE!”

“Mine~” Woohyun sang in Sehun’s ear.

Sehun groaned underneath the elder male as he tried to push him off. “Woohyun hyung, get off.” He whined.

“But Sehunnie,” Woohyun said, pretending to sob. “Gyugyu and Minmin are going to eat me.” he cried. “Don’t let them eat me.”

“Oh, you’re going to get it Hyunnie.” Sunggyu snickered.

“Ooo, someone’s in trouble.” Sehun heard Jongdae coo. “You better watch out Nam Tree. Grandpa is going to punish your .” He laughed.

“KIM JONGDAE, NO CURSING.” Minseok yelled and Sehun sighed.

“I’m not a grandpa!” Sunggyu almost yelled.

Finally being able to push Woohyun off, Sehun sat up looking for his laptop which was now sitting warmly on Jongdae’s lap. He could see wheels turning inside of his head as he furrowed his brows at the screen. He would open and close his mouth as he read until he looked at Sehun who was just staring at him.

“Who are you talking to?” he asked.

“A friend.” Sehun said like it was nothing important.

Jongdae rose a brow. “A friend? On omegle?”

Upon hearing the words omegle, Minseok and Sunggyu rushed to the computer and read along. Woohyun had moved to the bed and laid there with open eyes, staring at Sehun.

“Now who’s getting in trouble?” he asked, signing the last part.

Sehun furrowed his brows. “What’s wrong with omegle?” he asked.

Sunggyu marched over to the boy and shook his body. “Stop talking to this boy. He could be a for all I know.”

“He’s not though. We’ve been talking for about a month.” He said as his body got shaked. “HYUNG STOP SHAKING ME!”

“Sorry.”

Sehun snorted and grabbed his laptop back about to tell Luhan that he’d be back later when he saw the message Luhan asked.

Stranger: Do you have a Skype?

Sehun typed quickly.

You: I do.

Stranger: What is it?

You: Why? O_e

Stranger: So I can add you, silly. Plus I don’t want to talk to another . They’re really creepy. –shudder-

You: -laughs- Fine. It’s THEhun.

Stranger: THEhun?

You: I have a lisp… or so everyone says. I dunno if it’s true or not. XD

Stranger: Alrighty then.

You: :D Hey Luhan hyung, I gotta go. The crazy crew is here.

Stranger: Alright, I’ll talk to you later?

Stranger: Be on Skype later.

You: I will. Bye hyung.

Sehun shut his laptop and turned around to be face to face with four faces by his. He screamed out as his friends started asking him questions and telling him not to talk to this boy. After all Luhan could be a ert but he wasn’t one… right?

It took a while for his friends to calm down and to get them out of his house. As much as he loved them, he wanted them out so that he could talk to Luhan without anyone yelling at him for talking to a person he barely knew. He sighed happily when there was peace and quiet, almost skipping to his room.

Sliding across his floor, Sehun almost landed on his laptop but came a halt thanks to his wall. As he rubbed his nose, he logged on his computer and got on Skype waiting to have his talk with Luhan. He accepted a friend invite from a LittleDeer who was online. Not five seconds later did the ‘call waiting’ appear on his screen. Widening his eyes, Sehun pressed talk and a baby face person was on the screen.

His hair was soft golden brown that looked like a halo upon his head; his face looked smooth and soft but it defined his features. His eyes were a deep chocolate brown that were also wide in shock. He smiled suddenly causing the corners of his eyes to crinkle on the sides and his pearly whites to show.

Sehun blankly looked at the screen while the other laughed. “Sehun?” he asked, his voice sounding like heaven and an accent that made his name sound y and cute.

“Yes?” he asked, mentally smacking his face for the lame response.

“Are you alright?” Luhan asked concerned for the other.

Sehun came out of his trance and smiled. “I’m alright hyung.” He said waving to camera.

Luhan laughed and waved back. “It’s nice to put a face with the name.”

“It is. It’s nice to finally meet you.” Sehun said lying on his bed and fixing his computer so that he was able to see Luhan properly.

“It’s nice to finally see you.” Luhan smiled.

Sehun nodded and smiled softly.

“Your friends, they seem…”

“They’re strange. There’s no doubt about it.”

Luhan laughed even more causing his eyes to become nothing. Sehun couldn’t help but to blush at the sight. His eyes made Luhan seem more heavenly than he already was. “Tell me about them?”

Sehun eyed Luhan. “You’re not going to come to my house and randomly come and kill me right?”

Luhan shook his head with wide eyes. “Why would you think that?”

“I met you over the internet. You could have been lying.”

Luhan’s eyes became their normal size as he nodded in understanding. “I can see where you’re coming from.” He said with a smile. “My friends have said the same thing. You could have been a too.”

It was Sehun’s turn for his eyes to become wide before he laughed. “I’m far from one.” He giggled. “And I think that you’re far from one also.”

~*~

Sehun looked at his watch amazed on how twenty minutes went by in the blink of an eye. He stared at his hands as they got sweaty and clammy. He was really starting to get nervous. What was going to happen now?

Sehun let his eyes travel to the screen where flight numbers and cities cluttered the screen. He only had one city in mind. He only needed one city. Beijing, China. The words suddenly changed telling Sehun the flight landed safely. Sehun jumped out of his seat scaring Woohyun and his friends before he started jumping up and down not holding his excitement. He heard Woohyun and Jongdae laugh behind him. He didn’t care though.

“Stop jumping Sehun.” Sunggyu and Minseok scolded.

Sehun didn’t stop but smiled. “HYUNG!” He shouted. “He’s here!”

“I know, now let’s go and wait for him.” Woohyun laughed.

~*~

It took another two months before Sehun realized that he had feelings for a certain Chinese boy.

It took another three months before Sehun realized that he should most likely tell the Chinese boy.

It took another five months before Sehun actually could get the courage to tell the Chinese boy.

It took another five seconds before Luhan smiled widely and happily saying that he liked the Korean boy.

It took another two minutes before Sehun and Luhan became an internet couple.

It took another eleven months before Luhan had some news for the Korean boy who was already beyond excited.

~*~

Sehun nodded followed his friends to terminal were the international passengers would be. Just a few more minutes before Sehun would get to see Luhan. Just a few more. He couldn’t stop smiling on the inside the more he thought about Luhan.

 “Sehun, I think that they’re coming.” he heard Jongdae say.

He stopped freaking out and walked over to where his friends were. He saw a group of people walking down the stairs, claiming their bags. Sehun held his breath, his eyes scanning the group of people walking down. Nothing so far.

“Hyungs, there’s nothing.” Sehun said not taking my eyes off the stairwell.

He heard Woohyun giggle when he looked up and saw him. Sehun felt his stomach suddenly drop and lurch forward. There he was. There he was. He saw the soft golden brown that he first saw many months ago. His deep chocolate brown eyes scanned the crowd as if he was looking for someone.

Sehun blinked trying to hold back his tears. Everything about him was starting to dump on him. Again he blinked and watched him walk down the stairs. Sehun smiled really big as his feet were planted onto the ground.

His eyes connected with Sehun’s. He suddenly dropped all his bags and started running. Sehun forced his body to meet his. He had to meet his. He suddenly was wrapped in a warm hug that he’d grown used to within seconds. His scent filled Sehun’s nose as he felt something warm fall on his cheeks. He held him close, not wanting to let go.

He caressed Sehun’s hair, kissing it every second.

“You’re real.” he said holding him tightly. “You’re real.”

Sehun laughed though tears. “Of course I’m real, Luhan. How could I not be?”

Luhan laughed and let Sehun go for a second. He stared deep in his eyes and smiled. “They’re even more amazing in person, Sehun.” he said looking into his eyes.

Sehun felt a blush rush up. “Thank you.” he whispered.

Luhan placed his hands on the side of Sehun’s face and slowly brought his face in. Sehun closed his eyes as he felt soft lips on his. Everything inside of his body exploded into a thousand pieces. He felt happy. Sehun felt wonderfully happy.

Luhan stopped kissing him and gave me another tight hug. Sehun smiled and held him tight not wanting to let him go. He couldn’t let him go. Not now at least.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's ringing in my ears.

I should leave...