Chapter 2: Cry

Two Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

He woke up to the rays of sun poking through the window curtains. He rubbed his eyes and felt his left arm a little sore. It was as if it was stuck under something heavy for a long time. He turned his head to see a tray of food with a “please eat it” note and he gladly ate it. As he ate, he massaged his left forearm and felt that it was a little sticky. He smelled his hand and it smelled like saliva. He thought deeply if he ever drooled on his arm when he was sleeping.

His thoughts were interrupted when he heard a lady’s faint voice singing a familiar song. It seemed like a song that he has heard before. He got off the bed and headed downstairs. As he took slow steps down the stairs, the familiar sweet voice kept getting clearer and more beautiful. When he reached the ground floor, he was stunned to see the owner of the beautiful voice. It was the lady he was not that fond of. But as she sang to the children, he gained interest on her. Her sweet smile gave him warmth he never felt before, at least from what he remembers.

~~~Useobwa apahajiman malgo

Gwaenchanha sesangi neol himdeulge haedo

I shigani da jinagamyeon

Modu da neol ihaehalgeoya~~~

She was too immersed on entertaining the kids that she never noticed a man full of bandages, standing by the stairs, staring at her, admiring her voice, her face and her smile.

The kids applauded at their singing nurse and the piano playing doctor. “Noona, would you like to marry me after fifteen years?” Mason asked innocently with a bright smile.

“Mason-ah, then that would mean that Suzy noona is already thirty-five by the time she marries you..., you wouldn’t want to marry an old woman... women become annoying as they grow older..., they nag a lot, you know? So don’t, Mason-ah... it’s dangerous...” Khun jokingly explained as he stood from his piano seat.

Suzy then glared at him while the kids laugh at Khun’s joke. “I’m telling Unni about this! Hmp!” she threatened and Khun just gulped imagining his woman’s reaction once Suzy spills this secret.

His eyes then shifted to a huge shadow by the stairs and he was surprised to see their “17 year old” patient. “Oh, TaecYeon-ah..., you’re up already?” he asked then Suzy immediately turned her head to face the man, only to find herself blushing at him.

“She must be the criminal who drooled at my arm...” He thought to himself after nodding at Khun’s question and turning to face the young lady.

“Why is he staring at me? Did he notice me blushing?!?! Eotteohke?!” She thought to herself as her met his gaze.

“But I admit she’s cute..., she must also look cute as she slept on my arm...” His thoughts continued as he stared at Suzy.

“Why doesn’t he stop looking at me?? Is he a creep or something??? But I admit, he looks kinda cute with his goofy smile and his ram-like focused eyes...” She continued thinking as their staring game continued.

“Sh*t!!! What the hell was I thinking?!?! This woman, CUTE?!! Pffft!!! But, she does look cute...!!! Yah! Ok TaecYeon, stop whatever the hell you’re thinking!!!” He continued fighting with himself in his thoughts.

“Oh My God!!! Suzy-ah, what in the world are you thinking?!?!? Have you fallen for this creepy stranger?!?!? Hell no!! Suzy-ah, get back to your senses! You should just treat him like a creepy oppa, nothing more!!!” She fought with her thoughts.

The staring game was interrupted when a girl named Ahn SeoHyun tugged on the shorts of Taec lightly. “Ahjussi, did you also fall from the swing like me? You have a lot of wounds...” the girl innocently asked as she showed her Pororo band-aid on her little arm.

“Yup, I just fell from a huge swing..., that’s why I have this huge bandage on my head... Do you have any Pororo band-aid left? I want the same as yours... my bandage looks boring isn’t it?” Taec knelt to match his height with the little girl and spoke sweetly to the little girl.

Khun and Suzy were both surprised to see that Taec was actually good with children and that he had this warm personality behind the huge buffed body. She smiled as the girl took out a Pororo band-aid from her little pouch and pasted it right on top of Taec’s boring white bandage. Taec started playing with the little girl and not long after, the other kids sped up to him and whined for Taec to play with them too.

Suzy and Khun gasped with a smile when they witnessed the little girl’s first kiss. SeoHyun just planted a kiss on Taec’s cheeks which caught the man off guard, but smiled warmly after.

“SeoHyun-ah, this ahjussi has to go somewhere so, let’s get you kids to ChanSeong samcheon, okay?” Khun convinced the kids and soon, they left Taec’s embrace. He then called the other nurse, who came in the waiting room happily eating a banana. The doctor put the clinic and the kids under ChanSeong’s care as the three left for Jeju after letting Taec take his shower and change to something more weather appropriate. They arrived at Jeju by ferry and they went straight to the clinic of Khun’s friend.

“Oppa, you should have told me that the “friend” that you were referring to was Vic unni... I should have brought my little cooking notebook...” Suzy pouted as they went inside the clinic.

“Umma, I’m here!!!” Khun called and not long after, a pretty big-eyed brunette woman in a doctor’s coat came out of the X-ray room.

“Appa, you said that you’d be coming the first thing in the morning?! It’s already noon... It’s not exactly the “first thing in the morning”, you know?” the woman complained but was cooed with a kiss from Khun.

“It’s weird that lovers call each other appa and umma... It’s like calling your parents...” Taec mumbled but Khun heard him and the doctor just raised an eyebrow at him. Fortunately, Vic didn’t or else he would be receiving a beating.

“Annyeong, unni.., long time no see...” Suzy smiled brightly.

“What do you mean long time no see? I just saw you last week...” Vic responded and the younger lady just smiled.

“Unni, did you know..., Khun oppa earlier said that women get annoy---“ Suzy started spilling the beans but was stopped by Khun’s hand on . Suzy glared at him and so did Vic.

“Let go of her NichKhun Horvejkul!!!” She scolded him and like a puppy, he obeyed.

“He said that women get annoying as they grow older and they become naggers... and that women are dangerous... he even once told me that women are like makgeoli... delicious at first but gets your head hurting after some time...” Suzy continued to bury Khun down his grave.

“True...” Taec mumbled and Khun high fived him.

“NichKhun! I’ll deal with you later...” she calmly threatened and he just gulped in his fear. “This must be the patient...” Vic eyed Taec. “Let’s get inside and have you checked...” Vic instructed and led Taec to the CT Scan room.

After some check-ups, Vic advised that he takes some medicine and have him relaxed. Since Jejudo and Udo are popular destinations for relaxation, she suggested that they take him for a stroll in around the islands. Once he relaxes and finds peace, memories may come back to him. After the consultation, Khun stayed with Vic so that they could have their weekly date, while Khun instructed Suzy to take Taec back to Udo and tour him around.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter