Chapter 4: Don’t Forget

Two Months
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They brought him to Vic’s clinic in Jeju, leaving Chan at Udo’s clinic again. They rushed him onto the CT Scan machine and found that he might have had a stronger concussion this time. The two doctors left Suzy with Taec to analyze his results further. They also contacted some better neurologists to help with Taec’s case.

Suzy held his hand tighter than before as tears slowly fell on her face. She prayed for him to be safe and massaged his limbs to help him get more comfortable. After a few hours, Khun came back and told Suzy to go back to Udo to get some clothes for Taec. At first she strongly refused to leave her boyfriend, but after some pushes and scolding from Khun and Vic, she took the earliest ferry back to Udo.

She arrived at Udo and took all the things he’ll need. Unfortunately, she had to wait for another four hours for another ferry to arrive to bring her back to Jejudo.

Meanwhile, Taec was left alone in his hospital bed as the two doctors discussed things further with other colleagues. He slowly opened his eyes to see himself in an unfamiliar room. He looked around for someone he’s been missing for awhile now but didn’t see any signs of her. He sat up and turned his head to the bed side table. He saw an unfamiliar cell phone and grabbed it, he unlocked the screen to see his own face on the wallpaper. He doesn’t remember taking that photo but shrugged it off, before dialling a number he had known with his heart.

“Yeobo? Where are you?” Taec spoke through the phone as soon as the receiver accepted the call.

“OK TAECYEON?! IS THAT REALLY YOU? WHERE ARE YOU?!” the receiver replied in a worried and crying voice.

“Fany-ah, stop screaming, you’re hurting my ears... and why are you crying?” he asked still with a smile. “I’m at...” He looked for something with the hospital’s name. “I’m at Jeju Children’s Hospital... hey, come and pick me up fast... my head’s hurting like crazy... and I miss you, yeobo...” Taec replied.

“Okay, just stay there, and I’ll get there as soon as I can, okay baby? Thank God you’re alive... I love you babe...” Fany replied as she continued crying before ending the call to rush for her husband.

He lied back to sleep as he waited for his beautiful wife to arrive. After sleeping for a little more than an hour, his wife came rushing in to his hospital room. She patted his shoulder to wake him up. He opened his eyes and put the crying woman in his embrace. He kissed her sweetly before he wiped the tears away from her face.

“What exactly happened to you? Where were you for the past two months?” Fany asked in between sobs.

“Two months? You mean I was missing for two months?” He asked and she just nodded cutely. “Hey, let’s just talk on the plane..., I can’t wait to go home...” He suggested before he went to change his clothes and walked out of the small hospital with his wife and their bodyguards.

On their private plane, she explained how he was gone for two months and how he was searching for him all over South Korea, however it never occurred to her that he would be in a far island like Jejudo. He also explained how he doesn’t remember anything in those two months. He just remembered being robbed by some people and having him beaten to near death. He just woke up this afternoon to see himself on a hospital bed.

She then informed him that their people had found out the mastermind of what happened to Taec. It was not a simple robbery after all, it was all planned by his uncle who had wanted the family’s riches right after his dad passed away, having Taec succeed the entire corporation. She already had the uncle convicted right after his confession of “killing” his nephew, which never really happened since Taec was somehow saved. People thought that Taec was really dead but she was the only one who believed otherwise, saying that as long as there’s no dead body in front of her, her husband IS alive. And he is.

They landed on Seoul about an hour later and the media swarmed at them as they exited the airport. Minutes later, all news channels and social media sites had articles and headlines saying that “Conglomerate Ok TaecYeon IS alive!”, “Businessman Ok TaecYeon finally reunited with wife Artist Hwang Tiffany!”, and “Successful entrepreneur Ok TaecYeon at Seoul safe and sound!!!”

On the other side of the country, Suzy had just come back from Udo with his things. But she was shocked and scared after seeing an empty bed and two doctors’ worried faces.

“W-Where is h-he?” Suzy asked the two people in front of her.

“We don’t know... we were just outside talking about his condition and when we came back he was gone...” Khun explained. He tried to approach her to calm her down but she stepped back with tears threatening to flow on her fair face.

“Suzy-ah, we’re really sorry... we should have tightened the security... one of our nurses said that she saw him walk out the hospital with a woman and some men in black suits...” Vic apologized.

“Suzy-ah... you have to calm down... he’ll be back in no time...” Khun cooed but gained a slap from Suzy. Vic was dumbfounded with the lady’s action.

“Oppa! He won’t be back!!! He was with someone else, he had bodyguards with him!!! He regained his memories!!! And he has forgotten about me!!! Do you think he’ll come back to me?!?!” She questioned him angrily. Khun then wrapped the younger woman in his arms to stop her from crying. “OPPAAAA!!!” she screamed pounding on Khun’s back. All of a sudden, Suzy’s phone rang. Vic grabbed it from the bed side table and answered it.

“ChanSeong-ah..., now’s not a good time...” Vic spoke.

“Noona.., you have to open your TV now!!! Go to any news station and you’ll understand everything...” Chan instructed and Vic immediately did so.

Upon fixing her eyes onto the screen, her jaw dropped. “Appa, Suzy-ah..., you have to see this...” she said and the two broke from the hug and stared at the screen.

“That’s why Taec hyung looked too familiar... he was the musician who turned into a conglomerate in just one day...” Chan told Vic after remembering seeing past articles about the hot issue.

“Conglom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter